Our_Boat_is_Right
DonnyBoi

I'm Pro Gun: Change my Mind

Our_Boat_is_Right

Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

I believe in the basic right to self-defense. Present your arguments in round one.
DonnyBoi

Con

It's good to be pro-gun. I feel like some weapons, Every citizen should have.
But, That's too an extent.

I feel like handguns and some shotguns should only be legal for normal citizens to carry/own. This doesn't include hunting rifles, Which should only be attained after attending many classes on guns and gun safety.

Automatic rifles, SMGs, Those sort of things, Just shouldn't even exist. They don't serve any purpose. You don't need an AK-47 to defend yourself from a home invader.

Although, If someone owns a legally shooting range, I feel like it'd be O. K for those really lethal guns to be used. Because in all honesty, They're fun to shoot.

So I get you get what I'm saying. I think the majority of weapons should be banned, While the other half remains legal.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

"Automatic rifles, SMGs, Those sort of things, Just shouldn't even exist. They don't serve any purpose. You don't need an AK-47 to defend yourself from a home invader. "

Automatic rifles have been banned since 1930. No questions asked here, Except an AK-47 is not an automatic, But semi-automatic, Like any other gun. Why shouldn't an AK be legal?

UPDATE: Although I can't verify my email-address, I now can post arguments, But can not comment on anything.
ASTA IS IN TROUBLE AS WELL. HE CAN'T LOG INTO HIS ACCOUNT BECAUSE DDO WON'T LET HIM. LOOK AT MY PROFILE INFO, AND CONTACT ME VIA PHONE OR EMAIL, SO WE CAN GET ASTA BACK IN HERE.
DonnyBoi

Con

Your rebuttal was quite bad.

The only thing you asked me was why should the AK-47 be banned.

It should be banned because it serves no purpose among the normal civilian. It'll be used more for bad then good. Most self defenses are done with knives/handguns. Not an AK-47, Which is extremely lethal if in the wrong hands.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

"The only thing you asked me was why should the AK-47 be banned. "

. . . Because that's the only thing i disagreed with

Do you have statistics on how many murders are done with ak-47's? Because according to my source, Less than 300 gun murders per year are done with ANY type of rifle. Why would we bn them when they don't do harm? People can choose to hunt with them, Home-defense, And most importantly to protect against a tyrannical government. I don't know about you, But I would we toast trying to shoot authorities with a gosh darn pistol.
DonnyBoi

Con

DonnyBoi forfeited this round.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Vote Pro1!
DonnyBoi

Con

DonnyBoi forfeited this round.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Vote Pro!
DonnyBoi

Con

DonnyBoi forfeited this round.
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
The issue arose when another person on this site argued that guns should not be allowed for any reason including self defense unless you are law officer.
Posted by armoredcat 3 years ago
armoredcat
Right, This is so ridiculous. I think you have a misconception about what liberals are really like.
Posted by zhaod1 3 years ago
zhaod1
Our_Boat_is_Right
So your stance is to have the right for self-defense?
Basically no one would dispute you for that.
Posted by Flywingcpy 3 years ago
Flywingcpy
yeah getting stabbed prob feels worse getting shot. (I unno, Didn't happen to me)
but shooting is easier to bring permanent damage or death to more people comparing to a knife holder.
After all, It's easier to attack with guns than defend.

and like armoredcat, I wouldn't argue for the gun ban but for a gun control
Posted by armoredcat 3 years ago
armoredcat
I won't argue for a gun ban but I will argue for gun control if you change the perameters for the debate.
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
Kids have the right to defend themselves, Fanboy. You should think more critically.

Getting stabbed is worse than being shot for the most part, It is harder to keep pressure and to repair the damage.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
What do you know about self defense if you are a kid? You can't even own a gun.

Oh wait that's right sorry I forgot you are posing as a 15 year old but in reality you are a middle aged pedophile who wants to debate gun control since it directly affects you, But it wouldn't for a 15 year old kid

Nice try perv BUSTED!
Posted by catdog33233 3 years ago
catdog33233
I would but the rank criteria thing
Posted by Flywingcpy 3 years ago
Flywingcpy
Eh, Everyone having gun vs Everyone having knifes.
The knife situation is more possible for self-defense.
since the attacker have the advantage with guns
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Our_Boat_is_RightDonnyBoiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff over half of the rounds. This is poor conduct.