brynmcdaniel
Negotiate

Hilary Swank, Hot or Not?

brynmcdaniel has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

brynmcdaniel

Pro

Watch The Office. They prove that she's hot. That's my argument.
Negotiate

Con

Welcome to Debate.org! I noticed it's your first debate- I may not be a "licensed professional" on this site, but feel free to ask me anything or message/debate me whenever.

So, I have an interesting story for this question- I recently binged through the Office like a champ. This episode is one of my favorites, and is a question I have been asking for awhile now. I even, believe it or not, started a debate about this- unfortunately, me and my contender we're unable to complete it, however. During the debate, I was pro- but as my contender made his/her points, I considered a change of mind- thus, I'm here debating as con.

Anecdote aside, let's start this thing shall we?

My claim is that, while the Office tries to provide excellent reasoning as to why Hilary Swanks is hot- this reasoning is flawed and I have science to back me up.

Look forward to hearing from you and thanks for the debate!
brynmcdaniel

Pro

Thanks for welcoming me man!
This debate is solely based on definition. In order to find common ground, can you coincide with the dictionary definitions of hot? The dictionary definitions of hot are, "having a high degree of heat or a high temperature" and "sexually attractive." Hilary Swank is literally hot because she lives in California. She is figuratively hot because not only is her face symmetrical, she is indisputably in shape. According to https://www.telegraph.co.uk..., that is required for virtually all sexual attraction.
Negotiate

Con

Great start choosing to negotiate a definition- yes, that is an excellent and totally acceptable definition to use. You actually led me to my first couple of points-

1. Her face isn't symmetrical.
2. While she may be fit, her shape is actually artificial.
3. Yes, that is a true and insightful study, but Swank does NOT fit the standards.

I will cover these more in the next couple of rounds if all goes as planned.

*Note: I am not an English major, so my grammars is poor, very.