backwardseden
Anonymous

Here are a dozen easy-to-understand contradictions that indicate the impossibility of the God story

backwardseden has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Pro

Taken from - http://howgodworks.com... "HOW CAN INTELLIGENT PEOPLE OVERLOOK GOD"S CONTRADICTIONS?"
If you are a Christian, you believe in God and Jesus. But have you ever taken the time to sit down and think about how your God works in our world?

You have read all about God in the Bible, heard all of these stories about God at church, but how does this information stack up here in the real world? Thinking through the implications can be an interesting and informative exercise that teaches you a great deal about God.

The most interesting part of the process is the contradictions that immediately and inevitably arise as soon as you begin thinking about God. Contradictions are interesting because they can prove that something is impossible.

Here are a dozen easy-to-understand contradictions that indicate the impossibility of the God story you have been taught:

1. God is defined in Christian mythology as perfect, omniscient and omnibenevolent. But he creates planet earth to be a place where billions of people end up in intense suffering (e.g. diseases, natural disasters, deep poverty, starvation, miscarriages, parasites, etc.). The contradiction is this: If God is omniscient, he knew that the suffering would occur, but an omnibenevolent and perfect being cannot create a place filled with suffering.

2. In Christian mythology, a perfect, omniscient and omnibenevolent God creates a place of eternal torture and torment called hell, and in the mythology sends billions of people to hell without recourse. Most Baptist churches (largest protestant denomination in the U.S.) have something like this in their statement of faith: "That all who reject Christ will be in Hell and the Lake of Fire forever in the conscious torment of literal fire. " Hell is unquestionably evil. The contradiction: an all-good, all-loving being cannot create an evil place. The second contradiction: an omniscient being who is all-good and all-loving cannot create anyone omnisciently, knowing they will end up in hell, without violating his definition.

3. In Christian mythology, God starts with a blank sheet of paper as an omniscient being, custom-creates a universe, planet and species to his perfect specifications, then ends up hating what he created to the point where he he feels the need to destroy it in a world-wide flood. The contradiction: An omniscient being cannot regret what he creates.

4. In Christian mythology, God is the "absolute moral authority" and is "absolutely good". But then he floods the entire planet, killing nearly everything: men, women, children, infants, animals, insects, etc. The flood is an absolutely evil act. The contradiction: An absolutely good being cannot perform an absolutely evil act. By performing the act, God is evil.

5. In Christian mythology, God requires a human sacrifice to appease himself. The idea of human sacrifice alone is absolutely evil. Even more bizarre: Jesus is the chosen human sacrifice, and Jesus is God according to the doctrine of the Trinity. So God sacrifices himself to himself to be happy. The contradiction: sacrificing yourself to yourself is ridiculous.

6. In Christian mythology, God must remain "hidden" lest he take away faith. However, he also incarnates himself, writes a best-selling book, answers billions of prayers, has personal relationships. etc. The contradiction: A being cannot simultaneously hide and incarnate himself, answer prayers, and publish a book. What you realize, if you keep thinking it through, is that the Bible is a book of mythology, the incarnation is a myth, every "answered prayer" is simply a coincidence, and the belief in prayer is a superstition. Thus it is not the case that God is hidden, but instead that God is imaginary.

7. In Christian mythology, God is all-powerful. However, God also needs your money. Lots and lots of money. A tithe of 10% of your income to be exact. The contradiction: A real God who can create a universe and a planet would not need any money from you.

8. In Christian mythology, God wants you to sell everything and give the money to the poor. However, in the real world, God is complicit with the Vatican, which has billions of dollars in gold and other assets stored away despite the teachings of its savior.

9. In Christian mythology, God is absolutely good. But God is also silent while thousands of Catholic priests sexually abuse thousands of young boys. The contradiction: standing silent and doing nothing while knowing about such an atrocity is evil.

10. In Christian mythology, God is ready to have a "personal relationship" with people. However, God still needs pastors and priests to do the talking on Sunday. The contradiction: If God has a personal relationship with his followers, he would simply talk to his followers himself.

11. In Christian mythology, God is an omniscient being who writes a book called the Bible. The contradiction is that the Bible contains nothing but the things we would expect a pre-scientific culture 2,000 years ago to know about. There is no mention of DNA, bacteria, viruses, medical procedures, immune systems, galaxies, science, mathematics, space, orbital mechanics, the age of the universe, fossils, extinct species, etc. If an omniscient being were writing or "inspiring" a book, we would see signs of omniscience.

12. In Christian mythology, God answers the prayers of middle-class Americans by the millions. But in the real world, God lets millions of children die of things like starvation and simple diseases every year. If you think this through, you will realize that every "answered prayer" is simply a coincidence and the belief in prayer is a superstition.

RULES:
For this debate counteract the contradictions listed, prove that god and the bible are NOT filled with super massive hypocritical contradictions and inconsistencies and thus prove that the bible is whole and pure. For extra credit... prove that god would use text as a form of communication.

Only christians will be allowed to accept this debate.

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to participate in the voting process

Con

The Holy Bible contains many metaphors and interpretations, as it was written by humans. It all boils down to this: If we cannot understand our own brain, then how can we understand what created it? My arguments are all based on my interpretation of the Catholic religion. This is my response to every point you brought up.
1. Not only do we have free will, as previously mentioned in one of your debates, but there is also someone who happened to think he was as powerful as God. He is currently known as Satan. Without Satan, we would not have free will, as we would only have the positive choices that God would suggest. Satan, on the other hand, offers us the negative choices. Negative choices lead to negative consequences. Also, if we were rewarded with constantly positive outcomes in life, we would not have the ability to choose to do negative things. And sometimes we completely lack the ability to choose certain things positive due to their ancestors' mistakes. This is because Satan exists to create balance. He knew suffering would occur; it's necessary for free will, even if you don't choose the negativities that may arise.
2: God did not create Hell. Satan did. Again, a balance was required. Those who obey Satan go to the place of Satan. When the world ends, all will be freed from the land of fire. He knows we will rebel, he lets us do it, and he punishes us for it.
3: God did not regret what he created; he only wanted to teach it to change. Also, the flood was not worldwide. It only occurred locally, but the bible was written by imperfect humans who were a bit shortsighted.
4: Justice is not evil. The local flood was created to punish those who strayed off. They lived their lives on Earth terribly, so their lives were taken away. That still leaves them with the eternal life God has promised, even if it was in Hell. Even so, all were released from Hell when Jesus was crucified. He did not take their lives. He took their lives on Earth.
5: The human sacrifice was not to appease God; it was to appease humans. God showed that he would sacrifice a human version of himself in order to save us from sin. Our own sin. In the three days of Jesus' death, he was condemned into hell to make a deal with the devil to make him go back to heaven and change his ways. Instead, all who were condemned were brought to heaven.
6: We have not seen God himself. Only his reincarnation. He did not "publish a book". Humans did. Either way, the bible was written by imperfect humans... They don't know what's good. I don't believe in the statement because it was said by a person, not God himself.
7: God doesn't need our money; the church does. Again, the church is run by humans. Humans need food. To get food, you must buy it. To buy food, you need money. You know how it goes. Scientology is what you need to bash if you're using this argument.
8: God wants us to devote our lives to him to show thanks. One way to prove that is to give everything you don't need to people who need it to show that you value God more than materialistic things. With the Vatican argument, you should be arguing that the people who interpret God are contradictory, not God himself. Because of Satan, humans are trash. It's common knowledge.
9: God is not silent when priests do terrible things. God punishes them, both on Earth and after death. As I've said multiple times, it's the people you should be arguing about, not God himself.
10: God will talk to us if we listen. Spoiler alert: we don't. Humans find it easier to listen to priests than to listen to God himself, who no matter how much they say they believe still doubt God would talk directly to them. Again, it's humans at fault, not God.
11: God does mention a few of those. Either way, he didn't want to give us a science class. He wanted us to know more about him so that we could live a better life, and the only way we'd learn is by other people telling us. Humans didn't need all of that scientific information according to God; it was unnecessary.
12: God answers the prayers of those who deserve it, and that includes a lot more than middle-class Americans. As a simple non-omniscient teenaged trash, I can not fully answer that question, but I have a theory. This is just my interpretation, so don't think that all Christians believe this. Humans have been due for a mass extinction for a long time because that's just the way things should be. Humans have destroyed the Earth too much, and have strayed too far away. This doesn't mean God regrets us, it means we are no longer necessary. I believe that with God's infinite power there are infinite beings just like us. But we still have our free will, and we are choosing to disallow extinction.
Extra credit: God did not choose text as a form of communications, humans did.
Summary: God is not contradictory; the way humans interpret him are.
I have some rules I'd like to add, too:
No personal attacks. I've skimmed through a few of your previous debates after accidentally accepting this debate, and noticed that on a few occasions you were a bit... Harsh.
PS: Sorry this is a bit haphazard, and just out of curiosity, what did dsjpk5 do?
backwardseden

Pro

"The Holy Bible contains many metaphors and interpretations," and that"s in itself is a major fallacy into why your god would never choose text as a form of communication, the worst form of communication possible so people like you can get it wrong. And there would be only ONE interpretation, so everybody would get it right. "as it was written by humans." So its not in any way god""s written word? Well you"d have a billion or more disagreeing with you.
"It all boils down to this: If we"" Whoa, sorry, its you, only you. Put yourself in the dumpster, not me. Continuing "cannot understand our own brain, then how can we understand what created it?" Well my parents had sex. "My arguments are all based on my interpretation of the Catholic religion. This is my response to every point you brought up." Wow. Now that really really really p**ses me off. Why is it that so-called christians, and it is ONLY so called christians that have a SUPER hard time in READING? Do you know what READING is? Apparently not. The very first f--ling statement says "Taken from - http://howgodworks.com...... "HOW CAN INTELLIGENT PEOPLE OVERLOOK GOD"S CONTRADICTIONS?". In other words, yeah I got this from another article. Duh. See it is so disturbing that christians, in which there is no such a thing because jesus is the false prophet, and no sane person follows that tepid persons teachings and god, in which you cannot even prove even exists, just as you cannot even prove that christ has ever existed, so you"ve struck out all together, all with MAJOR fallacies, as this god of yours never gave your jesus the powers to change any of your god"s laws and there are several verses in your bible that state that god"s word is "perfect", so no drab named jesus had the power to change god"s laws in the first place. Be that as it may, it doesn"t solve the fact that there are contradictions in your bible which proves your bible to be unreadable in which is another reason why your god would never use text as a form of communication, the worst form of communication possible.
Here"s how I run things" if there is the slightest hint of you inventing excuses from something in which you clearly know nothing about, especially when its the subject in which you claim to professing you have knowledge upon, namely this one, and you really don"t, and yet you pretend that you do by coming up with invented excuses and or flat out lying, I will insult you with my brand of insults that are original, funny, stupid, deranged and walls to the ball insane, unless those excuses are so far fetched that they are clearly pulled off from your groin to be a groin pull from the gold-i-lox area to keep scientists looking for other planets, then all bets are truly off and I may end the debate right then and there because I DO KNOW my stuff, whereas most don"t. Who knows? I may give you a strike 3 and you are out. We shall see.
1. No you don"t have free will because you believe in your god. I and millions of others who have the common sense and education not to, we do have free will. You show me or anyone where in the bible, anywhere that YOUR christian god says something to the effect of "I the LORD thy god grants man free will." The fact of the matter is, is that it doesn't exist. Not anywhere. So in fact your god does NOT grant you Free Will of any kind. Period. But in truth, I hope you find it because then that would mean that YOUR bible hypocritically contradicts itself YET AGAIN for the thousandth time or so with all of its inconsistencies, because there so many verses that prove that god does not, by any means, grant Free Will. Now here"s some vidies that proves that YOUR god in no possible way grants man free will. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION.
- Video 1. All Knowing god verses Free Will: The Greatest Religious Contradiction
- Video 2. Free Will With god
- Video 3. god Favors Evil
- Video 4. god allows Free Will?
And what you stated had 0 to do with what the article stated so that"s strike 1. You can"t invent excuses off the top of your silly little skull in a truly miserable attempt to save yourself. K?
Free Will doesn"t come into play. Your god cannot create satan.
Here"s something else to add to it in another way"
Tracie Harris: "Your question was regarding free will as an argument for allowing suffering. That's when you get into the problem of evil. Now the problem of evil as we all know is not an argument that demonstrates that no god exists or that god exists. What it demonstrates is that god is your god is an a$$. What she's telling you is she believes in a god, and I assume she worships this god? Its like is she 'happy' about her god?" Caller: "Oh oh yeah everything except for the old testament." Tracie "In other words what she is saying is 'I love this god who believes that the free will of the rapist is more important than the free will of the child being raped. That I think that its worth it to have a child be raped because I really really put a high value on a rapist's free will.""
"When she dies does she get to go to heaven? If she gets to go to heaven will she be happy? And she"ll probably say "yes". And you say "Will you be able to choose and do anything you want while you are in heaven?" And she"ll say "yes." And so you are basically saying "you"ll have free will in heaven?" So you have free will in heaven and no one is being hurt, raped, so you can do anything you want and no one gets hurt. If god has that power in heaven, he must have that power on earth. So he"s chose not to set that condition/ toggle switch which means he"s a dick." Phil Ferguson
"Could god have made the world and not suffering? And if they say "no" then he"s not all powerful. If they say "yes", then why didn"t he? Its a constant thing. There"s multiple ways to come at it." Phil Ferguson
2: "God did not create Hell. Satan did." And you know this drum roll please ----------------- how? Strike 2. And saying that god didn"t that that would mean that your god is not a god according to you and that there are things that are out of his control, that this god of yours is not in charge of everything, that he does not know everything, he"s most certainly not all knowing nor all powerful, and he"s most definitely not omnipotent, and NOT perfect. NOT A GOD.
"3: God did not regret what he created;" the f--k he didn"t. What do you call destroying ALL LIFE in the great flood and then recreating it? Genesis 6:6 "The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled." NIV Strike 3. I"m done.

Please save yourself the disgrace that you"ve slain upon yourself and don"t bother responding. I know I won't in turn.

Con

"The holy bible contains many metaphors and interpretations", and that in itself is a major fallacy. Would you like to know why? It was written by humans, and as amply displayed, humans are trash. God did not choose text as a form of communication, humans did, because Satan is assisting us on being dumb. Humans don't understand God; therefore we cannot describe Him completely. If we could understand the force that created us, we would be too simple to have such understanding power; therefore, it is a paradox... We are too simple to put God in easy-to-understand, catch-all words. The bible is what God told certain people, but humans wrote it into words and messed up the message a bit by putting in their own two bits.
I am in a dumpster. Why else would I join this dump of a debate? Explain to me scientifically every detail of how sexual reproduction works, every aspect of the human body, and where it all started. I dare you. We know the basics of science, just like how we know the basics of God. You did not create the points, I know that. But you brought them up. You took them from the internet and brought them up on this website. Your arguments are based solely on your inability to understand my statements. If we're going down to grammar mistakes, then you've got plenty. You start off with an idea, you do not finish it, and then you bring up new incoherent ideas that you still go incomplete. That makes you creat run-on sentences with no coherent details and only hateful colloquial language. Jesus can be proven with flesh and blood, along with the observations written by others. Jesus came to fix humans' misinterpretations of the Bible, not God's words himself. You should be trashing Islam and Judaism because all of your arguments are based on the old testament. Christians believe that the old testament was flawed because of the way humans made it, and work hard to fix all fallacies. The bible was not God's chosen form of communication, we chose it because some of us wouldn't recognize God if he came knocking on our doors. That's how dumb humans are, enabled by Satan.
Sorry, but you still are not bringing up full, coherent statements. Your argument was rushed, and you forgot to finish the ideas you bring up in these run-on sentences. Remember, periods aren't only the bloody mess you experience weekly... Probably more than that based on how you're responding with me. That was a joke, in case you haven't realized. I said how much I understand the topic. It's not a complete understanding, because actually, quantum mechanics forbid that. That was another joke because I know you won't get it. You know as much as I know. You have an opinion, as do I. You're wrong. I might be wrong. You forgot strike one and two, and strike three is the umpire's bias.
1. "No, you do not have free will because you believe in your God." Apart from the obvious grammatical errors, your statement is false. I chose to follow God in my free will. It doesn't mean I'm a good Catholic boi (joke), because I stray from what God wants me to do, because Satan is allowing me to do so. "God created humans in his image. (Genesis 1:26) Unlike animals, which act mainly on instinct, we resemble our Creator in our capacity to display such qualities as love and justice. And like our Creator, we have free will." (https://www.jw.org...). " "All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power."(Ecclesiastes 9:10). It took me not even a minute of research. The bible contradicts itself because it was written by humans who are obviously trash. God is not hypocritical, we are. Here's how I run things: I will not do research that is for your case. It is your job in a debate to condense that research into the number of words we are granted. I'm not going to say, "Attached is a novel I wrote that you must waste your time reading to prove my point." That is not how debates work. Come on, don't you remember ELA class in grade six? Obviously not. What I did was destroy what you brought up, and all you are doing is denying I did so incoherently and without evidence that I was wrong. God created Satan. Satan had free will, along with God. Satan chose to be evil and betrayed God. God could control us, but with the help of Satan, we have free will. Free will has everything to do with this because free will has consequences. One of the consequences is not having an easy escape from diseases and natural torment. Also, you do not press "shift" for apostrophes. They look like this: '. Not this: ". We are allowed to suffer because it is one of the consequences of free will. Consequences are justice, justice is not evil. True Christians don't believe they have a sure chance of going to heaven. We do have free will when we die. Those who would be rapists in heaven go to hell. Those who would continue to sin regularly would go to purgatory. Those who choose not to sin go to heaven. God can make a world with no suffering, but that would disallow free will. You do not understand what I am saying, but I know what you are saying, and I am proving you wrong.
2. God told someone, they wrote it. We need Satan for free will. Again, grammar is important for coherent arguments. Your coherency is missing. If he wanted to destroy Satan, he would. But he will not yet, to give us our free will.
3. I call that a human error because the humans who wrote the bible were not omniscient. I might have gotten me with this point and this point only, yet your strikes are just a lame excuse to ignore the 9 other points in which your opinion was destroyed effectively and coherently by yours truly. The score is 1-11; 11 for me, a sad 1 for you. If you don't respond, you lose terrifically. I will get back to you on your single point that you earned when I actually do some work for your lousy debate.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
backwardseden
Look, you pay attention to the free will arguments in the debate, you refute them, in which you can't and then you might have an argument. And the first one has 0 to with free will because its a contradiction. Do you know what a contradiction is? Apparently not. Now the free will idiocies are now at an end. You had your chance at it until you can refute the arguments, all the videos in which case I know you haven't watched in the argument section. If you bring it up again, it will be ignored. You as a so-called christian, in which there is no such a thing, has no free will because you believe in your god. I as an atheist has free will because I do not believe in your god. The end.
I told you about the three strike rule. You struck out miserably within the first three contradictions as you invented excuses for all three because you do not know any better. Now I'm getting really p**sed at you and having to repeat myself time after time. Oh and yeah, you show me anywhere within the first three contradiction where satan comes into play. That's an invented excuse on you part. Nowhere in contradictions is satan mentioned. That's entirely you - an excuse(s) which doesn't work.
"God knows that Satan is the key to free will." OK look, you are saying that satan has a power that is higher than that of your god, in which case you can not prove that either of them even exists for christ's sake, if he is as you say the "key to free will" in which is an utterly made up piece of bull on your part because you must know god better than he knows himself.
I'm done. Don't bother me again. Bye.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
It has a lot to do with free will, and I stole that argument from other debates. But coming from you saying I can't read... Based on your response, you only read three of my arguments; the three most difficult ones. You failed to read the other 9, which were easy to write because your arguments are all feeble. God knows that Satan is the key to free will... Maybe he helped? I honestly don't know, then. But justice is not evil, and God created justice. Yeah, that one I was wrong. But the rest of your arguments were considerably easier to destroy, even by a 16-year-old idiot like me. I get extra points for creativity, though.
I've been trying to go to a WOTE concert, but they don't have concerts where I live. I am going to Canada for two months this summer, and I've been trying to go with some of my cousins. The only problem is that I'll have a couple of summer jobs and a very busy summer.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
backwardseden
want to get it. You can't read. Pure and simple. Your response was totally 100% inadequate. But see here you are a 16 year old and me being 57, we communicate at different wavelengths. And I in being a lot older than you have amassed a lot more knowledge, especially on religion, on this very subject, from something in which you point blank invented excuses about and you know it.
1. has 0 to do with free will. You dug that one up from your hat. And I also showed you how if you believe in your god that you have no free will none which is irifutable.
2. You invented the excuse that god did not create hell, satan did. That means that satan is more powerful than your god according to you. Because that's something that your god cannot do. So obviously god is not god. Regardless you missed the point... if your god is so kind caring and loving, he cannot create hell - and or satan in which he did, thus this god of yours must have known what evil was, thus god is evil to have knowingly created evil.
3. Wipeout! Your god most certainly did regret. Genesis 6:6 "The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled." NIV
After 3 outings of your complete failures, sorry I could not go on.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
backwardseden
Mmmm wow well I did not know that the video version to Home We'll Go (certainly one of the inspirational songs ever composed and when I'm down and depressed its one song to cheer me up!). Now I do like the video better, but like the music better to the other version as I love the banjo as compared to the keys.

Now they will be touring the east coast in NOV. if you can, make every effort to see this band! They will be here for a third time practically in my back yard on Nov 1. Can I go? I dunno.

I've been following this band for roughly 8 years now, maybe a little less, and I'm so glad that finally this band has achieved the success they deserve and I'm not worried at all that it will go to their heads because I know it won't. I know they can and will handle it with dignity and integrity unlike most bands.

Yes, Their version to Hey Ya is truly miraculous. And to do it on one take? WHAT? Do you have any idea as to how much mega true talent that takes and they treat it like butter. The same is true for Cheerleader. And on Cheerleader when that ukulele is picked upped by Joel, he'd never picked it up before in his fricken life. And the tuba played by Beard guy, the same is true. That's not a tuba though. A tuba is bigger. A few of my musician friends who knows a lot more about music than I ever could, and I do know a lot believe me, they don't know what it is either.

Oh yeah I do love WOTE's movies. They are so poorly put together, but they know it, they obviously have fun doing it, there's no harm with them, and they are super corny and why argue with them? Their X-Mas one is the best one to date.

Oh yes, I 100% agree with you Sing it all Away is a masterpiece. Truly uplifting.
-----------------
Oh absolutely I can prove that your god does care, he cares about hate and evil. But nah you will reject anything he says from your turgid bible because you reject your god and you don't get it because you like nearly 100% of all supposed christians don't
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
cters...
Continued: You have also turned to flat-out denial, falsely claiming that I "cannot read" and not addressing my adequate response. We are very similar; we both find faults in other people, no matter what. But I do have a loving family that was not split by divorce and has strong affection and communication, I am in a relationship, and I have multiple friends both where I live and where I mostly grew up. I also have cousins that love to hang out with me, and I know that the feeling is mutual. Don't make fun of things you have no knowledge of. We both can learn from that statement.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Man, I love almost all of their songs. But I guess I'll give some links:
I love how they take Havana and mix it with the song it stole the background from. I also love their use of instruments.
An amazing collaboration. Both versions, the one with and without Steve, are unique and amazing. I also love the music video. It gives me the feels, you know?
So much better than the original. I love how they turn it truly musical, and their ingenuity in instruments is masterful. I also love the dude who dances and then jumps off of the screen.
I love the quirky style of this Karate Kid spoof. The lines are clever and funny, and the song itself is a masterpiece. They even included a Wilhelm scream, which I found hilarious.
I don't know why I love this song... I have a soft spot for the theme. I also love the style of the song and the fact that they used a trumpet. I love brass instruments.
I love the theme of this. I also love Great Big Sea and Fun, and this song is a mix of both of their styles. The message is a lot like the way I live, minus the drinking. "No worries here, let's all just sway. Top up your cup, let's sing it all away!" A carefree masterpiece.
I grew up knowing about the existence of God. Yet, I went through the angsty-teen phase where I rejected every aspect of my religion. Because of that, I chose to hear outside opinions. I heard from both atheists and theists of many religions but found truth in what Catholicism was teaching. Mostly. I definitely adapted it a lot, though, which was also my choice and has absolutely nothing to do with my upbringing. Everybody is born not caring about whether or not there is a God. Babies don't care. You also cannot prove that God doesn't. I ran out of chara
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Bruvton - So name some WOTE songs/ videos you believe are truly amazing and post the links please.

Ab-so-lu-te-ly not did you "chose" to believe in your god. Everybody, no exceptions are born atheists. So who taught you... more importantly groomed/ brooded/ indoctrinated you to believing in the monster terrorist that is your god that you know nothing about? You still have yet to state and or say anything good about this so-called god. Not only that, but naturally you cannot even prove that this god even exists. So the question remains - why believe? I'm not a broken record, you just go into flat out denial. Here's you and yet another reason why you have no genuine friends and loved ones... Even if someone were to agree with EXACTLY what you were to think and say, you would still manage to find fault with that person.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I know the reasons WOTE are amazing, that's why I love them so much. What I commented on your account was a rhetorical question. Sorry about that.
I love existence. Without it, there would be no fun. It is a gift, not a consequence. I chose to believe in my God, and I apparently chose to morph that belief into what I chose to believe. I have all of the traits you mentioned, that's why I brought up similar points to yours with the bishop of where I live. I forgot all of the answers, but they were masterful. We both sound like broken records most of the time by repeating the same points because both of us reject our opposition no matter what. You cannot fully prove God doesn't exist, either. It's a mystery, and some people are very sure of their solution. I tend to disagree with a lot of interpretations of God, though. In essence, I disagree with Islam, and I can't say why because it is illegal where I live. thereligionofpeace.com is a website you would enjoy to read, but it is banned where I live. Come to think of it, preaching any religion besides Islam is illegal where I live, and I'm technically preaching Christianity... Bonus points to me, because that is the source of my consequence.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
backwardseden
Breathing, like existence is a consequence to YOU. Sadly. I get it. I'm not stupid. Its not hard to figure out what metal water running though your veins. "Telepathy would be cheating." Oh well garsh there Free Willy, you don't think that YOUR god cheats? What ever gave you the first clue? Since when do---you---have---free---will? What on earth are you squawking about? You believe in your god. Sorry, you ain't god no free will. I have the common sense, logic, reasoning, thinking, rationalizing in which your god has nothing to do with, to not believe in your god so I have free will. That was more that proved in the debate and I'm not going to get into it with you again. "I don't think I know God better than himself" Ab-so-lu-te-ly you do because you cannot even prove your god exists. And you are in control because you don't need to deal with the power then the fear that nearly all religions have which only leads to control.

WOTE - 1. the best cover band in the world. 2. SUPER MEGA TALENTED. Each member plays 10 or more instruments. 3. They invent their own instruments. 4. They LOVE what they are doing. That's impossible to out-trump. When a friend of mine and I saw them a few years ago they all had smiles on their faces before they took the stage. When they left the stage they had smiles on their faces. When they came back for their encores they had smiles on their faces. When they left they had smiles on their faces. Impossible to beat. And super rare. Most bands go through the "so what I bored" motions. They will be here in Orlando on Nov 1. Who knows, we may see them again? 5. Their videos are infections. And some of them are to the "impossible" factor as to how they were made with true raw talent. 6. They offer hope like none other. They named themselves WOTE so that when you have problems you can WOTE. 7. They appeal to ---everybody. When a friend of mine and I saw them there were kinds age 7 and grandparents ages 70 at the show. Amazing. etc etc etc.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
What I ineffectively described was that telepathy on a global scale would be cheating. With only the profits having this gift (they chose to listen), we still have that juicy uncertainty.