NKJVPrewrather
D4R

I don't want to support abortion. Do I have that right?

NKJVPrewrather has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

NKJVPrewrather

Pro

Yes I have wavered in my right to life stance, but I am sorry and remain committed to the right of all people to live and not be tortured. Killing a human person outside of preserving you immediate safety or that of someone else is murder. It's called birth control or CONENTING women having their tubes removed, not relying on homicide as birth control. How can I call myself a human right advocate if I think elective homicide is ethical? I was a fetus, and while I am also a free speech advocate to the point of almost absolute certainty, I reserve the right to my own speech to say how rude it is to say that someone's mother coulda shoulda woulda killed them. I am not sure when life begins, but the right of people who do not threaten the immediate safety of others is absolute. Let's obviously talk about supporting families in avoiding abortion and allowing rape and domestic abuse victims the absolute moral and legal right to choose adoptive parents for their unwanted children. Let's promoye and improve the adoption and foster care system. How about a child tax credit. Not judging single mothers who do their best and let Jesus do the rest like my mother does. It is sexist and wrong to say women and girls need to murder unborn people to be stron ladies. Finally, I will leave you with this: Jesus Christ who is God incarnate was a fetus. Is the antilife crowd trying to kill Him like they did 2000 years ago when the Father sent Him to be tortured to death on the cross to be our Yeshua or Salvation? If you are truely a human right advocate, support unborn humans.
D4R

Con

First thing"s first: This is NOT a theological debate, so let"s leave your comments on Christ out. There are other religions, and none of them have true evidence they are real, so, therefore, you cannot use it as an argument.

Second point: Is it really a human, at this point? It"s not it"s own life form. And at the stage most are killed, it is a bunch of cells. Your immune system kills thousands of cells every day. Is that the same? No. Also, with that criteria, it is mass murder whenever a male masturbates, as they are killing hundreds of what "could have been people". Or when a female has a period, is that murder? (We are not pulling up this point to offend anyone, or to make this debate inappropriate, so I ask you to not quote me on this.) Until the baby is actually born, it counts as an organ in the soon-to-be mother.

Third of all, it is not sexist to say that an abortion is necessary to survive. If you and they both die, maybe it would"ve been better to, quote-unquote, "coulda shoulda woulda killed them." Or, when a woman has to drop her job to take care of a child (something that almost happens to men because they can"t have unwanted children ANYWHERE NEAR AS EASILY) she loses the income she needs to even survive. Not letting them have abortions is very terrible, considering. The women might have a great idea, a breakthrough idea in medicine, but by having a child, their main focus goes to that child. The idea could get lost to time, and the mother"s life would go to nothing. NOTHING.

If you don"t have the means to raise a child and don"t want them to be put in a foster home, living their life in anxiety, waiting for someone to adopt them (if anyone does), then yes, perhaps an abortion is for the best. It would be easier if there was government provided childcare, just saying. In case no one noticed, adoption rarely happens, and you're essentially giving your child a horrible life in an adoption center. No one wants that, do they?

I also want to note that your argument has terrible spelling. Perhaps your points would be taken more seriously with a spell check. You are being voted on it.
Posted by D4R 3 years ago
D4R
I'm accepting this, just let me form my argument...
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Like so many others
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
of course.. but dont be an idiot and call it murder