Attention: Debate.org is closing and the website will be shut down on June 5, 2022. New Topics can no longer be posted and Sign Up has been disabled. Existing Topics will still function as usual until the website is taken offline. Members can download their content by using the Download Data button in My Account.
Lookingatissues
squeakly54n6

Have the conservatives in America lost the battle with the leftists

squeakly54n6

Lookingatissues

Pro

The Signs are evident that conservativism is fighting a losing battle in which the ideological cards in the present game that America is engaged in are stacked against conservatives. The Media, Hollywood, And the public educational system are all in the control of democrat elite wealthy.
How can conservatives win in this political debate when even America's public educational institutions which educate the countries young children are overwhelmingly staffed with leftist teachers and professors. How can conservatives win this political ideological game being played possibly hope to win when one of the political parties in America is dominated by leftist who if they can't win by the ballet box nullify the peoples votes by any method they can devise to dwarf the policies of the elected president and make him a ineffective president. The leftist democrat party if they can't gain the power of the presidency by the vote to carry out their leftist policies then they plot to change the rules on the qualifications for voting, Such as lowering the voting age to 16, Or allowing illegal immigrants to vote, Or not purging the voting rolls of deceased former voters. The idea of the impartiality of the high court is not beyond the attempts of leftist democrat elite manipulations in their efforts to fix/ pack, The Supreme court with leftist supreme Court justices to get rulings that the leftist democrat elite favor. Another evident that just recently took place in this country was that the one source of conservative opinion to be aired on TV, Fox News, Has been bought out by leftist Disney which guarantees that the conservative voice on Fox News is being silenced and the leftist democrat elite are replacing conservatives with those who promote the leftist agendas. A German dictator of world war 2, Once said this about a political ideology being daily force-fed to the youth of a nation in the public educational institutions when he said, ". . . "Your child belongs to us already" What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, However, Now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community. "
Adolf Hitler
Speech November 1933, Quoted in The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer
squeakly54n6

Con

" overwhelmingly staffed with leftist teachers and professors. "

- Got any statistics to back this up? Or is this an anecdotal claim?

" dwarf the policies of the elected president and make him an ineffective president. "

- Again you need EVIDENCE to back this claim up. Besides last time I checked, The Republicans had the president spot, The Senate, And Congress secured. In fact, The Republicans still have congress and the president.

" The Supreme court with leftist Supreme Court justices to get rulings that the leftist democrat elite favor. "

- Again where is your evidence that this is going on? Without evidence, I can not take your claims seriously.

" Fox News, Has been bought out by leftist Disney which guarantees that the conservative voice on Fox News is being silenced and the leftist democrat elite is replacing conservatives with those who promote the leftist agendas. "

- How does Disney buying fox news translate into Disney silencing conservatives in fox news? Unless you have actual proof of Disney silencing them, I am going to write this off as a false claim. Again this country works on the basis of Innocent until proven Guilty, Therefore you need evidence to back up your accusation against Disney.

The fact of the matter is that Pro is trying to make pretty insane claims against the government and of Disney without any evidence to back it up. In a country that recently had a Republican candidates destroy the Democrat candidate, With loose gun laws in many states, And various news sites and popular conservatives such as Infowars, Fox news, Lowder with Crowder, Ben Shapiro, And Donald Trump, It is very hard to say that the conservatives are " getting silenced".
Lookingatissues

Pro

Con. . . . . How does Disney buying fox news translate into Disney silencing conservatives in Fox News? Unless you have actual proof of Disney silencing them, I am going to write this off as a false claim. Again this country works on the basis of Innocent until proven Guilty, Therefore you need evidence to back up your accusation against Disney. "
PRO. . . . In a book Titled, " Manufactured Consent. " by Edward S Herman, The author relates the following information, ". . . . Since 1990, A wave of massive deals and rapid Globalization have left the media Industries further centralized in nine transnational Conglomerates - ( "Disney, " ) AOL Time-warner, Viacom Owner of NBC, News corporation, Bertelsmann, General Electric, Owner of NBC, Sony, AT&T- Liberty Media, And Viendi universal. These Giants own all the major Studios, TV Networks, And music companies, And a size. . . . Able. . . Fraction of the most important Cable Channels, Cable Systems, Magazines, Major Markets, T. V. Stations, And Book Publishers. . . . " Thus The liberal message is delivered constantly by the media every day, Year in, Year out, While the conservatives message is relitigated to a few media sources In comparision to
all the liberal ""Giants. . . . Who. . . . Own all the major Studios, TV Networks, And music companies, And a size. . . . Able. . . Fraction of the most important Cable Channels, Cable Systems, Magazines, Major Markets, T. V. Stations, And Book Publishers. . . . "
squeakly54n6

Con

First of all thanks for continuing the debate.

Secondly, You used a quote with little to no analysis of that quote, Which can make it very hard to understand your arguments and is a very lazy way of responding. Nevertheless, The quote is still irrelevant and here's why.

" While the conservatives message is relitigated to a few media sources In comparison to
all the liberal"

- If this was the case then explain how Trump won the 2016 election, And the Republicans hold the Senate? Compared to the liberals which only have congress.

- This quote is also inaccurate, There are many major news sources which spread conservative values. The Wall Street Journal, The Daily Wire, Washington Examiner, Washington Times, Town Hall, CNS News, Conservative daily, Infowars, And more importantly, Fox News. So conservative values are still heavily being exerted among these groups. You also have famous conservative YouTubers such as Ben Shapiro, Lowder with crowder, And Rebel Media. Very plainly there are still many people and news networks exerting conservative values in 2019.

- Just because Disney owns fox news, Doesn't mean they are going to change their entire news channel. For example, If I bought a house, More likely than not all I would change is the furniture and paint a few rooms. The foundation and layout of the house would stay the same. Disney may tweak fox news a little bit around but ultimately Disney won't change Fox News main message. Therefore this is an attempted character assassination against Disney. Disney already owns Pixar and Marvel, Both of which don't exert " Liberal Values, " the movies have largely stayed the same ever since the buyout. You may make the counter-argument that Disney owns LucasFilm and they are exerted " Liberal Values, " however picking one of their studios while ignoring the rest is taking a very shallow perspective.

All of that aside let's talk about facts for a moment.

- The US has very looser gun laws and regulations compared to many other countries in the developed world. And even looser regulations in the conservative states.

- The Republicans have the Senate, The majority supreme court justices, And the executive branch.

- The US has the highest military spending in the world being around 600 billion compared to other countries with a more progressive military budget.

- The US doesn't have free college yet.

- States such as Colorado have a very low 4 % flat tax rate.

It's very obvious there is still a good chunk the conservative values being displayed in the country even in 2019.
Lookingatissues

Pro

CON. . . . . - If this was the case then explain how Trump won the 2016 election, And the Republicans hold the Senate? Compared to the liberals which only have congress.
PRO. . . . There are many people who have wondered how Donald Trump won the election over the democrat candidate for president, Hillary Clinton. I believe that the reason Donald trump won the election over the democrat candidate, Hillary Clinton, Was because the citizens had had enough of the promises of the socialist policies and the apologies made to foreign countries by the democrat party elite.
The so called, Americans in " Fly Over country, " the " basket full of deplorables, " could see the way that the country was headed under Barack H. Obama and would be headed if Hillary Clinton were to become president and they decided that the country needed new leadership before it was too late to save the country from the fate that awaited it under a democrat president. "Make America Great again' while just a slogan sounded more promising for the country than the attitude of the democrats which was " America's best days were behind her. " America needed a president who believed in the wisdom and goodness of the every day American Citizen and in the greatness of America and the voters found just such a man in Donald Trump.
You replied, ". . . There are many major news sources which spread conservative values. . . . "
There are also many major news sources, Authors, Hollywood etc. Which deliver the leftist ideologies daily to the public as well but this isn't the only way that the leftist democrats gets their message out and indoctrinate the Citizens. The leftist ideologies are constantly being delivered to the most vulnerable, And easily swayed, The youth of America through the authoritative teachers and the professors who have a captive audience.
Joseph Goebbels once said,
" If you repeat a lie often enough, It becomes the truth. If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, People. . . The Young. . . Will eventually come to believe it. . . . "
You posted, " The Republicans have. . . . The majority. . . Of. . . . . Supreme court justices, . . . . "
"- Hold the revolution: Roberts keeps joining liberal justices in close Supreme Court rulings. . . . "
By Greg Stohr / Bloomberg Mar 2, 201
PRO. . . . With 5/4 decisions being made in court rulings and John Roberts joining with the liberal Supreme Court justices the winners are never much in doubt in most cases.
squeakly54n6

Con

" I believe that the reason Donald Trump won the election over the Democrat candidate, Hillary Clinton, Was because the citizens had had enough of the promises of the socialist policies and the apologies made to foreign countries by the democrat party elite. "

- Ok so then you do agree that conservatives won the presidential election by the failings of the Democrats. So then you agree that the conservatives have obtained the upper hand and if anything is winning the countries support.

" There are also many major news sources, Authors, Hollywood etc. Which deliver the leftist ideologies daily to the public as well "

- So then you agree that the conservatives do have a balanced force in the media just like the Democrats do. I don't have to show that the Democrats are losing, All I have to prove is the conservatives aren't losing. And so far you've proven my point by agreeing that the conservatives have a fair voice in the media and appeal to the public more, Hence why Trump lost the election.

" The leftist ideologies are constantly being delivered to the most vulnerable, And easily swayed, The youth of America through the authoritative teachers and the professors who have a captive audience. "

- Again you need to cite statistical data to prove this. Siting a few videos of leftist teachers isn't representative of the whole country. By that logic, I could show a few video's of right-wing teachers being racist too prove that the conservatives are " brainwashing kids, ".

- Even though this logic is highly unlogical and most likely incorrect, Let's assume that it is for a second for the sake of this argument. I could easily say this about Republicans since statistically according to zippia. Com, Most of the states who regularly vote red are often more uneducated than their northern counterparts which are generally more educated. Going off of this, The Republicans would also be catering to the lowest common denominator as the leftists are, Again assuming this teacher brainwashing business is going on. Which I highly doubt.

" With 5/4 decisions being made in court rulings and John Roberts joining with the liberal Supreme Court justices the winners are never much in doubt in most cases. "

- While this is true, This is a very shallow way of thinking about this data.

1. Supreme court justices aren't locked into their ideologies. Statistically according to The New York Times, Many supreme court justices vote, Either way, Even Democrats such as Kagan vote 30 % of the time republican. Many other democrat Supreme court justices vote 30-40 percent of the time conservative as well. Going off of this data, The majority of supreme court justices mostly vote conservative. Which in turn proves that it's more balanced and neither party really are ahead of each other.

2. This data looks too be it was published in 2011, Which is most likely is inaccurate to the way the supreme court justice Roberts votes now.

To conclude, Pro has not provided any statistical data to prove his points and instead has relied on quotes and anecdotal claims to form his arguments. Both of which are easily debunkable using common sense and statistical data. Republicans are certainly NOT losing in politics, It's more of a 50 50 split between both parties. As of right now Republicans hold the majority of the branches, And according to my own opponant, Appeal to the average American more than their counterparts do.
Posted by squeakly54n6 3 years ago
squeakly54n6
I was unable to post my sources in my second argument and I couldn't in the comments. My apologies for that.
Posted by Lookingatissues 3 years ago
Lookingatissues
To Con. . . . I realize that I didn't answer all of the issues that you had posted in regards to my first post but I couldn't get my response posted in the second round of this debate until today. I have my replies recorded on Word Pad and perhaps I will have the opportunity to respond later. . . . Thanks for entering the debate. . . .
Posted by squeakly54n6 3 years ago
squeakly54n6
@Lookingatissues

Are you having trouble posting your argument? Because it keeps stating I have arguments due on this debate, But when I look at this debate it says it's waiting for you to post your argument.
Posted by squeakly54n6 3 years ago
squeakly54n6
@Dr. Franklin

Yeah I mean pretty much
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I personally believe that neither side really "wins", I think it goes back and forth. One red wave here, Blue wave next, One dem president, One republican president, Its a cycle.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
thats true, I agree with your initial argument, Just correcting something for further notice.
Posted by squeakly54n6 3 years ago
squeakly54n6
@Dr. Franklin

I made a mistake, I essentially mixed up the congress and senate. Apparently, The Republicans have the Senate while the Democrats have congress. Regardless both the senate and congress pretty much have the same roles and power. Besides even if Republicans only had half which is 50 %, This still shows that Republicans have equal power as Democrats in that area, Which proves that Republicans aren't exactly losing.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
"The Republicans still have congress".

Only half of congress.
Vote Placed by Debaticus 3 years ago
Debaticus
Lookingatissuessqueakly54n6Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Summoned via PM
Vote Placed by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Lookingatissuessqueakly54n6Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not fulfil Pro's burden of proof. No evidence and Con pointed this out several times yet Pro couldn't give evidence.