ViceRegent
RileySchlick

How do atheists ratiionally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

ViceRegent

Con

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY.

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. So, what atheist can give me a rational way atheists know truth from fiction?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate.
RileySchlick

Pro

We atheists don't know truth from fiction perfectly, which is similar to the way catholics don't know if god exists for sure, they just have faith. I live by the words, "you gotta see it to believe it" and that is why I don't think God is real. There is no proof whatsoever that god exists.
ViceRegent

Con

Another atheist loser takes the stage and utterly fails to answer the question. Listen, fool, I did not ask you if you know truth from fiction perfectly, but by what methodology you rationally know it at all. You say "seeing is believing", but you did not see this, which means you are irrationally refuting your own epistemology. You lose. Next?
RileySchlick

Pro

How does this sound, Atheists don't rationally know truth from fiction any better than Catholics do. It's a very vague question "how do atheists rationally know truth from fiction" because if it's about how we know whether god is real or fictitious, we don't know for sure. We think it's ridiculous that religious people believe in god though, because there is no reason to believe he's there. So, we don't know truth from fiction any better than your religion does.
Posted by Midnight_Wind 1 year ago
Midnight_Wind
To Castaway, You sure about that? *is looking at the completed debate round*
Posted by Castaway 1 year ago
Castaway
Sorry, I meant the reason you've not got someone to actually go through this, not just accept, seeing as people have done this. Your point seems to make an insinuation about atheists that applies to all humans. Like me saying "Why haven't Black People learnt how to go at lightspeed?" I'm not sure why you're specifying a particular group, seeing as the question doesn't change if "people" is inserted instead.
Posted by Castaway 1 year ago
Castaway
The reason you've not got someone to accept this yet is because it's absurd. For any human, theist or atheist, it needs to be assumed that the world is perceivable through our senses. Without that, no one has anything. I'm curious how you think theists rationally know truth from fiction.