debatemaster163
icanclick

Illegal Immigration

icanclick has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

debatemaster163

Pro

To be clear, I am saying that illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay in the U.S. and apply for citizenship. The Con position will argue that all immigrants should be deported.

1st round-acceptance

2nd+3rd round- arguments

4th round- rebuttal and conclusion, NO NEW ARGUMENTS
icanclick

Con

debatemaster163

Pro

The U.S.A. is thought to be the land of opportunity, the land of freedom. Other countries should follow their example. The world should provide equal rights and opportunities to everyone. I believe that the whole world should allow immigrants a chance to apply for citizenship.
Sometimes, there is simply no other way for immigrants. This is their only chance to get a better life. Some people like us won the "human lottery". We have everything we need to survive and prosper. Some other people simply lost. They have no way to live well in their current condition. For example, in Mexico, it is very hard to get a job without a college degree because there are so many of those people, and not many jobs. Also, the living conditions are terrible. These type of people have almost no chance to live well in Mexico.
You might hear all the stereotypes about very violent people that deserve to be deported, but that is not true. For example,only 1.6% of illegal immigrants in the U.S. commit crimes, which is actually less than the overall U.S. crime rate, which is about 2.8%. Most immigrants are hard-working people who just want a better life for their family.
Even if immigrants do commit crimes, then they would be put in jail/prison and then deported. That is how the process works for legal immigrants already. More immigrants will benefit the country, not hurt it.
Also, if immigrants have kids in the country, then those kids will have to be split up from their families. No kids should have to undergo that hurt.
Illegal immigrants usually are good people trying to get a better life. We should let them.
Posted by SlightlyAboveAverage 1 year ago
SlightlyAboveAverage
Clearly.
Posted by debatemaster163 1 year ago
debatemaster163
Well, I certainly can't change your opinion. But I stick to mine. Besides, you aren't doing the debate, so I don't really care anymore.
Posted by FactvsFeeling 1 year ago
FactvsFeeling
Oops! Shots fired...LMAO.
SlightlyAboveAverage
"But then I'll have the harder argument"? Your name here is "debatemaster". Perhaps you should check into that a tad more if you require easy debates.
Posted by Sovcody2 1 year ago
Sovcody2
I'm for open immigration if there is no welfare waiting for them here.

If this land is the land of OPPORTUNITY, then let it be so.
I propose equality of OPPORTUNITY,
Rather than equality of OUTCOME.
Posted by debatemaster163 1 year ago
debatemaster163
But then I have the harder argument, and my opponent could select which he keeps in.
SlightlyAboveAverage
Your argument is that all illegal immigrants can stay. It would not change because someone wishes some to say while others are deported.
Posted by debatemaster163 1 year ago
debatemaster163
Well, I'd have to disagree. The debate would not be defined very well if you could argue that some can stay. Then what would I argue?
SlightlyAboveAverage
Well, that's silly. You forced an extreme when it was not necessary. You made it easier for yourself as you said, though. Also, it is not a bad argument to say some illegal immigrants should be deported, whereas some should not. It's simply an argument you don't agree with, which, you're supposed to debate and discuss to either change minds or better understand an argument. This debate has already been destined to be less informative than it could have been.
Posted by debatemaster163 1 year ago
debatemaster163
I made it that way so people wouldn't blur the lines and use bad arguments like "well, [people that I argue for] .can stay"