Our_Boat_is_Right
St_Francis_of_Assenine

I Like the Way Fox News Reports Way More than CNN

St_Francis_of_Assenine has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

What I mean by this is the following:

CNN claims to be unbiased whenever they report, Even in the clearly bias night shows such as Anderson Cooper 360, CNN Tonight w/ Don Lemon, Cuomo Primetime, Erin Burnett OutFront, Etc.

Fox News claims to be unbiased in their day programming, Which is true. Examples of these are the Special Report w/ Bret Baier, OutNumbered, Shepard Smith Reporting, Fox and Freinds, Etc.

However, They do not claim to be unbiased in their night shows, Where they have clear republican/conservative bias. Examples of these are Tucker Carlson Tonight, Hannity, The Ingraham Angle, The Story w/ Martha MacCallum, Etc.

In conclusion, CNN claims to be unbiased even when they clearly are, Where as Fox News says they are unbiased when they are unbiased (Day reporting), And bias when they are bias (night shows).

I guess this is what the left has become now, Though.
St_Francis_of_Assenine

Con

I guess this is what the right"s understanding of bias has become" I was just going to ignore this waste of thought but your stab at understanding and stating for the rest of us what the left once was and has now become was a royal flop.

First off, Where are your facts/proof/examples? Thinks like "CNN claims to be". " And "Fox News claims to be"" are begging for concrete examples. Your argument isn"t one stance in a debate" it"s just your argument. That being said its wrong (the answer is that both are equally biased) and here"s why:

Bias is inclination or preference that influences judgment from being balanced or even-handed (http://www. Businessdictionary. Com/definition/bias. Html). This means basically they choose to prevent you from accessing the who/what/where/when of a story without also accessing the why " their why ("they" is anybody in this context).

Bias in the news business manifests itself in any number of ways " the stories presented, The order in which they"re presented, The tools they use to present one v. Another, Etc. " Any decision a newspaper of media outlet editor actually decides is subject to bias almost 100% of the time.

I applaud you for grasping the difference b/w a media outlet honestly stating fact or opinion, But they don"t have to, And in this case the argument is a straight up red herring! What you"re asking yourself is "Is the outlet stating that they"re giving me fact or opinion? They are? Feels honest. (It"s not). "

On TV, You might want to try to pick out the "news" (information (stories) on who/what/where/when) stories/programs from the intermittently interspersed "talking head/opinion" pieces, But it"s a fruitless endeavor. Less than 1% of the time does either network actually report the who, What, Where, And when of a story" they"re far too busy with why (of course, Their why).

People get confused " there is NOTHING "binding" these companies from publishing "news" in the first place, And as you would guess 99% of everything on both networks should be defined (though they do not) as "talking head/opinion" and as such, Produced with bias for your biased consumption.

Arguing one is more biased than another is a fallacy in the first place.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

For me, It says "post your argument for round 3" wait what? It is only round 2! I tried to post an argument anyway, But when I pressed "submit" it went back to the home page as usual, But didn't show con had to post an argument for the next round, But rather me! It didn't even show my argument, And when I did try to post an argument for the second straight time, My text was completely erased. DDO needs to be fixed.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Wait whattttt? DDO literally just posted my comment as a debate round and skipped round 2. What is happening lol im so confused ddo plz get mods
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
DDO is so messed up
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
It doesn't say "fox news reports way more than cnn" it says "i like the WAY fox reports than the WAY CNN reports" That is what I meant. I thought the grammar was pretty self-explanatory.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
Does Fox really report more then CNN? Your debate title says Fox does.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Fox has bias sometimes, Like I stated. However, In the day shows or morning shows, It is usually unbiased and presented with both sides of the argument. However, In the day, It seems they tend to have more republican guests on, But the bias is minimal. For example, Chris Wallace. He doesn't like Trump that much, And is an independent or maybe slightly left-leaning.

But yes, Fox has bias in there night shows distinctively from day shows. It is your opinion Hannity lies, He just puts his opinion on things, Which you might not agree with. However, They don't claim to be unbiased in night shows which infroms viewers they are tuning into republican/conservative leaning shows.
Posted by hopefullycalm 3 years ago
hopefullycalm
Hi, Bleeding heart liberal here.

I think all media has bias but as long as we are aware of it we can be more informed. You'd be lying to yourself if you say fox has no bias. I'd be lying to myself if i said vox (my favorite place to get news) has no bias. I think if we are able to get our news from a variation of sides we can figure out how the different sides are skewing the information so we can understand the news better. I read* fox just to understand the perspective

Also Hannity makes it look like he's a journalist and once called himself a journalist. He lies on his show often and legally can because in the past he would claim he's just a radio talk host or something.

*everybody read your news people are inflammatory for ratings on TV plz just read your news.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
There's nothing we can do. The left has somehow made a narrative that there political bias is only facts and there is no bias involved. The left is becoming more and more extreme.
Posted by Debataholic 3 years ago
Debataholic
If we keep talking about. . . THEM, They won't go away! :(
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
How do we take back the media?