Attention: Debate.org is closing and the website will be shut down on June 5, 2022. New Topics can no longer be posted and Sign Up has been disabled. Existing Topics will still function as usual until the website is taken offline. Members can download their content by using the Download Data button in My Account.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Tapwated

God loves you.

Tapwated

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

The Con postion for this debate is "God does not love me". "God is not there", or "there is no proof that God is there" are unacceptable arguments for this debate and will be automatic forfeiture. If you cannot argue that God does not love you without saying "there is no God" or "there is no proof of God", Please do not accetpt this challenge. If Con, in the debate or in the comments, says "you can't know God is there" or "God is not there" or "there is no proof of God" or any such denial or negative statement about the existence of God, Con agrees to forfeit the debate and Pro will not be required to supply any further arguments. Con may ask questions, but a rhetorical question that allows only for denial of God's existence is disqualiying and forfeits the debate. Con must argue how he knows God does not love him or her, and not argue that God is not there.

If these guidelines are not clear, please say so in the comments, not after you accept the debate challenge.
Tapwated

Con

I've read your guidelines carefully and will either respect them or forfeit by the rules.

I have to begin by saying that I find the concept of "love" to be quite differently interpreted between different cultures, therefore I'd like you to define what your definition of "love" in theological terms is.

My argument is that God doesn't love me as a human being in particular, because if he did he would have surely helped me more into fulfilling some of my wishes. I'm also sure there's plenty of other human beings that God doesn't love, just think of everyone who is born in miserable conditions and was never given a chance to improve his/her life, or those who have died even before getting to know about any form of religion.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

First, I want to thank you for respecfully arguing within the guidlines so I can enjoy a debate with you. Two other people accepted this debate and forfeited by agreed to rule violation, yet the voters award them a victory. It's a sad victory when you are proving that God does not love you.
I think the definition of love is understood by us both for this debate. A father loves his children, A man loves his wife, a mother loves her children, God loves you. I think the meaning of "love" is clear enough. I'm sorry you feel unloved because you didn't get more help in fullfilling some of your wishes. It could be that God saw the troubles that would come along with the fulfillment of your wishes, and for your best interest He withheld them from you. It could be He has better plans for you. God loves you and knows what is best for you. The question here is not about other people, the question is about you. God loves you, He wants you to know that He loves you.
Tapwated

Con

I understand your point, but I think you're using an argument that can't be considered valid since we can't foresee what my future will be like. I simply pointed out that until now I've never had much proof of being particularly loved by God
Of course I can't debate that any disappointment I've encountered in my life could somehow turn out to be part of a better plan for me, but that kind of reasoning shouldn't be considered in our debate since it's not provable in any way yet.

If I may, I'd like to ask you a question not to divert the conversation, rather to understand better your position. Would you say that God loves any human being? If so does he love everyone the same way?
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Con's arguments and manners are honest, logical, and gentlemanly here unliike the two kids who took this debate in total disregard of the guidlines and put up all kinds of bizzare arguments and denials of their rule violations before the voted for each other. Ajah or whatever that Muslim kids name is another peanut gallery hater who will vote against me.......I told him Muhammed was a liar, not a prophet. Muslims don't appreciate the truth.
Tapwated

Con

I've read your reply in the comments section, would gladly paste it here but then I'd run out of characters and I feel like making a last statement as well. I'm glad you enjoyed discussing with me, I've recently joined this site with the sole purpose of improving my ability to debate and I have no will to get into useless fights, I'm glad we managed to discuss in a civil manner.

I don't consider myself a believer but regardless of this I don't feel God's love is something that can be proven. I'll be glad to discuss this again in the future though.
Posted by Raymond_Reddington 7 years ago
Raymond_Reddington
Of course I'm proud! I won the debate by pointing out the absurdity in your claim. If tap is smart he will look at wolf's and my argument and use that. It's your own fault for making a resolution that's so ridiculously easy to refute.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 7 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Ray, you and wolf both violated the rules that were to be agreed to for acceptance, and then you both voted for each other against me. Besides the obvious cheating, it's sad that you won the a\debate saying God does not love you and you got votes agreeing with you on that. You and the votes were wrong, God does love you. He wants you to know He loves you.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Ray, you put up an argument much more bizzare than I had expected, even from an atheist. You chose the Con positon to say God does not love you, against my posiition which is "God loves you". Are you proud of yourself for winning, and getting people to vote in agreement with you that God does not love you? God does love you, no matter what you say and no matter what the voters say. I would have liked an honest debate from you like Tap is giving. Tap is being much more pleasant and enjoyable, much better than you boys with your smart alleck bizzare scattergun arguments in violation of the rules for acceptance.........what's really sad is that you won votes agreeing with you that God does not love you.
God loves you. He wants you to know He loves you.
Raymond_Reddington
Stop accusing us of cheating... And next time you start a debate argue the resolution...
LifeMeansGodIsGood
ray and wolf, what is with you guys? You both argued that God does not love you and you both voted for each other agreeing that you had won the argument saying God does not love you. Now what do you want? do you want me to say God does not love you? I can't do that. I have to say what I said from the start, God loves you and I don't care how many voters say He does not love you........He loves you and He wants you to know it.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
this debater is respectfully following the clearly defined guidelines for this debate. This is what I was looking for, You and the wolf violated the rules and by the rules forfeited, though the voters agreed with you in your argument that God does not love you. I say you and the voters who gave you that sad victory were wrong........God loves you and He even loves those voters who agreed with you that He does not love you.
Raymond_Reddington
lol, I understand you truly believe this LMGIG but why would you start another one? Isn't 2 enough? And also I don't remember forfeiting... if you could quote me where I broke the rules I would appreciate it...
Posted by ChosenWolff 7 years ago
ChosenWolff
Seriously? Take it up with the mods. I did no such thing.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
wolf, you are spamming and harassing, please stop
LifeMeansGodIsGood
leave me alone please, wolf.
Vote Placed by Raymond_Reddington 7 years ago
Raymond_Reddington
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had a large burden of proof which he did not fulfill. Therefore Con yes the argument points. Pro's comments insulting those of is on the "peanut gallery" cost him conduct. Overall this was a terrible debate. Do better.
Vote Placed by Sagey 7 years ago
Sagey
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro is still trying to stack the deck so he can win, which in debating is unethical, just as that nutjob William Lane Craig keeps trying to poison the well in his debates to win. Any argument that questions the non-existent love of God as destroyed by the Bible will suffice. So Con wins the argument and gets the conduct point for Pro's stacking the deck (confining/restricting the arguments of the opposition). Pro has to definitely be the worst debater on DDO, ever. Conduct also goes against Pro for using DDO to proselytize nonsense. The Bible proves that all God loves is itself, thus the first 4 Commandments.
Vote Placed by ChosenWolff 7 years ago
ChosenWolff
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both debaters did a terrible job. Unfortunately for PRO. he had a BOP which he did not fill. It is up to him to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that god both exists, and that he loves you. He did not, which is why the argument point will go to con. He will also receive conduct for PRO's incredibly slanted guidelines.
Vote Placed by Finalfan 7 years ago
Finalfan
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not a debate... This was 2 people gushing and pandering to one another. Still not understanding the purpose of this debate!