broncosrule1999
LDBen

Gun Control

LDBen has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

broncosrule1999

Con

This debate will on the topic Gun Control recently in the United States there was a mass shooting in Las Vegas and lawmakers are debating the issue this round is for acceptance.

Round 2- Arguments

Round 3- Rebuttals

Round 4- Rebuttals and conclusion
LDBen

Pro

I will gladly accept. However, I will specify certain things.

Resolved: Gun Control should be a law in the United States

I will be affirming/upholding this resolution (Pro). You will be negating this resolution (Con)

I hope we can be civil and I wish you best of luck!

-LDBen
broncosrule1999

Con

Thank you Pro for accepting this debate. I want to start off by saying that all these shootings are a tragedy for those losing loved ones,friends, co workers, and neighbors. My argument against Gun Control will give you an understanding why we can't have it.

I. The second Amendment gives citizens the right to own a firearm

The constitution reads "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." More laws will infringe that right.

II. Gun control causes more Gun deaths

In the last 30 years the Assault weapons ban has not effect much in towards of gun deaths. States and cities with strict gun control had more deaths let me get an example Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country and in the past 22 months there have been 1,310 people killed by gun violence.
Posted by LDBen 1 year ago
LDBen
Oh crap. Sorry I was caught up with school work.