Shuaibie
xXx_EggDestroyer_xXx

Humans are addicted to water

Shuaibie has forfeited round #2.
Started: 3/26/2018 Category: Arts

Shuaibie

Pro

Water is the most addictive substance on Earth. The longest anyone has not had water is 18 days because it is so addictive. The withdrawals are the worst and can even cause death. Once humans start drinking water, they cannot get off the substance until they die.
xXx_EggDestroyer_xXx

Con

I would like to thank my gracious opponent for already conceding defeat by beginning such a debate as this.

I would first like to begin my debate with stating that there is a distinct difference between an addictive substance and something that is required for physiological function to continue. This is where water falls, with our body being made up of some 75% water it is hard to imagine that one can be addicted to something that comprises some 75% of their own body. The addiction of a substance and or substance abuse requires one to physically or mentally rely on a substance in order to cope with something in their life be it emotional, physical, or social. This is where the lines don't meet as water clearer doesn't have that addictive effect that drugs like caffeine, alcohol, and ice among others have and rely on. It is because of this key factor that water is not addictive and is merely a key component in physiological function in all living things.