DonnyBoi
PointProven

I'm Pro-Life | Change my mind

DonnyBoi

DonnyBoi

Pro

I'm Pro-Life. Meaning, I disagree with abortions. I feel as if abortion is the equivalent of murder. I'm open to people changing my mind. Goodluck.
PointProven

Con

Abortion is most certainly killing babies, It just is. But I think women should be allowed to kill babies.
DonnyBoi

Pro

"Abortion is most certainly killing babies, It just is. But I think women should be allowed to kill babies. "

Wouldn't that be pure murder? Why should ANYONE have the right to kill anyone? Please provide for information on your thinking.
PointProven

Con

"Wouldn't that be pure murder? "
It depends on how you look at it. Quite frankly, It isn't murder, Otherwise abortion would be illegal. At the moment, Babies aren't fully considered human while they are still in the womb. Therefore they don't have all the rights that a fully grown adult has. This includes the basic human right to life. I suppose you also think babies should be allowed to vote?

I will agree that abortion is killing babies, Because that's what it is. I also don't like the idea of abortion over other forms of birth control. However sometimes that's what it comes to. I'm not saying that everyone should just stop buying condoms and sit back letting taxes pay for abortions, That's not enjoyable for anyone, Including the person getting the abortion (especially the person getting the abortion). If you think about it, The kind of person who gets an abortion is not really someone that you want to raise a child. If baby murder is so bad, Why would you prefer that these "murderers" have children?

Raising a child is not easy, And if someone's life is complete dog shitt, Their child would have a terrible life. Do you really want children getting raised by meth addicted prostitutes? I understand that doesn't apply to everyone who gets an abortion, But you have to realize that people aren't just doing this for convenience. It's actually a million times more inconvenient than a condom or birth control pill. If someone is getting an abortion, It's safe to say that their life isn't going so perfect in the first place. It's likely that they live in a shitty house, In a run down neighborhood, In a town with a high crime rate. But oh yes, Let's put more children in that place! You hear how stupid that sounds? How unfair to the child.

Furthermore, The world's population is getting out of hand. We humans need to take it easy otherwise there just won't be enough of anything (I understand that supply and demand will come into play but that doesn't change my point). There are over 7. 4 billion people on earth as of 2016 and that is no small number. The only species' with a bigger population than humans are various birds, Insects and arachnids, And single celled organisms. Also krill and various fish species (keep in mind that they spawn on a massive level). "Most contemporary estimates for the carrying capacity of the Earth under existing conditions are between 4 billion and 16 billion. Depending on which estimate is used, Human overpopulation may or may not have already occurred. Nevertheless, The rapid recent increase in human population is causing some concern. " -- That is directly from Google.
Again, I don't think abortion is a better choice than any other form of birth control, But like I said, Sometimes that's what it comes to. "Abortion is the last line of defense against shitty people in the species. " - Luis C. K. And it's the truth.

And then there was rape. . . Oh how I would love to force a rape victim to raise the child of a true monster. Not. Most anti abortion people believe that in the case of rape, Abortion is okay. What do you think?
DonnyBoi

Pro

Firstly, It is murder. Even if it's not illegal at the time, It's practically murder. You're killing another human being.

"I will agree that abortion is killing babies" - You just admitted that abortion is killing another human. I won't even bother to read the rest of that paragraph.

"Raising a child is not easy" - Obviously not. It takes time and effort. But maybe they should've thought about that before having unprotected sex. Let's not forget, Adoption is an option. Why kill a child when they can be raised into something?

"Furthermore, The world's population is getting out of hand. " - That's semi-true. This doesn't give any excuse to kill another human, Though.

"And then there was rape" - Adoption. All that needs to be said.
PointProven

Con

"Firstly, It is murder. Even if it's not illegal at the time, It's practically murder. You're killing another human being. "

Well, Not technically. I was making the point that murder is illegal, But abortion is not, Therefore abortion isn't murder. And it is true. By definition, Abortion is not murder. It is killing babies, Sure. But babies do not have all the rights as a fully grown adult. That's also the reason babies aren't allowed to vote, But I doubt you are upset about that.

"You just admitted that abortion is killing another human. I won't even bother to read the rest of that paragraph. "

That is where you messed up. By saying that you refuse to read my argument, You have lost credibility, Thus making everything you say completely worthless. If you aren't going to read my arguments, Why are you even having this debate? Oh right, You're just trying to further some dumb agenda. A little word of advice, Don't add the words "Change my mind" in the title of your debate when you are so obviously not going to change your mind. I have been reading all of your points because I'm actually open to having a decent discussion about the issue. Believe it or not, I just recently started supporting abortion about a week ago. And guess what? THIS SITE IS WHAT CONVINCED ME TO CHANGE MY MIND! Because I actually listen to the points people make. You could really learn something.

" But maybe they should've thought about that before having unprotected sex. "

I completely agree. I've stated multiple times that I don't think abortion should be chose over other forms of birth control, But for the 20th time, Sometimes that's what it comes to.

"Why kill a child when they can be raised into something? "

I have explained this already but you clearly aren't reading my arguments, As you've already said. Now you are simply making yourself look like an idiot because you are asking questions I have already answered. Maybe if you had read my arguments, You wouldn't need to ask such stupid questions. I will explain this again:

"Raising a child is not easy, And if someone's life is complete dog shitt, Their child would have a terrible life. Do you really want children getting raised by meth addicted prostitutes? I understand that doesn't apply to everyone who gets an abortion, But you have to realize that people aren't just doing this for convenience. It's actually a million times more inconvenient than a condom or birth control pill. If someone is getting an abortion, It's safe to say that their life isn't going so perfect in the first place. It's likely that they live in a shitty house, In a run down neighborhood, In a town with a high crime rate. But oh yes, Let's put more children in that place! You hear how stupid that sounds? How unfair to the child. "
--That is a direct copy and paste from my last argument in which you clearly did not read the whole thing.

What I'm saying is essentially this: the kind of person who gets an abortion doesn't usually have a good influence on a child in a first place. They are often living in a crummy house, In a bad town with high crime rate. This is not the kind of environment children should be raised in. So I asked you this: raised into what? You asked me why I would rather kill a child when it can be raised into something. What are you suspecting these children are going to become when it's incredibly likely that they will grow up in a negative environment? Is that not a huge factor in what they will be when they are older?

"Let's not forget, Adoption is an option. "

Oh right because people are just lining up to adopt. WRONG. There are waaaaayyy to many people in foster homes with no end in site. Frankly, I'm surprised people are still even making that argument.

Your response to the world becoming over populated was terrible: " That's semi-true. This doesn't give any excuse to kill another human, Though. "

It's not "semi" true, It's whole true. And the world getting overpopulated absolutely gives us the right to kill humans. What do you think will happen if there are to many people on the planet to feed? People are going to starve and die. The difference here is, Abortion is a much less horrific way to die than starving. These babies haven't formed memories, Don't have loved ones (on account of their parents not wanting them in the first place), And don't feel much pain when aborted.

I'm aware that you aren't going to read all my arguments. You may continue to hide from things that you don't approve of, But abortion is going to stay legal, And for good reason.
Posted by PointProven 2 months ago
PointProven
I know you probably aren't going to read that, Much like you didn't read my round 3 argument. However if you do, Please attempt to respond to the points I made rather than just repeating your own.
Posted by PointProven 2 months ago
PointProven
"I wanted you to change my mind. "

You did not want me to change your mind and that much is clear. You are just trying to further some agenda, And of course I was unable to change your mind, Your beliefs are set in stone.

"You repeated the same stuff over"

How would you know that? You aren't reading my key points!

"Why read an entire paragraph of worthless information when you summarize the entire thing in the first sentence? "

You read the entire paragraph to stay credible. If you don't read all of my arguments, People can tell that you are completely biased. Also, I don't summarize the entire paragraph in the first sentence. Every thing I typed was full of important points for which you did not read because they do not confirm your own bias. You're probably not even reading this right now so why do I even bother? If you want to remain credible in a debate, You should probably read your opponents arguments. This is the reason that you did so horribly in trying to debunk my points. Maybe if you responded to each and every one of the points I made, You would have a leg to stand on, But until then, You are just making a fool of yourself.

"You yourself admitted to it being murder in one of your comebacks. "

Really? Quote me. I said multiple times that abortion may be killing babies, But is not murder. The reason being, Like I've said multiple times now, Babies don't have all the rights as a full grown adult. Please quote me calling abortion "murder".

" Whether or not you want to believe it's murder, It is. "

Yeah but you see, That's where you're wrong. It's not considered murder by law. I've explained this to you but you don't listen. The law decides what is and isn't murder, And abortion isn't.

"Imagine if your parents aborted you? "

What an intelligent comment. Listen guy, If my parents aborted me I wouldn't care because I wouldn't be alive to think about it. Also, I didn't ask to be born and neither did you, So what difference would it ma
Posted by DonnyBoi 2 months ago
DonnyBoi
I wanted you to change my mind. You didn't. You repeated the same stuff over, And over again. Not only that, You insulted me multiple times. Why read an entire paragraph of worthless information when you summarize the entire thing in the first sentence? You yourself admitted to it being murder in one of your comebacks. You're practically going against yourself. There are plenty of options rather then killing a child. Whether or not you want to believe it's murder, It is. You were once a baby. I was once a baby. Imagine if your parents aborted you? I can tell you're an intelligent individual. It'd be quite the waste if your mom just said to herself "Hey, I know I got unprotected sex, But let me just be selfish and kill the child inside of me because I'm not capable of owning up to my responsibilities and raising it into something great. "
Think about it. There are more options then taking away someones life. A life you only get one chance at.
Posted by carefettes 2 months ago
carefettes
I believe abortion should be legal. Here's my reasoning.

-When abortion is safe and accessible, And sex education is comprehensive, Abortion rates have actually plummeted. In the Netherlands, This strategy was implemented and they boast the lowest abortion rate in the world - 6 out of every 1000 pregnancies.

-In terms of adoption - the process is difficult and long. Not many prospective parents are too eager about adopting a child. At any given time, There are around 415, 000 children in orphanages and the foster system in the USA. Putting a child into the system is sentencing it to years of emotional damage and potentially even abuse, As inspections are skimpy at best and therapy for orphans isn't exactly widespread.

-If abortion was made illegal, The rate of women dying from childbirth and back alley abortions would skyrocket. For some women, Giving birth is a death sentence. If a woman needed to terminate a pregnancy, The abortion would be unsafe and dangerous. The woman would most likely die.

-Consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy. And even when contraception is used, It's not a 100% guarantee that pregnancy won't occur. Enjoying intimacy with one's partner doesn't mean a woman wants a baby. A child would mean years of financial and emotional strain which some women may not be ready for and some may not want.

-One argument I've heard a lot is this: "What if the cure for cancer lives inside the mind of an aborted baby? " Well, What if the cure for cancer lives inside the mind of a girl who became pregnant and, Without safe abortions, Was forced to carry to term and drop out of school? What if it lives inside the mind of a woman who is struggling to make ends meet with her medical training and can't afford a baby as well as schooling? Pregnancies alone in the US can cost anywhere from $3, 000 to $30, 000. That's not including assisted birth. If a woman can't afford a pregnancy, There's no way she can afford a child.
Posted by Block19 2 months ago
Block19
Ok now i get it.
Posted by PointProven 2 months ago
PointProven
It's mainly a joke.
Posted by Block19 2 months ago
Block19
I do not get it, People need to defecate, If you can't you should really see a doctor.
Posted by PointProven 2 months ago
PointProven
If you have ever heard of the comedian Luis C. K. , He made a perfect comparison about abortion.

"Not getting an abortion is like not taking a shitt. "
Vote Placed by Pandanelephant2001 1 month ago
Pandanelephant2001
DonnyBoiPointProvenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wonderful!!!