billsands
reedj

If Democrats can get their act together they should be the ruling party

billsands

Pro

Trump was not the cause, He was a symptom but he proved this nation and it government have become disfunctional, And have come to no longer serve the needs of it citizens only the interests of the powerful and the wealthy, If we can learn to put aside our petty differences abandon the destructive insanity of identity politics and the absurdity of politically correct fads and stick to the facts to science, Common sense and common decency, The Demcratic party could possible serve to heal the wounds in a divided and angry nation.
reedj

Con

I'm going to make this a little short, No getting their act together will not have an impact. Their only hope is if President Trump upsets a lot more people before the 2020 election, The next election is completely dependent on him because the democrats betrayed their constituents by rigging the primary between Clinton and Sanders. Even if they win the next election, That means they won't learn their lesson and will keep making the same mistakes and never be a 'ruling party' as you say.
billsands

Pro

The Democratic party has it flaws, You mentioned the dishonest way Bernie Sanders was dealt with in the primaries in the Presdidential election of 2016. Well I agree, In 2016 i bit my tongue, Held my nose and voted for Clinton, Though my heart was with Bernie and his broz. I heard a fair analogy applied to antoher situation but I will use it here, In WW2 we made a military alliance with Uncle Joe Stalin, Not because we felt Stalin was a nice guy, He was not. But out of simple necessity, The NAZI military threat was much great, Blitzkrieg eat the winter war in scary ness. Clinton may be an annoying skin rash, Were Trum is MAlignant malenoma. I hate to compare the Democratic party to Stalinists, Obviously they aren't that bad. . Not quite. . But the Republicans have decided to play the role Franco did in relation to the axis. . He might not have been as blood thirsty as Stalin but he wasn't going to do anything to help defeat Hitler,
reedj

Con

reedj forfeited this round.
billsands

Pro

Every Day Trump does something to aleinate and piss off more and more people by 2020 he will have enough rope to hang himself, One would hope, One can hope.
reedj

Con

reedj forfeited this round.