YeshuaBought
Fatbstrd

Hope for grieving parents: Do dead children go to Heaven?

YeshuaBought has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

YeshuaBought

Pro

Please read: https://www.gotquestions.org... and present your opinions on the article. He or she is only guilty that has reached the age of accountability. The age of accountability is a state of mind in which a human being is able to possess a basic understanding of God, and Satan, good and evil, etc. The age at which this happens vaies and some people never reach this state. I did when I was about 8 years old when I understood my need for God. I understand this is a sensitive topic and will be mindful of the needs of my opponent as well as being gracious if I should lose this debate. I am not the best or the britest, but remain committed to Yeshua who I will call Jesus and the Bible which is His Holy Spirit's Holy and inspired scripture. I welcome free speech, but let's be mindful that this topic is sensitive and hurting people might read this. Let's be honest and kind at the same time, and please read and consider the evidence I have provided. Shalom!
Fatbstrd

Con

I have read your link and agree with the sensitivity. While this is a delicate subject for most, the scriptures do speak to the state of the dead, we can find many passages for clarification. Let's look in the book of Acts.

Whom YAHUAH has raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be held of it. For David speaks concerning him, I foresaw YAHUAH always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because you will not leave my soul in She'ol, neither will you suffer your Holy One to see corruption. You have made known to me the ways of life; you shall make me full of joy with your countenance. Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. ACTS 2:24-29

From this passage we can see David relied on the promise of salvation (Yahshuah), that his soul would not be left in she'ol, though his soul is still obviously there in the tomb. This is perfectly in line with the concept of death from the Tanak, the fact being only YAHUAH brings Yahshuah (salvation of Yah). Let's look at what his son says of death.

For that which befalls the sons of men befalls beasts; even one thing befalls them: as the one dies, so dies the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man has no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again. Who knows the ruach of man that goes upward, and the ruach of the beast that goes downward to the earth? Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him? ECCLESIASTES 3:19-22

The dead await salvation which only comes in YAHUAH and in His time.

The humble inherit the earth.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
The article/the bible states, "I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me." This could be literal in the sense that David may go to the kid's tomb stone but the kid won't actually do anything, since they are dead. The article states that it is unclear, "The Bible does not specifically say whether or not an unborn child who dies goes to heaven."
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
No they become atoms just like the parents..That is what we know.
Posted by Im_Intelligent 3 years ago
Im_Intelligent
in*
Posted by Im_Intelligent 3 years ago
Im_Intelligent
Where is the bible does it ever mention "The age of accountability"
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta