Our_Boat_is_Right
Anonymous

I'm Pro Gun: Change my Mind

Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

I challenge vi_spex to this debate. I have the same opinion on the pro gun debate I previously posted that we have commented on. Present me with arguments this round.

Con

Well my argument is simply, There are to many crazy people for it to be a good idea that public citizens have their own guns. .
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

If guns are made illegal, Criminals will use illegal guns or knives, And nobody will have anything to protect against it. Also, Guns save far more lives than take them. There were at most 10, 000 gun homicides per year, But over 2. 5 million Defensive Gun uses per year. Gun bans have proven not to effective. In U. K. , After they banned guns, The homicide rate spiked up and eventually subsided to its pre-ban level, Indicating that gun bans do not decrease homicide rates. Same is true in Australia, Jamaica, Ireland, Chicago, And Washington D. C. They are also necessary to protect against a tyrannical government. Concealed-carry should be legal in more places because conceal-carry holders commit 14% less crime than POLICE OFFICERS! That's how law-abiding they are. How can you explain all of these points?

Good luck to my opponent rebutting in the next round.

Con

If guns are legal, You will be handing out guns to maniacs, And not true, We got plenty of examples of countries where public citizens don't have guns, And they don't have gun murder statistics anywhere near the us.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

"If guns are legal, You will be handing out guns to maniacs"
There is this thing called background checks.

"We got plenty of examples of countries where public citizens don't have guns, And they don't have gun murder statistics anywhere near the us. "
What I said is true. (https://crimeresearch. Org/2013/12/murder-and-homicide-rates-before-and-after-gun-bans/) I was not talking about gun murders. Of course other places will have lower gun murders. What I am talking about is the overall homicide rate, Not just gun murders.

You didn't rebuttal to any of my other points(probably because you couldn't come back from them), But I will list them anyway so you can clearly see and rebut to them.

1. Guns save far more lives than take them. There were at most 10, 000 gun homicides per year, But over 2. 5 million Defensive Gun uses per year.

2. They are also necessary to protect against a tyrannical government.

3. Concealed-carry should be legal in more places because conceal-carry holders commit 14% less crime than POLICE OFFICERS! That's how law-abiding they are.

Con

That you think you can control guns is your point, But you see them as toys, Why else do you have them
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Guns are not toys. I have already told you why we have them, But you failed to rebuttal to any of points, And are ignoring the points. They are to protect yourself in public, Home-defense, And to protect against a potential tyrannical government. I will ask you once again to rebuttal to my points, And failing to do so should result in a win for me.

PLEASE REBUTTAL! :

Con

Are you at war?
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Con has conceded this debate. At war with who? If you want to have a real debate, Then rationalize your position instead of being ignorant. Or if you got proved wrong, Just say so. I won't judge.

I thank con for participating and conceding the debate, Even though it was not very productive on con's part.

Vote pro!

Con

Kids will keep dying. .
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Block19
To buy a fully automatic rifle, A prospective owner must pay the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms $200 and pass a federal background check that shows no record of domestic violence or felony convictions. The process can take months. They must also make sure that they live in a state that allows people to own an automatic weapon.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Block19
Shotgun are used for sport, Hunting, And home defense. Rifles are used for sport, Hunting, And protection (outdoor). Handguns and used for sport, Hunting, And defense. Then you have things like bullpups and all kinds of subcategories we can go through. However a tank is an armored vehicle, A bunker is a fortification, Explosives are reactive substances that contains a great amount of potential energy, And a deadly gas grenade is a type chemical weapon that has been banned internationally since WWI. None of the things you listed are guns.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
You guys are both fools. Automatics have been banned since 1930.

Vi, Cite your source.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
You could all have tanks, And a bunker, And explosives, And deadly gas nades
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Thats pellets though
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
PointProven
You should know this already.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
PointProven
Handguns and automatic rifles are used as protection.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
PointProven
Shotguns are a must when hunting ducks, Are it is nearly impossible to perfectly hit a flying animal. The spread fire that shotguns have make this possible.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Or shotguns, Or automatic rifles
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
don't need handguns for that