Ryi-guy
Overhead

God vs no god, do both beliefs fall back on circular logic?

Ryi-guy has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Ryi-guy

Pro

So the claim I will use to begin a more proper debate is:

Claim: Both the belief in a non-personal god and the beleif of no god existing both fall back on circular logic.

non-personal god circular logic = (I.E how the universe is created--> god created --> justified because something had to create the universee)

Atheist circular logic = (I.E how the universe is created --> unknown scientific structure whether mathematical or not...just not a god --> justified because something not god had to create the universee)

Again the determining factor of whether I believe in no god or a non-personal god is resolving this circular logic claim. if it's true than I am pretty much stuck. Right now I am pro abou the claim that I believe both believes unavoidable runs into the circular logic problem.
Overhead

Con

I accept and to be on the safe side will assume R1 is for acceptance only.

Good luck to Pro.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
I have never seen evidence for a supernatural being of any kind, let alone an invisible one.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
God is a dream and nothing but a dream. Take away the dream and you got nothing = atheism. Only from that starting point you can look for any truth.
Posted by Ryi-guy 3 years ago
Ryi-guy
Well I think I'm stuck on this problem because there are not many problems that utterly stump me like this problem and also I think in general people's understanding of the universe changes how we think about the reality we are in and how we feel about the nature of the universe. I always prefer to think and have my feelings based in a accurate description of the universe and events around me no matter the immediate emotional effect on me.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
A reasonable assumption that I adopt for purely pragmatic reasons does not a circular argument make. One need not own beliefs of any kind to establish scientific facts, observe and enjoy nature, or live a productive, moral, and useful life.
Posted by Ryi-guy 3 years ago
Ryi-guy
sorry about grammar and spelling errors. I'm posting this right before class because currently I am pretty much always busy.