Abbyisaboss
aprzn123

I'm Pro-Life, change my mind!

aprzn123 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Abbyisaboss

Pro

I'm pro-life change my mind :)

the first round is acceptance
aprzn123

Con

Hello. I'm looking forward to an interesting debate that will show us both the other side.
Abbyisaboss

Pro

Me too! So my opinion on the matter is that life starts at conception. At what point do you believe life starts? Also, regardless of when exactly life begins the fetus would still have the potential of a life and who are we to take away the baby's chance at a life? There are other options besides aborting that life (or potential life). Pregnancies aren't easy and I get that but 99% of these women slept around, got pregnant, and don't want to have to deal with the consequences. So let's put aside rape for a second, should those women get to dictate when life begins and when it should end? If no one is 100% sure when life starts, why push it? Why even chance the taking of a life. Fun (not really fun, but interesting) fact: if you kill a pregnant woman it counts at two accounts of murder (no matter how far along they are). Now some may say, that's different, the family wanted the baby. Well is when someone is wanted when their life begins? No. I'm excited to hear your thoughts. :)
aprzn123

Con

I would agree that life starts at conception, or possibly even earlier. However, this living human is not conscious until around 5 months after birth [1]. Additionally, the parietal lobe and brain stem, which are involved in pain perception [2], develop later on in pregnancy.

Also, if something is found wrong with the pregnancy that will cause the mother to die in childbirth, then the mother should be allowed to save herself. In this case, there are two main situations.

1: The mother dies and the baby grows up with only one parent.
2: The child dies and the mother survives.

I will elaborate more in my next response, but due to the 1000 character limit imposed by this website, I would be cut short trying to.

[1] http://www.sciencemag.org...
[2] https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org...
Abbyisaboss

Pro

Wow! I am really impressed with your knowledge of the subject! So, I'm sure you've heard this argument before:
So would it be ok to kill a comma patient or any other unconscious individual.
They are unconscious and can not feel.
I found it interesting that you agree that life starts at conception. So to end that life would be what? Murder. (?) By definition the intentional ending of an individual's life is murder.
As for your second paragraph, VERY few pregnancies threaten the mother's life and with modern medical technology the death rate is greatly lowered. However, I would prefer option 1 BECAUSE...
any mother should put their child's life ahead of their own. (I'm not trying to offend or condemn anyone). I just can't see how any mother would end their child's life to protect their own. Plus, if a pregnancy could jeporadize your life (in most cases you would know before becoming pregnant) then just have protected sex.
Sorry as of current I do not have time to read your websites :)