anisapetrai
MEMERDANK

If infinity exists the middle of it cannot be defined

anisapetrai

Pro

I am claiming that if infinity exists as a concept and its linear then the middle can not be defined . I magine infinity as the absolute.
MEMERDANK

Con

The middle is infinity.
anisapetrai

Pro

This is great statement but this means that infinity has no beggining and no end ?Or could you elaborate how is infinity the middle I agree with your statement by the way can we talk so more .I should have added linear in my sentence I believe is not correct.If linear infinity exists then the middle can not be defined.Please explain a bit how can infinity be the middle.
MEMERDANK

Con

By linear infinity, I think you mean real infinity, an infinity that exists everywhere, between every real number, after every real number, and before every real number.
Infinity is forever. So the middle of forever cannot be something that is not infinite. Infinity is made up of infinite copies of itself. There is an infinite number of integers in infinity. There is an infinite number of numbers between each consecutive integer. There is always in between. So the middle of infinity is infinity.
anisapetrai

Pro

Where have you read this is it your opinion did you read somewhere nontheless pretty interesting. So the middle of infinity is infinity.This is your statement right I would like to say that I disagree we need to define rules that logic can be applied too.I would like to say but your statement sounds pretty good and aligned with my thoughts so this debate is yours you did not explain it as I would like to hear it but you are pretty close into my own thoughts.
I had a debate over a post with guy that claimed endless exists.Endless percieved in a linear way I said that the circle makes more sence for the creation of the universe the beggining = end and every time that happens a transition that changes the nature of the universe happens .These are purely my thoughts.But they sound more interesting than a never ending line .I would like to hear your thought about it so how to your perceive infinity aka the universe.Observable or not.
MEMERDANK

Con

If infinity is like the line of a circle then no, there is no middle of infinity but if infinity is like an infinite line, then yes, there is a middle that can be defined.

I perceive infinity as a staircase with steps with steps in between the steps. The staircase is finite but the number of steps is infinite. I say that the number of steps is infinite but since the staircase is finite, the middle can be defined.
Posted by philochristos 3 years ago
philochristos
It seems like any arbitrary place on the line could rightly be called "the middle" because there would be just as much one one side of that point as on the other.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
But I will think it starts about 30 inch from my body in an upright position and stops at my nose.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
Hi. Yes. But only half never ending..
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
never ending