zhaod1
JHermann75

Gun Control

zhaod1

Pro

When I mean by gun control, I do not mean by the government banning and confiscating all guns, Like some liberal extremists do. I just mean to make gun laws stricter, Especially in states that lack enough gun control laws.

I am taking the pro side and arguing for stricter gun laws, Especially in states that need more gun laws, And con will be arguing for against stricter gun laws.

Con will start the next round.
JHermann75

Con

Before I begin my opening statement, We should both agree that we care about those who have fell victim to gun violence. Too often I see debates spiral out of control because of accusations of not caring about those who died. I believe that we all care about this issue and want to solve it and we just have different ways of achieving that goal.

Regarding your first question, What states specifically need stricter gun laws? With each state or states, What gun laws need to be imposed and why?
zhaod1

Pro

Sorry for not posting my argument earlier, But I am very busy this week (Such bad timing to start a debate when I have an APUSH quiz this Friday, A Spanish quiz this Friday, And a pre-calculus quiz this Friday, Lol).
So anyway, Here are my points:
I am thinking of some universal gun control laws, Which are laws that should be implemented in every single state, If not implemented already.

1. All states must have a background check on all gun transactions.
Why: Because this is highly useful for sorting out the good guys from the bad guys.

2 Any person that has already committed a serious misdemeanor or crime, Violent or property, Should be barred from owning a gun. However, There should be a time limit so that after a set amount of years, Criminals will attain a second chance to own a gun.
Why: Because criminals overall have a higher chance of a committing a crime again, So barring them for a certain amount of time would allow them to think for what they did wrong, And then maybe be given a second chance to prove themselves they can be responsible gun owners.

3. All gun sellers must have a permit with them, Including private sellers or sellers that don't mainly rely on gun transactions for a living.
Why: Informal and improper transactions increase the chances of a criminal obtaining a gun. A random person shouldn't be able to sell guns to anyone; only licensed individuals should be able.

4. Implement a law that measures the degree of self-control in an individual.
Why: Because self-control is a key characteristic for being a responsible and sensible gun owner. Gun laws are very strict regarding obtaining a permit for concealed carry, And as a result, People that have a permit to conceal carry guns are very law abiding.

5. Require medical checks for medical disorders/conditions, Such as depression.
Why: Because this would greatly help reduce suicides as well as murders.
I also want to remove these laws:
1. School weapons ban.
2. Out of state honoring licenses.
JHermann75

Con

JHermann75 forfeited this round.
zhaod1

Pro

All of my points and proposals stand, Since the contender forfeited the round.
JHermann75

Con

JHermann75 forfeited this round.
zhaod1

Pro

Still, My arguments stand, Since the contender forfeited the round again.
JHermann75

Con

JHermann75 forfeited this round.
Posted by zhaod1 3 years ago
zhaod1
JHermann75
Please give me some time to think this through, I'm going to be very busy this week, So I won't be able to post my argument until 2 days later or so.
Posted by zhaod1 3 years ago
zhaod1
Thank you Block19!
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
This seems like a more reasonable discussion since it is not arguing against the ownership of guns, I hope this one is more constructive than the ones that have come before.