RomanLegionary
WOLF.J

Hannibal Didn't Make Any Mistakes in the Second Punic War

RomanLegionary

Pro

As you are the one trying to prove he made mistakes, I will let you make the first argument.
WOLF.J

Con

http://www.debate.org...

Have a look at this debate, then tell me if you still want to continue.
RomanLegionary

Pro

By "Didn't Make Any Mistakes," I meant no documented tactical or strategic mistakes (considering Hannibal Barca was a general, I doubt you were confused by the context) . I would like to continue
WOLF.J

Con

Ok I accept, lets continue, what is your argument? You do know Hannibal did not win, that itself is a tactical and strategic mistake you can not argue against.
RomanLegionary

Pro

Hannibal did not receive any of the reinforcements he constantly asked for from Carthage. Carthage simply didn't understand the Roman way of war, to Rome it was either complete destruction of their country or complete destruction of the enemy. Carthage thought that the war was not going to be a huge deal and that the war would have likely had very small consequences for themselves if any. Carthage was responsible for their own defeat, not Hannibal.
WOLF.J

Con

That argument is ludicrous, he was GENERAL, therefore made decisive decisions, I could argue taking bloody elephants in to alps was stupid, he lost many men and resources -MISTAKE.
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
Yes my g
Posted by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Leaning// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Pro argument shifted the blame to people higher in authority than Hannibal who were supposed to support him, but failed to. Con did not explain why taking elephants in to the alps would be stupid. Con argument that he lost many men and resources does not explain how that happened or how Hannibal's decisions in using his men and resources was a mistake. I do not believe Con justified his arguments, while Pro did. Sources, spelling, grammar, conduct approximately equal.

[*Reason for removal*] While the voter does state specific arguments presented by both sides, there is no actual assessment of Pro"s arguments in this RFD, as the voter merely grants that his points were justified without explaining how that was the case. If justification (or lack thereof) is the chief reason for awarding points, the voter has to point out what justifications were given and why they were sufficient to net Pro the debate.
************************************************************************
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
uhum, i already said i didn't put effort in, relax yoself bro. i were in it for a cheap win. didn't get it, but il be ok..
Posted by RomanLegionary 3 years ago
RomanLegionary
I just want to quickly say, the reason I didn't make that many arguments is because I was waiting for him to point out mistakes before I make an argument about how the decision was not a mistake.
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
I liked the Simpsons early on in life, but stopped watching it for a long period of time, so ended up not caring for how it is currently. If I'd been watching the whole time maybe I'd still like it.
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
south park is weird bro, don't get it. I more of a simpsons bloke
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
Eh, am relaxed, watching South Park Spontaneous Combustion in the background.
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
dude relax, I'm just messing about
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
I will admit my voting skills could be better, but I'll have to learn to improve them over time.
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
That general argument doesn't make logical sense to me. There are situations beyond peoples control or beyond what is logical for them to expect. Just because you lose does not mean you made a mistake.