MesserMessesUpEverything
SHARINGISCARINGg

Hitler was no atheist

MesserMessesUpEverything has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

MesserMessesUpEverything

Pro

Many religious people claim Adolf Hitler was an atheist with nothing more than stating it as fact. I will be arguing that Hitler was a religious man, I will also be using historical evidence and quotes from Hitler himself, I expect the same from my challenger.
The first round will be accepting; second will be an argument and third will counter-argument.

Good luck!
SHARINGISCARINGg

Con

I was looking through the debates, because I have to get three debates in before I am allowed to vote, and I saw this one. I was very surprised at first, and I look forward to seeing the result of this debate.

I will start by directing your attention to Hitler's actions. Particularly murder. Of about 11 million people. How can someone who murders on that degree not be an atheist? And what religion did he follow?
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
We can do it on another debate, same site.

I think we'll just focus on Hitler for now, I'm not sure about the entire movement, though many of his close associates were against Christians as he was.

Hitler used Christianity for political gains, he wasn't Christian in the slightest. When we have the debate, I will prove this.
Posted by MesserMessesUpEverything 3 years ago
MesserMessesUpEverything
Also, I said, "he could have been using Christianity as a promotional tactic as some politician do today," not, " it was only for political gains." Trump claims to be Christian, I don't think he is because he could not name single book in the Bible, but I have friends who claim they are Christians and know nothing other than, Jesus died for our sin. But, I can not make a claim they are not what they say they are, so I take them at their word.
MesserMessesUpEverything
Yeah, that works. Do you just want to do it on here? If we do it on here, there will be no time limit or round restriction, or I can just start a new debate. Your call. Also, just to be clear, you agree that the Nazi moment was Christian, just not Hitler?
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
@MesserMessesUpEverything,

We can debate whether or not he was Christian, as you said yourself, it was only for political gains.

I have a google docx file, it's about ten pages. I can post each segment one at a time. Does that work?
MesserMessesUpEverything
@Judaism -

It is arduous to say if Hitler was a genuine believing Christian, although he did claim himself, and his movement, to be so because he could have been using Christianity as a promotional tactic as some politician do today. But, I do say we take Hitler at his word after all he would know his beliefs best.

Not sure how I was vague, "religious people" mean mostly Christians (I"m in the U.S). I thought I was straightforward, if there is something else you are referring to, let me know and I will elaborate.

If you would like, I can start a new debate called, "Hitler and the Nazis were Christian." For this debate, I was looking to keep it short and simple by just debunking that Hitler was an atheist.
But it sounds like you would be fun to debate with on this subject, so let me know!
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
Are you saying Hitler was a Christian? Because if so, I can prove without a doubt, that he wasn't such. Yes, he was religious, but he wasn't Christian. Let me know if this is the case and I'll debate you in a heartbeat - (luckily for my sake, I've already done extensive research on this for my blog).

And next time, don't be so vague.