Our_Boat_is_Right
Considerthefollowing

I'm Pro Gun: Change my Mind

Considerthefollowing has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

I support concealed-carry and think the main reason to have guns is self-defense and protecting against a tyrannical government. If you think you have a convincing argument, try to change my mind.

Rules:
1. No forfeits
2. Any citations or foot/endnotes must be individually provided in the text of the debate
3. No new arguments in the final round
4. Maintain a civil and decorous atmosphere
5. No trolling
6. No "kritiks" of the topic
7. My opponent accepts all definitions and waives his/her right to add resolutional definitions
8. For all undefined terms, individuals should use commonplace understandings that fit within the logical context of the resolution and this debate
9. Violation of any of these rules or of any of the R1 set-up merits a loss

Thank you in advance. I am looking forward to a great debate!
Considerthefollowing

Con

You have too many rules.
Anyways.
P1. guns are the main cause for every mass shooting.
Is P1 true?
example one.
A man with a bunch of guns on top of roof shoots a bunch of people with semi automatic guns.......

http://www.comedycentral.com.au...

Could he have done it without guns? Sixty four year old man.
No guns, none of that. Another usual argument....
Say a burglar goes into your house and robs you, then you are defenseless. But if you had a gun, ext.
Well stop and look no further for a solution because hey! If guns were banned, the likely hood of these events would be less.
That is the whole point of banning guns. Why do we need guns? They are mostly useless unless you want to kill.
Before you go into a rebuttal. Which one point I am sure will be, they can get gun illegally. But if guns were banned in America, the price for a gun would go up, because some people would still be desperate. Then only the rich would have guns. Which is not good, but, the mass murderers would have a much harder time getting guns. Guns are weapons made for killing. It is immoral to support that. I hope you are with me.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Guns are for self-defense. They save more lives than take them. Gun bans do not decrease murder and violent crime. They are also to protect against a tyrannical government.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Debating_Horse I don't understand your first question
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
lol those are your rules debating_horse too funny!
Posted by Debating_Horse 3 years ago
Debating_Horse
"Too many rules" ha ha!
Posted by Debating_Horse 3 years ago
Debating_Horse
Did you block Clarissa from joining or do you think she'll fail trying again?