Nologik
Anonymous

God is just a imaginary psychological support required for a moral living

Nologik has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Nologik

Con

God is psychological support required for the people who fall. Its a psychological control over person, Before committing sins. Its a final support for those who lost all hopes. A person who is dying with illness and confirmed no cure by doctor has to potentially live on belief that god might extend his days. If we inhibit or create a society without knowledge of SOMETHING called God, It might face a lot psychological barriers in their growth. The ultimate internal psychological support derived from imaginary God is important to overcome bad days before committing suicide or extreme decisions. Most of the people who can't find a solution for their problem, Will reside on god, Some miracle to happen. Which may or may not. There will be lot of suicides, If there is no existence of psychological support as god, As the quick end solution would be suicide. So whether god does really exist or not, Its a must to believe to live better. I am a deist thou.

Pro

People tell me that God is a fantasy. That it is completely stupid to believe that there is an all-powerful being that exists somewhere. They say he is no more than a fairy tale. But here is the thing. If God does not exist, Then you have to give me a rational explanation for how this universe exists. You start with nothing, Then go to this incredible universe we see today. You go from nothing too complicated life forms that contain DNA which contains more information than all the encyclopedias combined. That to me is the real fantasy.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Madvic
"There are billions of answered questions regarding the big bang which is why I lack belief that it is true. There is evidence for God. " And even more black and white thinking.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Madvic
"People tell me that God is a fantasy. That it is completely stupid to believe that there is an all-powerful being that exists somewhere. They say he is no more than a fairy tale. But here is the thing. If God does not exist, Then you have to give me a rational explanation for how this universe exists. You start with nothing, "

The Burden of proof is on the one who makes an assertion. You also seem to think that the once existed a state of nothingness, Which you have not demonstrated to be true and have just asserted.

"Then go to this incredible universe we see today. You go from nothing too complicated life forms that contain DNA which contains more information than all the encyclopedias combined. That to me is the real fantasy. "

And the rest of your starting argument seems to be a blatant argument from ignorance.

Yeah I just got annoyed when reading your reply.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Yes, There are billions of answered questions regarding the big bang which is why I lack belief that it is true. There is evidence for God. You either accept it and accept Jesus as your Lord and savior or you remain self deceived.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Just keep telling yourself that.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
backwardseden
What Jack Gilbert's teeny bopper mind doesn't get is that there are billions if not trillions of questions to be asked that have no answers - yet. So for now the answers to those questions are "I don't know". Its not what Jack Gilbert thinks "Ah ha, I'm an absolute moron. I have unlocked the keys of the imagination and my next stop is The Twilight Gnome and therefore POOF the answer MUST be god without a single shred of proof. " He also doesn't get that extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence. And he has no evidence for anything to prove his god even by the slightest hint even exists among his superior ego god complex bible because that's all his bible is about and nothing more. His god is extraordinary because there's not been any ounce of puddled dried dog food of his existence ever proved. So his god would require extraordinary evidence in turn.