jrardin12
Noorghani6

I voted for Trump. I am a Conservative. Why am I a racist?

Noorghani6

jrardin12

Pro

Please let me know why I am a racist.
Noorghani6

Con

You are not racist unless you want to be racist. Voting for trump doesn't necessarily mean you are racist. Unless you are actually racist. I know many people who voted for trump but are not racist. Depends if you voted for him if you wanted the Mexicans out then you are racist. Or if you supported the Muslim ban, Then you are racist, But if you just voted him because of his other policies, Then you are technically not racist. Again unless you voted for him to be racist. Because part of his platform stand on racism. Most Midwest or southern states is what he was trying to appeal to. But i don't think he is racist either. It was just his trick to win the elections.
jrardin12

Pro

I actually do support the removal of illegal aliens from our country as well as the ban from Terrorist countries. Since I support those two policies how am I racist? I actually, As an American, Live in Mexico. I have grown up in Mexico City for 22 years. I am now 25. I love the Mexican people and am interested in several Mexican girls. However, I do not like those who have illegally overstayed their Visas or who have crossed the border without the proper paperwork. I see them as cutting in line and benefiting from welfare programs which they do not pay into. How is that being racist.
On the ban on Muslim countries, I understand that it only banned travel from countries with high terrorist activity, But their were many other Muslim countries that were not on that list of banned countries.
I would like to know why you believe those two policies to be racist and why I am racist for supporting it.
I am a Hoosier by the way.
Noorghani6

Con

Well yea illegal aliens should be kicked out. But I am saying that there are a lot and I mean a lot of Trump supporters that say they don't fell comfortable with Muslims in america. But the Muslim ban was not on countries with high terrorist rates. Saudi Arabia and Pakistan have the more terrorists then the countries on the travel ban combined. Why did Trump not ban Saudi Arabia. Well that's because he gets money from them. He has business there. Why didn't he ban those countries. He banned countries that had high murder rates. So that means we should ban america from other countries because it has a high murder rate or crime rate. He should also ban Mexico, Hondrous, And Brazil to them right? No because they are just crime rates. If you were smart then you would know that Trump only made this ban to appeal to idiots like you who think hey he is trying to stop terrorism in America. Its like saying that. We are gonna make a wall on the cali mexico border and arizona mexico border. But leave the Texas and New mexico border open. How stupid is that. People like you would say. Hey look trump built a wall now we are protected. How retarded. Its funny how people can be so stupid and ignorant.
jrardin12

Pro

The wall isn't just to stop the few murderers and rapists that are coming over into our country, But also to stop these people from getting on our welfare benefits and not paying into them. It will destroy our economy. My question to you is why didn't he ban Pakistan? Obviously we don't get much from them. As for Saudi Arabia they are our allies, While Iran and Iraq and Syria are not.
Noorghani6

Con

So let's get this straight. The people who crashes the plane in the twin towers and killed 3, 000 plus people were from Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. The couple who did the San Bernardino shooting were from Pakistan. The guy who shot up the LGBT night club was Afghan. The San Bernardino shooting, And the club shooting were an act of terror that took place in the past 3 years. Pakistan even gave safe haven to Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan. This shows Pakistan is not on our side. Why were these countries not on the list? When was the last time a Somali shot up America? Trump is watching too much Captain Philips. (LOL) But continuing, He is trying to make his supporters stupid. Hey look we are trying to stop terrorism coming into America. Even though the countries causing terrorism are still not on the travel ban. Going to the topic of stopping the illegal immigrants, That is good, But calling them rapists or murderers is not right. Trump actually said that "Mexico is sending rapists and murderers to America". He is saying all those coming to America are rapists and murderers. He didn't say some. That is racist. But you saying "few" is not racist. Again you are not racist unless you intend to be. As for you saying that illegal immigrants damage the welfare system. You are wrong. Illegal immigrants pay taxes too. People get welfare from taxes. So if illegal immigrants pay taxes which they do, Because if they don't, Then they get arrested, And then the police finds out that they are illegal, And they serve time in prison here and get sent back to Mexico or where ever they came from. So the illegal pay taxes which balances out the welfare system. So let's say there are 325 million people living in America. An illegal person come in, Gets a job, And has to pay taxes. The tax money also goes to the welfare system, So we are not effected. Plus they are getting jobs, So they technically improve the economy.
jrardin12

Pro

Trump didn't say all Mexicans are racist. You are putting words in his mouth. He said Mexico is sending them. There are tons of examples every year of illegals, Many from Mexico who are raping little girls and murdering people.
As far as Pakistan I don't know why it wasn't on the ban, But I know that Iran, The largest doner to terrorism was on the ban.
Noorghani6

Con

Actually Trump also didn't say some mexicans are bad. This is what he said:" They are sending rapists and murderers. . . ". He didn't say they are sending some rapists and murderers. In his exact words he is saying He is saying all. Maybe next time he should be more clear. I used to be a Trump supporter too, But I started to back off slowly after he made policies that were not good. We can talk about this more, But back to your claim, Iran in fact is not the largest doner of terrorism. Americans are who created the terrorist groups to take down governments that went against america. Did america forget the Russian Afghan war, In which america trained religious groups to fight the Russians in Afghanistan? Now they have turned on America. So America needs to not put their mistakes on other countries. Like george washington said, To not make political parties, And not get involved in other countries' business and wars. What does america do, It gets involved in other countries' business. LOL. Saudi Arabia and America made the terrorist groups to fight the Iranians too and so Saudi Arabia can get control of the middle east. Why do you think there is terrorim in the middle east, But not in Saudi Arabia. Because Saudi Arabia is exporting it to other countries so it can stay in power in the middle east. Lets face it. Saudi Arabia has made a deal with the Pakistani Army, So thet Pakistan will defend Saudi Arabia. So Far not a single shot was fired upon the terrorists by Pakistani or Saudi Army. Just think about it.
jrardin12

Pro

Well in my opinion I think we should get out of the Middle East all together or actually go to war against them instead of fighting an engagement for 10. I still believe that the travel ban would have been a good idea anyway for our security. Maybe it would be better to ban all travel from the Middle East except Israel.
Well thanks for being civil. And thanks for the debate.
Noorghani6

Con

yup, We should just leave the middle east alone, And get out of it. The travel ban would be good if it actually had the countries that were exporting terrorism on it. I would certainly feel more safer and I think most people who are Trump supporters at least would feel a lot safer. Though the world is more peaceful than ever in this century so far. And also thank you to you for the debate, It was fun.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Whether or not it is a mainstream idea was not what I was trying to say.

Socialism is not restricted to the right or the left. Sure you can say the left want the Nordic model for the US and the right want small government but that was not what I was arguing against.
Posted by jrardin12 3 years ago
jrardin12
Social organization by whom? The people? Socialism always has been advocated from the left. The right advocates for less social organization and more for individualism.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Socialism: a political and economic theory of social organization which advocates that the means of production, Distribution, And exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole.

Does it say anywhere in the definition above about it being restricted to a specific wing?

If socialism is not applicable to both wings what is national socialism? A form of nationalism or a form of socialism. I would say a bit of both.
Posted by jrardin12 3 years ago
jrardin12
How is Socialism right-wing?
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@jrardin12

Define what you mean by National Socialism so that there isn't confusion. Anti-Semitism is on both sides. Capitalism with regulation is the best form of capitalism. Whether it be high regulation or not it is still capitalism.

@Thoht

Socialism is an idea. It is not restricted to what political wing you are from. There can be right wing socialism and left wing socialism. Doesn't matter if neo-nazis do not think of the socialism part of their ideology. It would only be important if they had the power to carry out their ideas. If they did then socialism would matter when creating their idea of a perfect place to live in.
Posted by jrardin12 3 years ago
jrardin12
Sorry, But the Nazi Party was as socialist as the Democratic Party is today. They had government run healthcare and as far as businesses, They were anti-capitalist and controlled and heavily regulated them.
As for Nationalism, Why even President from Washington to Lincoln to FDR was a nationalist.
Look up the leader of the white supremacists and you will find that yes he voted for Trump, But he also voted for Obama twice and he was part of Occupy Wall Street movement. Last time I chacked Occupy Wall Street wasn't right-wing.
Also the KKK was left wing. Everyone belonged to the Democratic party.
Besides the left-wing has all the antisemitism.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
It takes two sides to have an argument. If the left did not give Trump free press he would not be as relevant. By one side being offended and using that to name call you are using the power you have to not stick to the point. What did Trump actually do? I rather know that then how many bad words CNN can think of. It makes them look bad and how can you call someone something like a racist and not explain how he is?

By taking that CNN ratings have dropped and Fox is still at the top. The source in an earlier states that Fox have the best ratings for a cable news network for 200 months.
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
@Jrardin12 That's not how anything works. National Socialism is completely different from a communist/pure socialist movement. It is extremely right wing. Nationalism is far more important than the socialism bit to Nazis. They allowed for plenty of private businesses as long as they supported the Nation.

Neo-nazis nowadays don't even think about the socialism aspect. They just want to kill blacks and jews largely. It's mostly a movement for an ethnostate as far as I've seen.

Since you like names so much I assume you think north korea is a democratic peoples republic? A ridiculous notion. You're extrapolating an entire ideology by name alone. The north korea example should show you how silly that notion is.

@omar2345

I really don't know what to say if you think Trump is defensible when it comes to the lives he's ruined and the lies he's told versus Clinton. If Trump had a D next to his name we'd have been at civil war within a year if we hadn't impeached.
Posted by Noorghani6 3 years ago
Noorghani6
It's not letting me respond for some reason, So i am gonna post it here.

So let's get this straight. The people who crashes the plane in the twin towers and killed 3, 000 plus people were from Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. The couple who did the San Bernardino shooting were from Pakistan. The guy who shot up the LGBT night club was Afghan. The San Bernardino shooting, And the club shooting were an act of terror that took place in the past 3 years. Pakistan even gave safe haven to Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan. This shows Pakistan is not on our side. Why were these countries not on the list? When was the last time a Somali shot up America? Trump is watching too much Captain Philips. (LOL) But continuing, He is trying to make his supporters stupid. Hey look we are trying to stop terrorism coming into America. Even though the countries causing terrorism are still not on the travel ban. Going to the topic of stopping the illegal immigrants, That is good, But calling them rapists or murderers is not right. Trump actually said that "Mexico is sending rapists and murderers to America". He is saying all those coming to America are rapists and murderers. He didn't say some. That is racist. But you saying "few" is not racist. Again you are not racist unless you intend to be. As for you saying that illegal immigrants damage the welfare system. You are wrong. Illegal immigrants pay taxes too. People get welfare from taxes. So if illegal immigrants pay taxes which they do, Because if they don't, Then they get arrested, And then the police finds out that they are illegal, And they serve time in prison here and get sent back to Mexico or where ever they came from. So the illegal pay taxes which balances out the welfare system. So let's say there are 325 million people living in America. An illegal person come in, Gets a job, And has to pay taxes. The tax money also goes to the welfare system, So we are not effected. Plus they are getting jobs, So they technically improve the economy
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@Noorghani6

Are you having trouble posting your argument?

1. URL's are most likely the problem.

Just include the heading of the URL and where it is from

Example: Trump is bad (CNN)
Vote Placed by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
jrardin12Noorghani6Tied
Reasons for voting decision: No reason to know if someone is racist or not before you talk with them. Con has pointed out that the Muslim Ban does not ban the country from which the most terrorist activity has been seen in the US. Pro then refers to this as a "terrorist" ban not a Muslim ban, immediately proving his own racism. Con goes on to discuss how Trump talks about Mexican Immigrants, Pro then points at "all the cases" of mexican immigrants raping and killing people without citing sources to its significance. Con points out this is far from the majority. In reality there are 20million+ illegal immigrants, many of whom are Mexican. The immigrant crime rate is lower than the crime rate of natives. While they do rape and kill on occasion, if they do it less than natives then we ought to have the "rapist and killer" argument about natives and ban ourselves, if immigrants are doing it that much less. Pro is racist, whether he intends to be or not. Intent is not required to be racist, or hold racist views.