Catalyst03
omar2345

Gun Control

Updated: 1 week ago Status: Post Voting Period

Catalyst03

Pro

Semi-Automatic and Automatic Weapons are banned
Bump stocks banned
Pistols and revolvers are allowed, But only after thorough background checks, Psychological examination, Proper training, And child safety installed.
7 Day waiting period to ensure background check has been completed
Charleston Loophole will be closed
Only the military will be able to have auto/semi auto weapons
Investigate domestic abuse
Criminals will not be able to buy guns
Shotguns are allowed to be kept except slug rounds are completely banned.
omar2345

Con

This does include pistols. A semi-automatic weapon is when the user pulls the trigger once one bullet is fired from the gun. What fits into this category: Bolt-action snipers, Hunting rifles and semi-automatic pistols. Pistols can also be automatic. An automatic is a weapon that if you hold the trigger down is capable of firing continuosly. One example of an automatic pistol is the Glock 18.

My first argument is that mass shootings happen 98. 4 percent in gun free zones. Meaning the title is misleading. Gun free zones means zone without guns. How could a mass shooting happen without guns? Therefore gun control does not work in gun free zones.

If we cannot agree on definitions then we would be talking past each other. I have given my argument and hopefully we agree on what I said about weapons then I can make more arguments in Round 2.

May we learn something new

Source:
Do 98 percent of mass public shootings happen in gun-free zones? (The Washington Post)

Catalyst03

Pro

I understand where you're coming from. But where did these guns come from? The people that shot in the places used semi and automatic weapons. (most of the time). I am going to assume that those guns should be banned as well. I may not be a gun expert, But I do know that something needs to be done about these murderous weapons.
omar2345

Con

I understand where you're coming from. But where did these guns come from?
People made them.

The people that shot in the places used semi and automatic weapons. (most of the time).
There are only two types of weapons. Semi automatic and automatic. There is no third.

I am going to assume that those guns should be banned as well.
So all guns then because most pistols are semi automatic and some are automatic. No third type of gun.

I may not be a gun expert, But I do know that something needs to be done about these murderous weapons

We should do something about Putin but do we? Reality is the ends do not justify the means. Yes you can say if we took all weapons off of people there would be less gun deaths but think about how many people who have guns do not murder. By your logic we should take peoples knives because something needs to be done about these murderous weapons. You might in reality think that won't happen but I beg to differ. United Kingdom took away guns (not all most) and now they are trying to take away sharp objects. This can be reasonable (as reasonable as this is) knifes and unreasonable as potato peelers. Source below.

Source:

BRITISH MAN ARRESTED FOR WIELDING POTATO PEELER IN PUBLIC (Daily Caller)
Catalyst03

Pro

Thank you for that information
great job
very cool
omar2345

Con

Wait what?
Posted by omar2345 1 week ago
omar2345
@Catalyst03

Did you accept defeat?
Posted by omar2345 1 week ago
omar2345
@Catalyst03

I will accept the debate.
Posted by Catalyst03 1 week ago
Catalyst03
Not all guns, Just semi and automatic weapons.
Posted by omar2345 1 week ago
omar2345
@Catalyst03

You are Pro Gun Control?