backwardseden
tyt505

Gun violence is NOT mainly a mentally ill issue

Updated: 1 week ago Status: Post Voting Period

backwardseden

Pro

Gun violence is NOT mainly, Or even close to a mentally ill issue in spite of what the worst president of all time, Namely Donald Trump, Thinks and or states.
If you are going to be accepting this debate, State why you believe that gun violence IS A mentally ill issue and back up what you say with why you believe this is true and with resources and evidence.

dsjpk5 is disqualified from the voting procedures as he tries to pretend he's god and thus change the voting structure of who wins and loses here on DDO.
tyt505

Con

In my judgement, Mental health has somewhat had to do with gun violence if we are speaking about shooting massacre or every day general gun violence than that's different then everyday gun accidents are prevented accidents. Mental illness is a big piece of it because no one who is clearly stable to wake up in the dawn and decided to start "hunting ". Now, If you are talking about the general gun violence every day, Then you have a valuable point.
backwardseden

Pro

Was it so hard to follow simple instructions? "If you are going to be accepting this debate, State why you believe that gun violence IS A mentally ill issue and back up what you say with why you believe this is true and with resources and evidence. " This you did not do. Where are your sources and evidence to support your claims in spite of how nearly 100% wrong you are? Call me harsh or whatever. But it really p**ses me off when people simply cannot READ. So it is my right to terminate this debate in which case I will not do - yet.

I'm assuming you are familiar with CBS's longrunning TV show 60 minutes - correct? About 2, Possibly 3 years ago they did an article on gun violence and mental illness. Here's a very simple question that was asked in the article. . . "How can anyone determine if someone is mentally ill if that specific person does not know that they are mentally ill? " BANG! Oh how true that is! Thus gun violence is NOT a mentally ill problem. What gun violence is, Is a public health crisis. You can certainly google it if you wish with about thirty four million one hundred thousand results.
Now sure AFTER the gunman commits his atrocities, THEN he or she is declared as being "mentally ill. " Well what about ---before--- they committed their atrocities? Most would consider them perfectly normal. But sure after their atrocities when the gunman gets to turn the gun on himself? Really? The gunman knows EXACTLY to---the---letter--- what he's doing. He's NOT mentally ill.
You're talking about mental illness is a "big piece" but once again how can it be if that specific person does not know if they are mentally ill? To them they are perfectly fine. Then BAM! They commit their horrific crimes. People wonder where they get their LEGAL guns from as most gun crimes are committed with legal guns. And of course along with it comes the labeling of mental illness. And the idiot that sits at the big white barn, Donald Toilet Dust Trump, Easily the worst president of all time, He will do nothing and he doesn't get ot regardless, So the death toll will continue to rise and rise and rise. He's such a f--king liar "We're working on something. " Its all B. S.
tyt505

Con

Once again you are calling my bluff and you are right and wrong. Gun violence has multiple ways that we"re not interested to look into. Gun violence is horrible and, Awful. This is where we"re going to touch gun control that supposed to stop the act of violence. This will never happens because the lobbyists are behind the scenes. Take a look at Chicago, This city is more violently than any other city in America. Now, We all know that Chicago is out of control, !
backwardseden

Pro

"Once again you are calling my bluff" So this means you have no idea, None as to what you are talking about. Wow does it show. And naturally you linked nothing of what you stated in your previous RD to mental illness. But who really cares what you have to say anyway? None of it matters if you cannot make a response, And you can't to the very accurate 60 minute article in which was stated and or asked: "How can anyone determine if someone is mentally ill if that specific person does not know that they are mentally ill? "
tyt505

Con

No one can actually spot someone who is mentally ill. The question is why would we not also address the problem with the big picture of the issue? Gun violence is a problem in the united states obviously, But, No one who is pro guns are not going to suggest anything because people won"t even give a rat meat about the suggestions what they say. While we have the longest argument about guns since the days when the founders were writing the important documents! In my opinion, I believe that the Brady bill should be reintroduced and, Be enforced whatever was not included in the bill before should be! Here"s a another question that we would watch movies that has violence or games like "God of war" are a factor? Of course not but it's kind of the problem.
backwardseden

Pro

"No one can actually spot someone who is mentally ill. " Then "Gun violence is NOT mainly a mentally ill issue" as the headliner post CLEARLY states. There are no questions beyond that for this debate. And you constantly state "in my opinion". Tell me, Do you deliberately like to go out of your way to infuriate others? Or is it simply because you CAN'T READ? This is the THIRD time that this is going to be stated, And the last. . .
"If you are going to be accepting this debate, State why you believe that gun violence IS A mentally ill issue and back up what you say with why you believe this is true and with resources and evidence. " Now what is so hard to understand about that? "and back up what you say with why you believe this is true and with resources and evidence. " Since you have not done this, It is once again my right to terminate this debate in which case I am now doing and you've thus lost this debate since this is the final RD.
tyt505

Con

The reason why I think that mental health has a trivial part in this because you are basically stating that people just wake-up and, Go shooting at people every which way which doesn"t produce any significant sense to me. A article that time published last month it stated that "A 2016 study published in the peer-reviewed journal Health Affairs found that, In a random sample of 400 news stories about mental illness published from 1995 to 2014"which included sources ranging from the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal to CNN and NBC"38% linked mental illness to interpersonal violence. "-Time
However, In my opinion, The article points out there no factual link between mental health and, Violence against others. Which is true. We have a problem in both but, I don"t think mental health is the one priority reason in several cases. But, This is another interesting article that people are not giving any light on ms. Long which was Adam Lanza"s mother says in. The Lacet article states that "she basically struggle with the mental health system and to become active in efforts to pass legislation to address its problems. Liza Long, Whose viral blog post "I am Adam Lanza"s mother" described her efforts to get help for her young son"eventually diagnosed with bipolar disorder"supports the proposed measures, Noting that the shortage of care for people with serious mental illness and the very high bar for involuntary admission to a psychiatric facility leaves a parent with few options, With juvenile detention or prison, Often substituting for medical care. Long is frustrated that the mental health system only garners widespread attention after a violent incident. "If we attacked [mental illness] as a medical problem instead of continuing to focus on it as a behavioral problem or as a societal safety problem, Naturally safety would improve, " she said from the article Gun violence and mental illness by Jamie Kass, Published on octber 2014.
Posted by anc2006 1 week ago
anc2006
finally the nebula guy stopped the religion thread temporarily.