MacWorth
Michellangelo

Gun Control In America Could NEVER Work

MacWorth

Pro

Gun Control is an issue I can understand. Don't just give any weapon of mass destruction away to the public. I understand that. I'm not for Gun Control or Against it. This is not the point. The point is that with the scale of the amount of guns we have in America, The amount of people who own them, And the type of Guns they are wanting to ban, Gun Control in America, In my opinion, Could never work. Let me remind you, THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRAT VS. REPUBLICAN DEBATE! I'm not saying Gun Control is terrible, I'm just saying It could never work in America. Plus, I'm Independent. I think Gun Control might have some of effect on Gun Violence if the situation in America was different but it's not.
Michellangelo

Con

Hello, And thank you for repeatedly stating that you are not partisan. I appreciate that and thank you for your sentiment.

Okay. Gun control in the US will work to an extent. The weighing mech that you have proposed is that "if gun control will never work, You will have won this debate". Therefore, I will have won if I can prove that gun control will work to any extent.

Clearly, Better and more thorough background checks, As well as improved security, Will decrease the number of dangerous people with guns.

this is obvious, And I do not see the point of you arguing after this. Therefore, I have won this debate.
MacWorth

Pro

I'm not talking about background checks. I'm talking about taking away AR-15's from the public and such. Background checks don't work 100% either, In the case of stopping Gun Violence. People with poor mental health and with NO criminal record can buy guns and do terrible things with them. Background checks work to a very little extent.
Michellangelo

Con

Michellangelo forfeited this round.
MacWorth

Pro

MacWorth forfeited this round.
Michellangelo

Con

Michellangelo forfeited this round.