backwardseden
TheRealBatman117

How Can Intelligent People Overlook God's Contradictions?

backwardseden has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Pro

Taken from - http://howgodworks.com...;
If you are a Christian, you believe in God and Jesus. But have you ever taken the time to sit down and think about how your God works in our world?

You have read all about God in the Bible, heard all of these stories about God at church, but how does this information stack up here in the real world? Thinking through the implications can be an interesting and informative exercise that teaches you a great deal about God.

The most interesting part of the process is the contradictions that immediately and inevitably arise as soon as you begin thinking about God. Contradictions are interesting because they can prove that something is impossible.

Here are a dozen easy-to-understand contradictions that indicate the impossibility of the God story you have been taught:

1. God is defined in Christian mythology as perfect, omniscient and omnibenevolent. But he creates planet earth to be a place where billions of people end up in intense suffering (e.g. diseases, natural disasters, deep poverty, starvation, miscarriages, parasites, etc.). The contradiction is this: If God is omniscient, he knew that the suffering would occur, but an omnibenevolent and perfect being cannot create a place filled with suffering.

2. In Christian mythology, a perfect, omniscient and omnibenevolent God creates a place of eternal torture and torment called hell, and in the mythology sends billions of people to hell without recourse. Most Baptist churches (largest protestant denomination in the U.S.) have something like this in their statement of faith: “That all who reject Christ will be in Hell and the Lake of Fire forever in the conscious torment of literal fire. ” Hell is unquestionably evil. The contradiction: an all-good, all-loving being cannot create an evil place. The second contradiction: an omniscient being who is all-good and all-loving cannot create anyone omnisciently, knowing they will end up in hell, without violating his definition.

3. In Christian mythology, God starts with a blank sheet of paper as an omniscient being, custom-creates a universe, planet and species to his perfect specifications, then ends up hating what he created to the point where he he feels the need to destroy it in a world-wide flood. The contradiction: An omniscient being cannot regret what he creates.

4. In Christian mythology, God is the “absolute moral authority” and is “absolutely good”. But then he floods the entire planet, killing nearly everything: men, women, children, infants, animals, insects, etc. The flood is an absolutely evil act. The contradiction: An absolutely good being cannot perform an absolutely evil act. By performing the act, God is evil.

5. In Christian mythology, God requires a human sacrifice to appease himself. The idea of human sacrifice alone is absolutely evil. Even more bizarre: Jesus is the chosen human sacrifice, and Jesus is God according to the doctrine of the Trinity. So God sacrifices himself to himself to be happy. The contradiction: sacrificing yourself to yourself is ridiculous.

6. In Christian mythology, God must remain “hidden” lest he take away faith. However, he also incarnates himself, writes a best-selling book, answers billions of prayers, has personal relationships. etc. The contradiction: A being cannot simultaneously hide and incarnate himself, answer prayers, and publish a book. What you realize, if you keep thinking it through, is that the Bible is a book of mythology, the incarnation is a myth, every “answered prayer” is simply a coincidence, and the belief in prayer is a superstition. Thus it is not the case that God is hidden, but instead that God is imaginary.

7. In Christian mythology, God is all-powerful. However, God also needs your money. Lots and lots of money. A tithe of 10% of your income to be exact. The contradiction: A real God who can create a universe and a planet would not need any money from you.

8. In Christian mythology, God wants you to sell everything and give the money to the poor. However, in the real world, God is complicit with the Vatican, which has billions of dollars in gold and other assets stored away despite the teachings of its savior.

9. In Christian mythology, God is absolutely good. But God is also silent while thousands of Catholic priests sexually abuse thousands of young boys. The contradiction: standing silent and doing nothing while knowing about such an atrocity is evil.

10. In Christian mythology, God is ready to have a “personal relationship” with people. However, God still needs pastors and priests to do the talking on Sunday. The contradiction: If God has a personal relationship with his followers, he would simply talk to his followers himself.

11. In Christian mythology, God is an omniscient being who writes a book called the Bible. The contradiction is that the Bible contains nothing but the things we would expect a pre-scientific culture 2,000 years ago to know about. There is no mention of DNA, bacteria, viruses, medical procedures, immune systems, galaxies, science, mathematics, space, orbital mechanics, the age of the universe, fossils, extinct species, etc. If an omniscient being were writing or “inspiring” a book, we would see signs of omniscience.

12. In Christian mythology, God answers the prayers of middle-class Americans by the millions. But in the real world, God lets millions of children die of things like starvation and simple diseases every year. If you think this through, you will realize that every “answered prayer” is simply a coincidence and the belief in prayer is a superstition.

RULES:
For this debate prove that god and the bible are NOT filled with super massive hypocritical contradictions and inconsistencies thus making them whole and pure.

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to participate in the voting process
TheRealBatman117

Con

I can't prove you wrong because the Bible was written by man.
backwardseden

Pro

You ignorant f--k. People like you who are totally incapable of debating should be taken out to the bikini kill wasteland of human disposal skunk perfume hairy armpit with fire ants nibbling at your you know where areas so you can get a new high so when you do your concrete parachuting as you put on your garlic onion beer deodorant beer deodorant belly at a nun's pep rally.
In other words, you being the dimwitted dullard noosed sow snot meat sow should have no accepted this debate. Duh. But then again you being a christian, you should know that your god is a super massive hypocritical contradiction based on a super inflated ego at any rate because all you have to go on is that man made bible in which your god would not communicate in text form to begin with, the worst form of communication possible.
TheRealBatman117

Con

First of all, it's not mythology, second of all f**k you to. God is not hypocritical, he can't avoid coincidence. Also don't say "Christian Mythology". Just because you don't believe in it, doesn't make it true! Have you heard of Pascal's Wager, in which he wagers "If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.), whereas they stand to receive infinite gains (as represented by eternity in Heaven) and avoid infinite losses".

Beat that wank*r!
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
So your next RD is to debunk all 3 of the arguments as neatly provided here for this RD and come up with legitimate 3 more reasons for me to debunk and or with a legitimate link for me to verify with what you are saying is true. Regardless, And think about it, If that link is true or not, It was proven to be false as CNN certainly does outshine nearly everything that you would be able to come up with.
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
Does every man sin? Yes. There is no man who does not sin (I Kings 8:46; see also 2 Chronicles 6:36; Proverbs 20:9; Ecclesiastes 7:20; and I John 1:810)
No. True Christians cannot possibly sin, Because they are the children of God. Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God. (I John 5:1). We should be called children of God; and so we are (I John 3: 1). He who loves is born of God (I John 4:7). No one born of God commits sin; for Gods nature abides in him, And he cannot sin because he is born of God (I John 3:9). But, Then again, Yes! If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, And the truth is not in us (I John 1:8)
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
| The Atheist Experience 24. 39
Not only that but"
"The problem is you"re only taking Pascal's Wager to one thing. For one thing, Pascal's Wager could be saying "What if you are wrong about one thing? Well OK what if you are wrong about which religion is right? " The mere fact that you can show that there are religions you can show are false doesn"t take into consideration as to which one you should follow. So do you begin to follow the one with the best heaven or the worst hell? Or do you go with the one that has the best odds of being true? Or do you go to the one with the most followers? Or do you go with the one that is most scientifically accurate? What is the methodology you are going to pick which religion you are going to go with even if you"ve accepted a version of Pascal's Wager? " Matt Dillahunty
----------
Another reason why it is much better to be an atheist in comparison to being a theist which is problem #3 for you to debunk"
Atheists do not have to carry around the baggage of "sin". How ridiculous is "sin"? After all, You as a supposed christian in which case there is no such thing as a christian, You MUST carry around with you everywhere you go, Constantly looking over your shoulder wondering if you"ve behaved in accordance with your supposed unproven god"s checks and balances if you are going to be sent to a mythical "hell". The thing is" "sin" does not exist if a god does not exist. You nor anyone in the history of the human race has ever been able to prove that a god from any religion exists. So why even believe in that comfoddery until proven? What a ridiculous waste of expenditure in which case you nor anyone knows anything about? And besides, It"s so contradictory in your ridiculous bible, And you nor anyone has the faintest clue as to where you can possibly stand?
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
My heart, And my faith, Shattered. "
To back that up"
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=rahw_YwTfZ0 - Atheists Don't Evaluate Evidence for God Correctly
You have 2 sets of parents that believe in god with dying children and they both pray exactly as hard and use exactly the same prayers. One child dies, The other doesn't. Is there justification for faith in god for the parents of the child who has died?

Whoa buster boy did you step over the brown and curvy line"
"This is a result that's better than actual medication, Which has a 60% efficacy rate. "
Really? Medication has a 60% efficacy rate? According to what? You? How would you know? What grade of imbecile gestures leaving the shy-town of Las Vegas did your twirly bird you call a cabbage batbrain come up with that moldy sock of a toilet for that one in which case you clearly without exception know ab-so-lu-te-ly nothing about?
Wow. DO NOT EVER state or make hypotheses for others that depend or even in the most minute of detail on their meds, Such as myself, In which case sometimes they do work and sometimes they don"t, As you are certainly no expert by any means in this field. Each and every single person is different and should be treated differently. K?
----------
"It should also be noted, That fundamentally, There is no risk to being wrong about religion. "
Problem #2. Actually there 100% is which is why atheism is far far farrrrrrrr better than theism for you to debunk. So your problem is more than easily debunked. You clearly did not think this one though. Otherwise you would have not mentioned it. Especially if this unproven god orders you to commit murder for the most absurd things such as for working on the sabbath and picking up sticks, Blaspheme, Cursing at your parents, Not worshiping it, If you are gay, Etc etc etc.
It really got into it with the most recent episode of The Atheist Experience a week ago"
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=G9DV9s2vcO8 - Why Try Convincing People They Are Wrong?
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
Woah. "reason for his faith. "
Huh? Um nope. I"m an atheist. That may have ruined your arguments. But let"s see.

"It's clear that human beings are fundamentally miserable. "
Well gee. So your argument is?

"Christianity, And other religions, Provide a safe and productive manner to pull oneself out of this misery. "
According to what valid source? The link you tried to post, Doesn"t work. It"s a very bad link and you probably don"t even know why. So your entire debate is hinged on one source? Really? Obviously since I cannot verify the link you provided, In which case pretty near your entire RD was based upon, So most of your entire RD goes into default mode.
Here"s a link for you that doesn"t work by DDO coding standards, So I cannot post it, However you can copy and paste the title of the link into your google search engine and it will be the second link available.
"Christianity and depression: It's complicated"
So that"s #1 for a very big number 1 as to why atheism is better than theism for you to debunk. And your problem is easily debunked regardless.
"I noticed "7 weeks" on the screen. That can't be right, I thought. I'm almost 12 weeks.
The intensity of the exam slowed to a crawl. A doctor slipped into the room. The two conferred, And slowly the fuzzy picture came into view. "The baby doesn't have a heartbeat, " the doctor said gently, Almost apologetically. The realization of those words sunk into my being. "No! " I screamed. "No, No, No! "

Hot tears stung my eyes, Betraying my desire to maintain any sense of composure. A trickle of tears quickly became a stream. "Can you check again? " I squeaked, Desperate for hope. They checked. Still no heartbeat. They ushered my sons out of the room, And my husband and I to an office for counseling. My mind was in a fog, Struggling to comprehend how our lives could change so drastically in seconds. The doctor presented several options. I'm not sure I processed any of them.
Our family limped away that day,
Posted by intenzfrost 3 years ago
intenzfrost
Christian roots are pagan, bible is corrupt,
have you tried learning Hebrew and learning what bible really says?
God ? idk what god you speak of but in Hebrew bible his name is written YHWH
The book of Enoch has all questions you seek, trust me you will not be disappointed.
If he is perfect , that doesn't mean his creation will be perfect.
because free will is in equation.
if he tests us, where is the good decision or bad one?
there is just disobedience right? ahhhhhh yea...
if I would explain everything I would ruin your path to him,
don't think because certain type of people gave you an answer your not agreeing with
don't think it means there is not creator.
take it from me, I was a Christian ,
found all contraditions, then became atheist
but I knew corruption of religion.
so I thought this, I will not believe in religion
but I will seek him, because he does say do not let man deceive you..
he says seek me and you will find,
have a sincere heart and seek him .
he says to test all things, I tested his promises and I wasn't disappointed,
but ill tell you one things, the path for truth will bring crazy things if your actually seeking truth.
anyone reading this that whats some answers on what the hell I speak of message me
intenzifrost @gmail.com
Posted by What50 3 years ago
What50
Wonder who would win a debate Viceregent or you lol.