AumOne
AndrejG

Guns legal or illegal

AumOne

Con

You can defend yourself in a robbery, But it's nothing personal to you since what they want is material value, A victim having a gun on their own makes the situation a lot more dangerous. Now most people would not risk their life for an iPhone and some change, But there is a bigger factor for why someone would at that moment, Pride being in that situation you may and will feel weak, Useless, Frustrated, Disrespected Because you can't change the situation but if the victim has a gun you now can change it.
At that moment you may make a fast decision one that you probably wouldn't even consider with some rational thinking and a normal situation.

From a criminal standpoint, You are unlikely to die since the intention is to make money not killing you, Criminals kill other criminals most of the time and random people die when something goes wrong like having a gun.

Then we have the other side when someone has the intention to kill and if you end up making that decision on whatever reasons then I can promise it being illegal doesn't matter at all.

I would almost say having it illegal is worse, If you know the right people or wrong you can get a gun the same day without any requirements but if you have it legal the process is longer giving more time to rethink what you are gonna do. Making guns illegal does not kill the demand since the demand comes from people who don't care about the law and where there is a demand there is a supply.

Then we have the other problem shootings, Most shootings are at a school it is often someone who is bullied lonely etc for you and me that probably seem completely un-rational school shootings is a very modern problem because more people are depressed especially teenagers thanks to media & social media controlling our expectations, Dreams, Opinions, Beauty ideal etc not being apart of that you can either get bullied or treated like air or if you don't even understand why what you are doing wrong, So many things can go wrong and for long enough it probably will they have nothing to lose at that state of mind suicide becomes pretty much the only natural thing and some will also be angry knowing it's not their fault so it must be the schools fault and everyone in it and you decide to get a gun and kill everyone getting some kind of justification and then you kill yourself.

We need to focus on the cause of things not the tools used the status of it being illegal or legal does not have a big difference for the main problems

As an opportunist id probably have it illegal for now, Why? Well because I feel like you either get it for a security reason or as a hobby and a hobby is nothing wrong with but I feel like most people where it is legal like texas that it's option 1 and I believe that is bad for all of us, In the long run, We would get more distant from each other we see people around as more like potential threats you wouldn't want to be relying on a gun or have something go really wrong really no one is gonna care about the once that have it as a hobby shooting in their backyard in the middle of nowhere. Disagreeing? Change my mind then aye
AndrejG

Pro

Tell me how you will get 393 million firearms owned by Americans into the government and not make it a logistical, Constitutional, And national crisis, And then we'll talk. If each American were given a firearm, We would have a 67 million firearm surplus, To put things into perspective.

I rest my case unless otherwise.
AumOne

Con

AumOne forfeited this round.
AndrejG

Pro

I'm actually rather overjoyed that I've received a somewhat fair debate response, Even if it be a forfeit for the round. I had a much larger debate that I had intended to lay out, But alas I find it not necessary.

Having done some additional research on these millions upon millions of guns, A case for legality is stronger than ever really. Of the 393 million firearms owned by Americans, 50% of these firearms are owned by 3% of Americans. Firearm usage has actually dropped over the years, And we're seeing less and less firearms for each American household. Interestingly, There has been a steady decrease in the amount of households owning a single firearm since 1960 and even earlier. Being a Canadian, It was quite the surprise to have come across this. American gun usage has steadily decreased, And the 3% possessing half of the 393 million firearms are fairly serious and responsible about their weaponry transport, Usage, And security. This brings me to my point on the case of legality.

While I support proper and reasonable restrictions and regulations towards specific firearms and persons on varying levels (I could go into such if Con or the viewers of the debate would like), Infringing on the possession of these guns is absolutely unnecessary. 78% of Americans do not own firearms, And the 19% and 3% owning the rest are fairly responsible with their legally owned firearms. Crime rates have additionally been on a steady decrease, Contributing to a decline in gun ownership. The 19% owning firearms generally speaking have firearms in their possession for the purpose of safety and fear of crime, Both of which Con discussed in his first argument. The solution to this though, Is not taking them away from these 19% necessarily.

These group of Americans own what they own for a reason, And as such the American way to cut down on firearms is not to take weapons or even put restrictions really, But to remove the need for firearms. Con's point on Americans becoming more distant is actually the opposite of what is happening in many cases, And if we can ensure a safer collective America, We will see firearm possession rates go down even more. Gun prohibition simply is not the case.

The 3% of Americans owning the other half are generally gun enthusiasts who take what they do quite seriously and diligently. Ensuring these firearms remain within responsible hands is key, And whether they would like to hold on to them or not in the following years is up to them. Understanding and a committed effort from both sides of the political spectrum, And consultation with experts on the topic such as these gun enthusiasts and experts in the handling of firearms and safe use of such is what America needs first and foremost to solving this. As a "libtard", As some would unfortunately generalize me as, I strongly believe it is time the US puts aside the whole gun control and second amendment nonsense and work towards a safer, Yet better, America. Not just for liberals or conservatives, But for this fine nation of yours as a whole.

Looking forward hopefully to a response from Con in round 3, Contrary to the resting of my case in round 1.

Written from the tiny confines of my phone, Due to an uncooperative computer.
AumOne

Con

AumOne forfeited this round.
AndrejG

Pro

AndrejG forfeited this round.
AumOne

Con

AumOne forfeited this round.
AndrejG

Pro

AndrejG forfeited this round.
Posted by ArguingPerson123 3 years ago
ArguingPerson123
F*cking libtard
Posted by AumOne 3 years ago
AumOne
canis hmm i see it hehe
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
"Americans want freedom to kill. ". They want the right to hunt and to protect.
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
All countries give their citizens the right to kill, Just in certain circumstances. Are you seriously denying that fact?
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
Yep. Americans want freedom to kill.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
The way to freedom is through a gun on your hip
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
That is true, There are way too many types of guns to consider one gun ideal for every situation.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
Sorry I posted the same thing 3x
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
" What i am saying is that Americans do not need any reason to own guns beyond that fact that it is their right to do so. ". Some guns are bought for hunting and protection.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta