Dafries
tumeric

Gun control

Dafries

Dafries

Con

I am against any form of gun control that prevents me from obtaining any type of firearm I want. The only thing I want is a basic background check and required a certain number of hours of gun classes every year. Please debate I want to see other opinions and learn what people think.
tumeric

Pro

I totally agree with that. I also want whatever firearm I want.
I'm an angry man. I hate my wife. My kid is into drugs and steals from me. I blow off steam by shooting at airplanes taking off over my house.
Do you have a problem with that?
Dafries

Con

That kid situation can be easily solved if parented your brat. Second, Off that is what you want to do with your firearm that is not on me. Here I can also sling some hypothetical questions at you. I am a law-abiding citizen who needs a gun to protect my family, What guns are illegal what do I do now. Hi, I am a law-abiding citizen who wants to protect their property with a shotgun, What they made shotguns illegal, Well then why do the criminals still have them, This is unfair. Hi, I am also a law-abiding citizen I live in a rough part of town and I am in fear for my safety can I apply for a conceal carry license, I can't well can I at least open carry I can't well looks like I am screwed. Do you have a problem with these?
tumeric

Pro

Do you have a license or permit as required? Is you're gun registered? Was it transferred to you in a way that's on record somewhere? Is there a process for dealing with violations and infractions in your state? Then no, I don't have a problem with any of your hypotheticals.

What I have a problem with is people who talk about "law-abiding citizens" while advocating against measures that ensure a person is law-abiding or a citizen. Or anyone who's firearm needs require that their gun be unregistered or untraceable.
Dafries

Con

First, Off I am not advocating that a random person being able to buy a weapon legally, I do not want people that have violent felonies to have firearms legally or illegally. I want people that are law-abiding to have firearms that want to express and enjoy their second amendment right. I want the government to be able to track firearms that were purchased in a public store, But a private sale of a firearm should not be tracked because of the fact that the government would have to much power at that point and it would just lead towards the explosion of the black market of guns. Can you actually give me some statistical evidence that we should have stricter gun control or are you just going to spit out hypotheticals and twist my words around. I thought this was going to be a good debate but apparently, I thought wrong
tumeric

Pro

You are advocating precisely for random people getting guns by providing the way to do so -- through unchecked private gun sales. Meanwhile "law-abiding citizens" (an undefined term) get their guns through retail. You want to lock the front door but leave the back door open. Don't pretend about gun responsibility when you don't believe in it.
Posted by Dafries 3 years ago
Dafries
kwbc thank you for your comment because you have a better argument then PRO. I think you are mistaken about what I meant. First off gun education is not gun control, What it is literally in the name, It is education about firearms, Teaching them that a firearm is a tool and is only as helpful or dangerous as the person behind it. Now onto the background check. I was referring it to be used to check for violent offenders, Those you have given up their right to bear arms. This wouldn't affect law-abiding citizens or those have not committed a violent offense.
Posted by kwbc 3 years ago
kwbc
Con contradicts himself twice in a single paragraph. You can't be against all forms of gun control and want background checks and want educational requirements.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Seems like pro is just trolling. Sucks that you lost the chance at a good debate.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
DafriestumericTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded the Con position in round one.