The Instigator
Con (against)
The Contender
Pro (for)

Has Feminism About Equality?

Do you like this debate?NoYes+0
Add this debate to Google Add this debate to Delicious Add this debate to FaceBook Add this debate to Digg  
Debate Round Forfeited
ProKeX has forfeited round #2.
Our system has not yet updated this debate. Please check back in a few minutes for more options.
Time Remaining
Voting Style: Open Point System: 7 Point
Started: 8/28/2017 Category: Politics
Updated: 2 years ago Status: Debating Period
Viewed: 618 times Debate No: 103694
Debate Rounds (3)
Comments (2)
Votes (0)




I Believe Feminism has gotten out of hand. What I'm saying is that Feminism isn't about equality anymore. I've accesed different feminist magazines such as and the articles they post are really stupid and idiotic. Granted equality is a good ideology and not all feminists are radical and hate men but you see these videos and articles hating on men such as "Male masturbation should be illegal". I find all this stuff completely radical and stupid. Equality is about equal rights between the genders, I see only about 30% of feminists preaching for equality, the other 70% just preach against males.


Feminism is about equality. The first dictionary definition of feminism that comes up on Google when you search for the meaning of the word is "the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes" coming from the Oxford dictionaries. According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary the definition is "the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes". The Cambridge Dictionary defines feminism as "an organized effort to give women the same economic, social, and political rights as men". The definition of feminism according to is "an organized effort to give women the same economic, social, and political rights as men". All of the major, well known, reputable dictionaries define feminism as a movement to create equal rights for everyone regardless of gender. That is the official definition. That is what feminism is about. This is a fact. The hatred of men is called misandry. That is the behavior displayed in the videos and articles you've seen on the Internet that rail relentlessly on the male of the species. This is unfortunately often labeled as feminism causing feminism to often be confused for misandry. They are not the same thing. Feminism fights to dismantle harmful practices and stereotypes that hurt everyone, including men. Feminists want women who have broken the law to face the same charges as men, they want people to take rape and domestic violence committed against men seriously, they want double standards. There is a very interesting article highlighting the differences between feminism and misandry that you can check out with this link: Even if the person, article, or video claims itself to be feminist, if it is not standing on the basis of equal rights, then it is not and never will be feminism. Feminism has not gotten out of hand, misandry masquerading as feminism has.
"Definition of "feminism" - English Dictionary." Feminism Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary. N.p., n.d. Web.
"Feminism - Definition of Feminism in English | Oxford Dictionaries." Oxford Dictionaries | English. Oxford Dictionaries, n.d. Web.
"Feminism.", n.d. Web.
"Feminism." Merriam-Webster. Merriam-Webster, n.d. Web.
West, Lindy. "If I Admit That 'Hating Men' Is a Thing, Will You Stop Turning It Into a Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?" Jezebel,, 28 Mar. 2013,
Debate Round No. 1
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
Debate Round No. 2
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
Debate Round No. 3
2 comments have been posted on this debate. Showing 1 through 2 records.
Posted by CreeNation 2 years ago
Definitions change and feminism has changed from what it was it is now an anti man anti white horrible ideology I do believe in 2nd wave feminism but 3rd wave feminism is a useless Ideology and must be stopped.
Posted by Surgeon 2 years ago
Pro, based on a dictionary definition you may be right, but I don't think that was the debate. I maybe doing Con as mis-service (because the debate topic is not precisely tuned), but I think Cons point is that the so-called 3rd wave Feminism has become dominated by a small minorty of SJW types, that 1) put their own sense of self-entitlement and feelings before facts, 2) seek equality of outcome rather than equality before the law, and 3) propogate discrimination against men (particularly white men). It maybe that this is not the dominant force in Feminism, but it certainly seems to be the most vocal.
This debate has 2 more rounds before the voting begins. If you want to receive email updates for this debate, click the Add to My Favorites link at the top of the page.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.