Unitedstates
TheDebater4

Illegal Immigration Needs To Be Stopped

Unitedstates

Pro

I believe that legal immigration should be allowed, But illegal immigration should not. It does not matter where the immigrants come from. If it is legal immigration, Let them in. If it is not, They should not be let in.
TheDebater4

Con

Thank you for presenting this opportunity to me today.

Along with legal Immigration being allowed, It is my belief that illegal immigration should be allowed as well.
Unitedstates

Pro

There are two main reasons why I think illegal immigration should be tolerated at much less than today.

One is that it is illegal. Just to clarify, Just because a law says something does not mean it is a good law, But in this case, It is necessary. A common argument is that most of these immigrants are women and children desperate to get away from war and poverty. Actually, Most of the current migrant caravan that is trying to cross the border is made up of men. Also, If these people are really desperate for freedom, They will come the legal way and not the illegal way.

Second is that illegals cause more crime. The United States Sentencing Comission is a source that says illegals commit many more crime by percentage than what would be statistically accurate for their population. I was watching a video a while ago on YouTube created by The Young Turks, A popular Progressive network. They were saying that illegal immigrants do not cause more crime than whites. This is true, But they compared the number of crimes rather than the percentage of the crimes committed. Obviously since the nation is mostly white, White people will commit more crimes. It is said by The United States Sentencing Comission that illegals committed 23 percent of murders in 2016 when they only made up to 3-7 percent of the population.
TheDebater4

Con

TheDebater4 forfeited this round.
Unitedstates

Pro

Unitedstates forfeited this round.
TheDebater4

Con

TheDebater4 forfeited this round.
Unitedstates

Pro

Unitedstates forfeited this round.
TheDebater4

Con

TheDebater4 forfeited this round.
Unitedstates

Pro

Unitedstates forfeited this round.
TheDebater4

Con

TheDebater4 forfeited this round.
Posted by Unitedstates 3 years ago
Unitedstates
I've heard this happened to a lot of people, So we could start a new debate if you want?
Posted by TheDebater4 3 years ago
TheDebater4
My argument is not being accepted. I've no idea what to do now.
Posted by John_C_1812_II 3 years ago
John_C_1812_II
Immigration needs to be monitored and regulated in such a way it provides greater protection to the general welfare of the Nation. Using a law to accuse a person of crime is not always the most effective form of governing and can created Constitutional legal issues of a united state.
Posted by Unitedstates 3 years ago
Unitedstates
I get what you mean on how illegals are not "let" in, But I am saying that if any extreme liberal gets into power in 2020, They could make it a lot easier for illegal immigrants to come in to America. Thanks for your comment!
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
Illegal immigrants aren't being LET in. They're either overstaying their visas or they sneaking across the border, At least in the case of Mexico and America, Which is the most prevalent issue today. I agree that more strict measures should be taken to prevent border crossing without a passport, And those who overstay their visas should definitely be deported.