LifeMeansGodIsGood
Tapwated

God loves you.

Tapwated

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

The Con postion for this debate is "God does not love me". "God is not there", or "there is no proof that God is there" are unacceptable arguments for this debate and will be automatic forfeiture. If you cannot argue that God does not love you without saying "there is no God" or "there is no proof of God", Please do not accetpt this challenge. If Con, in the debate or in the comments, says "you can't know God is there" or "God is not there" or "there is no proof of God" or any such denial or negative statement about the existence of God, Con agrees to forfeit the debate and Pro will not be required to supply any further arguments. Con may ask questions, but a rhetorical question that allows only for denial of God's existence is disqualiying and forfeits the debate. Con must argue how he knows God does not love him or her, and not argue that God is not there.

If these guidelines are not clear, please say so in the comments, not after you accept the debate challenge.
Tapwated

Con

I've read your guidelines carefully and will either respect them or forfeit by the rules.

I have to begin by saying that I find the concept of "love" to be quite differently interpreted between different cultures, therefore I'd like you to define what your definition of "love" in theological terms is.

My argument is that God doesn't love me as a human being in particular, because if he did he would have surely helped me more into fulfilling some of my wishes. I'm also sure there's plenty of other human beings that God doesn't love, just think of everyone who is born in miserable conditions and was never given a chance to improve his/her life, or those who have died even before getting to know about any form of religion.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

First, I want to thank you for respecfully arguing within the guidlines so I can enjoy a debate with you. Two other people accepted this debate and forfeited by agreed to rule violation, yet the voters award them a victory. It's a sad victory when you are proving that God does not love you.
I think the definition of love is understood by us both for this debate. A father loves his children, A man loves his wife, a mother loves her children, God loves you. I think the meaning of "love" is clear enough. I'm sorry you feel unloved because you didn't get more help in fullfilling some of your wishes. It could be that God saw the troubles that would come along with the fulfillment of your wishes, and for your best interest He withheld them from you. It could be He has better plans for you. God loves you and knows what is best for you. The question here is not about other people, the question is about you. God loves you, He wants you to know that He loves you.
Tapwated

Con

I understand your point, but I think you're using an argument that can't be considered valid since we can't foresee what my future will be like. I simply pointed out that until now I've never had much proof of being particularly loved by God
Of course I can't debate that any disappointment I've encountered in my life could somehow turn out to be part of a better plan for me, but that kind of reasoning shouldn't be considered in our debate since it's not provable in any way yet.

If I may, I'd like to ask you a question not to divert the conversation, rather to understand better your position. Would you say that God loves any human being? If so does he love everyone the same way?
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Con's arguments and manners are honest, logical, and gentlemanly here unliike the two kids who took this debate in total disregard of the guidlines and put up all kinds of bizzare arguments and denials of their rule violations before the voted for each other. Ajah or whatever that Muslim kids name is another peanut gallery hater who will vote against me.......I told him Muhammed was a liar, not a prophet. Muslims don't appreciate the truth.
Tapwated

Con

I've read your reply in the comments section, would gladly paste it here but then I'd run out of characters and I feel like making a last statement as well. I'm glad you enjoyed discussing with me, I've recently joined this site with the sole purpose of improving my ability to debate and I have no will to get into useless fights, I'm glad we managed to discuss in a civil manner.

I don't consider myself a believer but regardless of this I don't feel God's love is something that can be proven. I'll be glad to discuss this again in the future though.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 7 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Finalfan.........your phrase "if God was all that had existed " would be disqualifying for this debate. Atheistci or agnostic arguments are not permitted for this debate. The voters may ignore the rules which the challenger was supposed to agree to before accetping, but if I know an opponent will use an agnostic or atheistc arguement, I will block him from accepting my challenge for this debate. Because you clearly state that your argument will be laced with agnostic arguments, you will not be accepted as an opponent for this debate. You can go and make the same debate and argue whatever you want to. You can take the Pro posiiotn saying "God does not love me" and use your pantheistic agnostic arguemment. It is agaisnt the rules in my debate. This debate is limited to discussing if you are loved by God or not loved by God, my guidlines exclude atheistic or agnostic arguements. The only arguement acceptable is God does not love me because He did this or He did that or He did not do that. I did not exclude "He did not prove Himself to me" but I did exclude "there is no proof of God". If you can't call God by His name, God, and referr to Him as He, then this debate is not for you. Do you understand? probably not. But do you understand?
Posted by Raymond_Reddington 7 years ago
Raymond_Reddington
Why is this guy still talking?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
I would face any one of you and tell you the same as I am telling you here. I face people like you everywhere I go and I tell them the same as I'm telling you. And bullies never have and never will scare me. God puts war in my bones if He wants me to stand, and I'm still standing and seen many bullies fall. They will all fall eventually.......they will fall at the feet of Jesus and get saved or they will fall away as they are cast into the fire of hell, but they will fall. I hope they get saved. God wants them to get saved. God does not want anybody to be lost in the fire of hell. God will not be patient forever trying to get you to listen to Him. Fear God and fear no man. Do not fear God and God will have no mercy on you.......and you won't have anybody to blame but yourself. God loves you. If you feel God does not love you, it's your own fault for feeling that way. God wants you to know His mercy, will you provoke Him to show you His wrath?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
looks like I have a bunch of hate groupies........I wish some of you punks would show up at my church
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Raymond, how could you agree with me in this debate that God loves my opponent, but you took the challenge and argued that God does not love you? Did you change your mind? Do you now beleive God loves you the same as you agreed wtih me in your vote here that God loves this opponent?
Raymond_Reddington
Agreed.
Posted by Luke_Krog 7 years ago
Luke_Krog
This is definitely one of the most boring debates I have ever witnessed.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Congratulations, Finalfan, for the only honest vote here so far
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Finalfin's vote was honest here. Conduct, spelling and grammar, convincing arguments, all can well be called ties.

Compare the conduct of Con in this debate to the other two who took me up on the same challenge. Con here stood up like a man and argued within the guidelines, and it wasn't so hard to do. The guidelines are not favorable to me for a win, the quidelines simply forbid atheistic or agnostic arguments. Con in this debate understood and agreed and conducted himself with dignity and honor unlike the weasally clowns in the previous two takes of this debate. Me, I would give all of the points to pro in this debate, but I can see how my arguments may be insufficient for persuation so tie is a fair vote when Conduct, spelling, and grammar were the same for pro and con.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
I started this debate because I know most people do not realize that God loves them and I know he does.
I'll offer the debate again, I'm sorry this one ended the way it did
Vote Placed by Raymond_Reddington 7 years ago
Raymond_Reddington
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had a large burden of proof which he did not fulfill. Therefore Con yes the argument points. Pro's comments insulting those of is on the "peanut gallery" cost him conduct. Overall this was a terrible debate. Do better.
Vote Placed by Sagey 7 years ago
Sagey
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro is still trying to stack the deck so he can win, which in debating is unethical, just as that nutjob William Lane Craig keeps trying to poison the well in his debates to win. Any argument that questions the non-existent love of God as destroyed by the Bible will suffice. So Con wins the argument and gets the conduct point for Pro's stacking the deck (confining/restricting the arguments of the opposition). Pro has to definitely be the worst debater on DDO, ever. Conduct also goes against Pro for using DDO to proselytize nonsense. The Bible proves that all God loves is itself, thus the first 4 Commandments.
Vote Placed by ChosenWolff 7 years ago
ChosenWolff
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both debaters did a terrible job. Unfortunately for PRO. he had a BOP which he did not fill. It is up to him to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that god both exists, and that he loves you. He did not, which is why the argument point will go to con. He will also receive conduct for PRO's incredibly slanted guidelines.
Vote Placed by Finalfan 7 years ago
Finalfan
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not a debate... This was 2 people gushing and pandering to one another. Still not understanding the purpose of this debate!