Doglover.com
Roi

God is real

Roi

Doglover.com

Pro

I think that god is defiantly a real person. I am a person who believes in him. If you don't believe me, Ask yourself the question. . . How did I get here on earth(other than coming out of a mothers stomach) who created the earth. Who gave you a choice to come here? What happens when we die? (we go to heaven w/god. . . Or Hell W/ Satan) Come on people, The answer Is god. GOD is the answer to all of our question. LOOK it up!
Roi

Con

In your argument you pose various questions which we currently have no answer to and you say "I don't know the answer, Therefore I'm going to assume it's God". This is obviously flawed. The fact that we currently don't know something doesn't mean you can just come up with an answer without anything to support it. The correct course of action in that situation would be to say 'I don't know' and investigate the matter to find the true answer.
So if you want this debate to go somewhere, Post actuall evidence for the existence of god.
Doglover.com

Pro

Doglover.com forfeited this round.
Roi

Con

Waiting for Pro
Doglover.com

Pro

Doglover.com forfeited this round.
Posted by Roi 3 years ago
Roi
beachbabe - it is clear that you don't have the slightest clue to what believing in God means - "Not saying that you have to believe in god but just know that he is the reason that we are here on this planet". If I "know that he is the reason that we are here on this planet" then I necessarily believe in him. And you have provided no reason for me to think that God is real, So why should I accept this belief?
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Gods, As perfect beings, Need nothing. They have no deficits. Praying is pointless because God knows everything and if God is perfectly good and just, Then our prayers asking it to help others are pointless: God will help those that deserve it without or without our persuasive attempts. Praying is for ourselves and is essentially a self-help psychology disguised as religious behaviour. Also as God is everywhere it doesn't need us to go to specific places to do specific things: religious buildings are also purely a facet of human relations, Not divine requirement. Intelligent humans realized this long ago - Aristodemus and Socrates in 4 BCE discuss that the idea of the divine is "too exalted to need worship". The reason we do so are social. God can tell us anything we need to know, And if there are things we need to know, A perfectly good-god would tell us directly. Therefore evangelism is pointless, Merely a social exercise that feeds the ego of the evangelists. God doesn't need prophets such as Jesus, Muhammad, Or magical tricks such as the Resurrection, To tell the world what it wants the world to know. If it is good for us to know something, God would tell everyone instantly and clearly, Not via 3rd-party magical tricks and public relations stunts. God, As all-powerful and the facilitator of our personalities and consciousness, Does not need the operation of "souls" in order to preserve us after death. All these things can only be believed in by those who don't understand that Gods, If they exist, Are perfect beings. If you strip away all the nonsense from god-belief, The result is called deism, Which is the belief in God but without religion. Deism is the most sensible form of god-belief. Antisthenes, The founder of the Cynic tradition of classical Greece, Taught that we should reject all worship of the gods because as perfect beings they were in need of nothing. The idea of God is pretty much incompatible with all religious dogma and practice.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@beachbabe
Argumentum Ad Populum and a claim without evidence or explanation
Posted by beachbabe 3 years ago
beachbabe
God is actually real so do not diss my friend about. Ore than half the world believes in god. Not saying that you have to believe in god but just know that he is the reason that we are here on this planet
Vote Placed by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
Doglover.comRoiTied
Reasons for voting decision: God is defiantly a real person.
Vote Placed by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Doglover.comRoiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited.