ViceRegent
fishhunter61

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

fishhunter61

ViceRegent

Con

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO, BY WHAT METHOD DOES ANY ATHEIST CLAIM TO RATIONALLY KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. I have even put it in capital letters for those to dense to get it. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate.
fishhunter61

Pro

Hi, I'll be debating this with you. First know I am a Christian, not an Atheist. Second, I took this debate so you could stop spamming it on DDO. Please Stop. You have done it so many times, and honestly no one cares. Third, I believe I can win this, so let's get started.

My Claim:
Atheists, along with everyone else, Religious or Not, rationally know truth from fiction.

Because my opponent has lacked to give me clear definitions, I will give some.
Definitions:

Method:a particular form of procedure for accomplishing or approaching something.

Atheist:
a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

Rational: based on or in accordance with reason or logic.

Truth:
the quality or state of being true.

Fiction: a belief or statement that is false

Percive: interpret (someone or something) in a particular way

My Opponent's Argument:
My opponent asks the question, "SO, BY WHAT METHOD DOES ANY ATHEIST CLAIM TO RATIONALLY KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION?"
Besides being in full caps, my opponents argument is quite poorly written. He also proves no defintions. I could easily argue that atheists know the diffrence between truth and imaginary events in a book. However I will argue it how it was intended.

My Argument:
First, I want my opponent to look at this quote.
"Fact is not created but perceived while fiction is always created by imagination." [1]
Percive means interpret something.
So, I could interpret that god exists, and I could also interpret god doesn't exist.
So, both sides believe they have evidance for or against god, so one could rationally belive either way.

Now it boils down to what method they use.
So, the method that both atheists and christian use to determine truth vs fiction is one thing, Free Will.
With Free Will, one can choose what evidance, and what side people believe. Both Atheist and Christans use this method.

I'm done, Please stop posting this on DDO.
Vote Pro

Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Left shoe on left fod. Right shoe on right fod. They say they can get it right every time..Must be fiction...Or not...
Vote Placed by evanjfarrar 1 year ago
evanjfarrar
ViceRegentfishhunter61Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro adequately refuted Con's argument by contending that both atheists and theists can behave rationally. Con is extremely confrontational to the point where it is blatantly offensive.
Vote Placed by jo154676 1 year ago
jo154676
ViceRegentfishhunter61Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro used a source that really helped his argument and con did not use any therefore sources go to pro