LifeMeansGodIsGood
Tapwated

God loves you.

Tapwated

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

The Con postion for this debate is "God does not love me". "God is not there", or "there is no proof that God is there" are unacceptable arguments for this debate and will be automatic forfeiture. If you cannot argue that God does not love you without saying "there is no God" or "there is no proof of God", Please do not accetpt this challenge. If Con, in the debate or in the comments, says "you can't know God is there" or "God is not there" or "there is no proof of God" or any such denial or negative statement about the existence of God, Con agrees to forfeit the debate and Pro will not be required to supply any further arguments. Con may ask questions, but a rhetorical question that allows only for denial of God's existence is disqualiying and forfeits the debate. Con must argue how he knows God does not love him or her, and not argue that God is not there.

If these guidelines are not clear, please say so in the comments, not after you accept the debate challenge.
Tapwated

Con

I've read your guidelines carefully and will either respect them or forfeit by the rules.

I have to begin by saying that I find the concept of "love" to be quite differently interpreted between different cultures, therefore I'd like you to define what your definition of "love" in theological terms is.

My argument is that God doesn't love me as a human being in particular, because if he did he would have surely helped me more into fulfilling some of my wishes. I'm also sure there's plenty of other human beings that God doesn't love, just think of everyone who is born in miserable conditions and was never given a chance to improve his/her life, or those who have died even before getting to know about any form of religion.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

First, I want to thank you for respecfully arguing within the guidlines so I can enjoy a debate with you. Two other people accepted this debate and forfeited by agreed to rule violation, yet the voters award them a victory. It's a sad victory when you are proving that God does not love you.
I think the definition of love is understood by us both for this debate. A father loves his children, A man loves his wife, a mother loves her children, God loves you. I think the meaning of "love" is clear enough. I'm sorry you feel unloved because you didn't get more help in fullfilling some of your wishes. It could be that God saw the troubles that would come along with the fulfillment of your wishes, and for your best interest He withheld them from you. It could be He has better plans for you. God loves you and knows what is best for you. The question here is not about other people, the question is about you. God loves you, He wants you to know that He loves you.
Tapwated

Con

I understand your point, but I think you're using an argument that can't be considered valid since we can't foresee what my future will be like. I simply pointed out that until now I've never had much proof of being particularly loved by God
Of course I can't debate that any disappointment I've encountered in my life could somehow turn out to be part of a better plan for me, but that kind of reasoning shouldn't be considered in our debate since it's not provable in any way yet.

If I may, I'd like to ask you a question not to divert the conversation, rather to understand better your position. Would you say that God loves any human being? If so does he love everyone the same way?
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Con's arguments and manners are honest, logical, and gentlemanly here unliike the two kids who took this debate in total disregard of the guidlines and put up all kinds of bizzare arguments and denials of their rule violations before the voted for each other. Ajah or whatever that Muslim kids name is another peanut gallery hater who will vote against me.......I told him Muhammed was a liar, not a prophet. Muslims don't appreciate the truth.
Tapwated

Con

I've read your reply in the comments section, would gladly paste it here but then I'd run out of characters and I feel like making a last statement as well. I'm glad you enjoyed discussing with me, I've recently joined this site with the sole purpose of improving my ability to debate and I have no will to get into useless fights, I'm glad we managed to discuss in a civil manner.

I don't consider myself a believer but regardless of this I don't feel God's love is something that can be proven. I'll be glad to discuss this again in the future though.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 7 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
the debate here is Pro / :God loves you (God loves you, Con) Vs. Con / God does not love me. Con is arguing as most of the peanut gallery people are, that God does not love him. Con is asking good questions and showing excellent conduct unlike clowns in the peanut galllery. If you find the debate mind numbing, why are you watching?
Posted by Finalfan 7 years ago
Finalfan
I suppose you could have my vote removed but.. it was honest and it would be pointless to do so considering it did not impact your scores.. You could however enlighten me to the reasoning behind starting such a mind numbing debate (or non debate)
LifeMeansGodIsGood
ooooops, blew my round three.......that was supposed to go in the comment section........
have to post round three in the comments later and hope this fine opponent will take me up again.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Very good and thoughful comments and questions for round 2, thank you for being a well mannered debate opponent so unlike these clowns in the peanut gallery and the last two kids who promply viloated my requirements fot the debate. Since this is the last round, I want to give it a lot of thought and I don't have time this morning. I hope you will take me up on this same debate agains. I really appreciate your manners and questions..........and I hope you realize that God does love you. I really don't care how the vote goes, I know these peanut gallery clowns will vote against God's love because they hate God..........that's why all they can say is "God is not there, no proof of God". They hate God because they love their sin all the way to death and the fire of hell if it costs them that much.....which it will if they don't get saved from it. God loves them even though they hate God, God does not want them to go to hell, but by the way they talk, they will go on hating God.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
God loves you, I'm sorry you feel like God can't love you.
Posted by Finalfan 7 years ago
Finalfan
Wait: I thought God=Love.. "Does love love you"? I would like to make an argument for pantheism: Before existence, all that existed was "God" In the Christian belief, God "created existence" But if God was all that had existed then isn't existence "from God" not "by God"! If the Christian approach to this is that God "created existence" This is no more of an answer than saying "existence came from nothing".. So unless Existence came "from God" it does not solve the question "what did existence come from".. Although many pose the Question "where did existence come from" which does not make any sense at all!
Posted by Jjjohn 7 years ago
Jjjohn
god doesn't love me, or he woulda called after that last bender we had...
Posted by intellectuallyprimitive 7 years ago
intellectuallyprimitive
Define god, and define love.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
been fishing for souls a lot here today, going fishing for fish soon......ya'll have fun, and remember......God loves you.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
I guess that's what they teach kids on school nowadays, to deny meanings of words and to deny understanding of right and wrong. Trying to talk to these brainwashed kids who think they are smarter that God is like trying to talk to a devil full of dope.
Vote Placed by Raymond_Reddington 7 years ago
Raymond_Reddington
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had a large burden of proof which he did not fulfill. Therefore Con yes the argument points. Pro's comments insulting those of is on the "peanut gallery" cost him conduct. Overall this was a terrible debate. Do better.
Vote Placed by Sagey 7 years ago
Sagey
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro is still trying to stack the deck so he can win, which in debating is unethical, just as that nutjob William Lane Craig keeps trying to poison the well in his debates to win. Any argument that questions the non-existent love of God as destroyed by the Bible will suffice. So Con wins the argument and gets the conduct point for Pro's stacking the deck (confining/restricting the arguments of the opposition). Pro has to definitely be the worst debater on DDO, ever. Conduct also goes against Pro for using DDO to proselytize nonsense. The Bible proves that all God loves is itself, thus the first 4 Commandments.
Vote Placed by ChosenWolff 7 years ago
ChosenWolff
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both debaters did a terrible job. Unfortunately for PRO. he had a BOP which he did not fill. It is up to him to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that god both exists, and that he loves you. He did not, which is why the argument point will go to con. He will also receive conduct for PRO's incredibly slanted guidelines.
Vote Placed by Finalfan 7 years ago
Finalfan
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not a debate... This was 2 people gushing and pandering to one another. Still not understanding the purpose of this debate!