Our_Boat_is_Right
RMTheSupreme

I'm Pro Gun: Change my Mind

RMTheSupreme has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

I believe in the fundamental right to keep and bear arms, For conceal carry self-defense, And to protect yourself against a tyrannical government.
RMTheSupreme

Con

Alright, I could hit hard with the data, The brutal arguments and all of that but I'll decide if I unleash my true power in Round 2 since there's a full 5 rounds here.

I will play along with the angle of this debate and see if I can genuinely open Pro's mind.

Pro tell me what your utopia is:

1) A society where nearly no one needs a gun.

2) A society where everyone has a gun because they need them.

Tell me why.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

I'm confused by the format of your questions. Next time can you write an understandable paragraph like you do in english class instead of all the extra stuff?

I will try. I believe any person that passes a background check should be allowed to own a gun. If guns are banned, There is no way to protect against a tyrannical government and self-defense. Guns should be legal because they save many more lives than take them, And gun bans have proven not effective in reducing murder rates.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Just you. No one else.
Posted by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
Actually I voted on the first one based on what you said people hadn't voted based on.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Um. . It is like that. No one interprets changing my mind as the only way to win. It is based on a 7 point voting system. No category says did you change pro's mind. It's all based on the arguments. Change my Mind is just a title.
http://www. Debate. Org/debates/Im-Pro-Gun-Change-my-Mind/11/
http://www. Debate. Org/debates/Im-Pro-Gun-Change-my-Mind/6/
http://www. Debate. Org/debates/Abortion-is-Wrong-Change-my-Mind/1/
http://www. Debate. Org/debates/Deport-all-Illegal-Immigrants-Change-my-Mind/1/

These are all finished debates that had votes on them. In no way did people vote based on whether my mind was changed, But rather the substance of the arguments.
Posted by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
na, It's not like that. They'll vote for you because what i accepted was a 'change my mind' debate
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
I was not meaning to change my mind was the only way to win. The object was to change my mind, However, If my mind is not changed, It is up to voters who made the most convincing arguments and rebuttals.
Posted by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
Since the win condition is on changing your mind and you refuse to answer the most fundamental question I asked, I'm going to fake-forfeit the debate and freeze it to avoid a loss.

If you do want to debate me on this make a resolution that doesn't say 'I am' or 'change my mind' and is instead about strict vs lax gun control.
Posted by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
To be clear I agree with pro about it being concealed as a rule if it is legal. The bluffing is very important in the exact way he describes but this mentality is malignant and unsafe overall which I hope to prove in the arguments I post.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
In concealed carry, You can distinguish who is a threat and who isn't. If everyone is open carry, How can you tell a mass shooter from a law-abiding citizen. Mass shooters could be more scared if people conceal-carry because they don't know who has a gun, As opposed to identifying someone that has a gun right away, And taking care of them first. There's just a couple things I think are wrong with open-carry, But I'm pretty open to ideas.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
Why can't all guns have to be open carry? If you have a gun, Everyone else should know about it.