kathy_debater
YeetSkeet

Homework is better than video games

kathy_debater

Pro

Why everyone prefers video games? Sitting in front of your computer cause physical problems while it also causes mental problems. If you are addicted to video games you will stay at home all day playing instead of meeting friends (unless you go inviting them to play with you, Which is highly not recommend). What about homework? Doing homework all day does cause physical problems, But you can't be addicted to it, So if you arrange your time well you can still exercise and meet friends to reduce your stress.
YeetSkeet

Con

Alright, Instead of writing a goddamn essay, I'm just going to respond to what you have claimed.
"Why does everyone prefer video games? "
Because it is fun and entertaining, Puts you on a whole new world instead of raising your stress
"If you are addicted to video games you will stay at home all day playing instead of meeting friends (unless you go inviting them to play with you, Which is highly not recommend). "
Yes, IF you are addicted. You are claiming like 100% of all people who play games are addicted. It is a parent's responsibility to help your child not become addicted. Also why do you not want people to invite friends? Do you think it's some sort of virus?
Also homework has a less chance of making friends than video games. It's not some sort of all mighty social activity.
"But you can't be addicted to it"
Yes you can, If put through massive stress from your parents or close ones
"So if you arrange your time well you can still exercise and meet friends to reduce your stress. "
Same goes for video-games but they do not cause stress

Saying that, I think you're probably just some parent. No right-minded person would say this to be honest. Homework doesn't really learn anything either considering they're just recaps of the lesson in class. It is an ineffective way to learn anything really, Anything it does is give you hand cramps. And with that, Your turn
kathy_debater

Pro

Now let me further explain what I mean. See, I didn't say 100% of people who play video games will be addicted. Yes, For a child, His or her parents have the responsibility to stop the child from being addicted. But 99% is not successful (which I will continue the disadvantages later). And why did you think people can be addicted to doing homework? If others give you stress you are not going to be fond of it!
While you are happily playing your beloved video games, Have you thought of the long-term effects? You might say that you are not addicted to the games, But I've just said, 99% of parents are unable to stop their child. If you are an adult, Well, The case is much worse as you aren't supervised by anyone and you can easily get yourself addicted! You said the game puts you into a whole new world. See? That makes it easy to let you forget your realistic side and cause you to become an addict! You also pointed out that video games do not cause stress. Well, Mentally, Yes, But it does cause physical stress.
I"m not saying I"m a doctor or anything, But health is a person"s must. Also, I am no parent. What do you think about my argument? Your turn.
YeetSkeet

Con

Thank you for your response, Let's see what we have here

"But 99% is not successful"
Are you talking about parents being successful to stop addiction or the success of the child in adulthood? Because both of those are wrong

"If others give you stress you are not going to be fond of it! "
Here's what I meant: If your mother constantly stresses you out to do homework because you won't be successful, Then you will be addicted to homework, Constantly fearing that you won't be successful

"99% of parents are unable to stop their child. "
Okay so it is about parents. . . . Which is wrong. You are the parent, You decide what you child does, If you see he/she play a bit too much videogames, You can tell her/him to take a break. Also that a very bold statistic you have there

"If you are an adult, Well, The case is much worse as you aren't supervised by anyone and you can easily get yourself addicted! "
If you are a well raised adult or just an adult with common sense then you won't get addicted. You're saying that the adult isn't supervised, So that means they're in a house of their own, Which they have to pay rent for, Which they have to work for. . .

"You said the game puts you into a whole new world. See? That makes it easy to let you forget your realistic side and cause you to become an addict! "
Blaming the video-games for a person's responsibility, I can predict that you will do that a lot

"You also pointed out that video games do not cause stress. Well, Mentally, Yes, But it does cause physical stress. "
Again, Blaming the video-games for a person's responsibility. Also you can quit video-games, Homework? Not so much
A person addicted to homework will also cause mental stress AND physical stress.

I point this out because you like putting addiction into your arguments
Your turn
kathy_debater

Pro

kathy_debater forfeited this round.
YeetSkeet

Con

Welp, Pro forfeited, Vote Con! YeetSkeet out
Posted by valganis 3 years ago
valganis
Dependent on GENRE*, My slip up. Forgive me, O' mighty lords of Debate. Org!
Posted by valganis 3 years ago
valganis
Oh, Boy, This debate.
1. Homework sharpens knowledge, But. . .
2. Video Games, Dependant on drama, Often fill in on the lack of creativity homework is known for and encourages for the strengthening of the right side of the brain. This, However, Is signature only to certain genres, Such as MMORPGs like World of Warcraft. From personal experience, It does in fact provide some right-side brain training.

AKA, A healthy mixture of both should be maintained in my experience.
Posted by Skye2468 3 years ago
Skye2468
lol