nongambler48
Shadowstalker55

Government in the hands of God rather than humans

nongambler48 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

nongambler48

Con

According to the Bible,
humans were never supposed to rule themselves
but after the rebellion which was instigated by the angel known as 'Satan'
humans are now lumbered with the responsiblity of basically 'playing the role of God'.
Many people would argue that self rule is a disaster and that human society would be better if God took over as ruler.
What would be the benefits?
Well, health wouldn't be an issue anymore because God's son, Jesus proved that he has power to health the sick and even raise the dead
so that would be one good reason to want God as our new ruler.
The current environmental problems would be solved because again Jesus showed that he has power to calm the weather
so that is another reason to put our faith in him.
He also fed thousands of people and so hunger would no longer be an issue anymore.
The negatives are if Government is left in the hands of humans
the above stated issues and more will grow worse.
But what do you think?
Please share your thoughts.
Thanks.
Shadowstalker55

Pro

First off, your position is confusing. Are you Pro for God ruled Government or Con Human Government? I guess I'll digress from the Pro and Con claiming thing. Anyway, we have what we have. It's wishful thinking right now for God to be encharge of the Government and stuff, but that won't come until Revelation times, which may take hundreds of years more for it to happen for all we know. People were certainly waiting for it during the Dark Ages that's for sure, but it came and went, and centuries latter we made progress and here we are now. The American Government is not perfect that's fore sure but right now it's the only beacon of hope for the World. We can't be lethargic and wait for God to do all the work, we have to do what we can with what Government we have, it's certainly better than a Dictator ruled foreign governments out in the world. But we also can't have religion running the Government as well. That kind of religion ruled Government lead to the Spanish Inquisition, the Salem Witch trials, and the Crusades at least to the worst aspects of it. Men can't really rule on behalf of God anyway.
nongambler48

Con

You made some fair points
but I am inclined to believe that we are supposed to be looking to God for leadership
not to politicians like Trump or Theresa May.
Shadowstalker55

Pro

Oh yeah. Trump is no man of God that's for sure.
Posted by Shadowstalker55 3 years ago
Shadowstalker55
"People were certainly waiting for it during the Dark Ages that's for sure, but (it) came and went"

The it I was referring to was the Dark Ages, not the God being encharge ideal. I hope it clears up any potential confusion to that sentence. I wish there was editing so I can articulate my points better after I post them.