UseYOURname
hectic_gamer

I"m pro-life change my mind

hectic_gamer has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

UseYOURname

Con

I present my argument on one level, the scientific level.

There are four criteria necessary to establish life.
1) Reaction to stimuli
2) Metabolism
3)Cellular Reproduction
4)Growth

The human fulfills all of these criteria from the point of conception.

To draw any line of the human life other than conception is impossible.

Fallacy one: Life starts at the first breath
Rebuttal: Is it ok to stab fully formed adults with iron lungs
Fallacy two: Life starts as the child physically exits the womb
Rebuttal: The child is exactly the same 1 second before exit from the womb as it is 1 second after exit from the womb. Defend killing identical children based on their location.
Fallacy three: Life starts when the child becomes sentient
Rebuttal: Is it ok to kill fully formed adults in comas?
Fallacy four: Life starts at the heartbeat
Rebuttal: If a fully formed adult is using a pacemaker can I stab said adult?
Fallacy Five: Life starts when the child isn"t depending on any outside force.
Rebuttal: If you are on a respirator can I stab you.
Fallacy Six: Abortion is ok because the child does"t feel pain.
Rebuttal: Can I kill you if you are on anesthesia
Fallacy Seven: Abortion is necessary to prevent parents from being financially incapacitated
Rebuttal: You don"t get to kill children for money, you don"t get to kill children for your own convenience

The answer to all these questions proposed is no, you cannot stab fully formed adults. So why is it ok for children. It"s not fair for us to ascribe lines to the fetuses that also impose on ourselves. The only line that can be drawn that defines human life is the line of conception. This is why abortion is inherently evil and perverse.
hectic_gamer

Pro

wtf u mean im prolife change my mind
UseYOURname

Con

Why did you accept the debate if you didn"t know what the topic was?
hectic_gamer

Pro

because i wanted to ask what it meant
UseYOURname

Con

Pro-life is the group that is against abortion. Don't start a debate if you don't know the topic.
hectic_gamer

Pro

oh, in that case.
abortions are a good thing because if you know your pregnant and your baby is not going to live but they will suffer before that then getting an abortion can stop that so if you dont care about thier suffering then go ahead but if you do care then dont be prolife
UseYOURname

Con

The example you listed is incredibly rare. In the case you suggested you say that the baby has no chance of living, however there are experimental treatments that could possibly give the child a small chance to live. I see this example all the time because the left refuses to talk about the majority case of abortions. The truth is, most abortions are born from irresponsibility. The case your referencing has happened 5 times in the past decade and rape and incest are .5% of all abortions. Did you know that in England, 90% of children diagnosed with down syndrome before birth are aborted? Those are the true abortions, not the marginal case that you suggested.
Posted by hectic_gamer 3 years ago
hectic_gamer
plz explain what u mean