TwiggyStone
simplychickens

Gun Rights

TwiggyStone has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

TwiggyStone

Pro

I believe in the 2nd amendment and everything it protects (self defense, Tyrannical government, Protection of others etc. ) First round is acceptance.
simplychickens

Con

I firmly believe in the 2nd Amendment, And all that it entails. I understand the want for more gun control, And perhaps banning certain weapons. This simply wouldn't solve any of the issues though. Making any object or product illegal creates a black market for the illegal product. As seen with most drugs, They are illegal and will land some in jail for a period of time. If someone wanted to kill someone, It would create a market large enough to buy a gun like how it easy to buy weed from the local weed dealer.

The subject of gun control isn't shown to work in the United States. California has high murder rates, And very strict gun control, Chicago being the hardest city to obtain a firearm, Has one of the highest murder rates in the country.

I simply don't believe that gun control/ban would have any affect on Americas gun problems.
Posted by TwiggyStone 3 years ago
TwiggyStone
I don't mean to sound rude, But do you have the right debate? We're arguing the same thing. Just read the first round.