backwardseden
Mateo-W

Imagine

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Voting Period

backwardseden

Pro

Imagine
John Lennon. . .

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky

Imagine all the people
Living for today (ah ah ah)

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, Too

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=YkgkThdzX-8 - John Lennon - Imagine
Clearly, The song is about worldwide peace and the ways to achieve it. He's right. Prove him wrong by disproving this song, The world's greatest song ever created in my humble opinion. Yeah. I've probably heard A LOT more songs that you have.

dsjpk5 is disqualified from the voting procedures as he tries to pretend he's god and thus change the voting structure of who wins and loses here on DDO.
Mateo-W

Con

John Lennon is a good singer, I agree with you. On that.

But sadly, What's in his, It can't happen.

This song should probably be the socialist anthem. "
Imagine no possessions", The state owns everything.

"Nothing to kill or die for, And no religion, Too" NO RELIGION? I'm am not a religious person, But you most be insane to go for this. Look at the facts. Look a Jerusalem. And nothing to die for? That's just BS.

Although the world would be a HELL lot better if there was no violence, We can't stop it. And banning guns won't do a thing.
backwardseden

Pro

Where to begin.
Nowhere.
Because you are so completely lost within your rudimentary cubical 16 year old brain that you didn't even stop to think, Not for one quadrillionth of a second. All you did was rattle of nonsensical garbage.

So since you don't believe that what is within the song, That it cannot happen, It means that in no possible way do you believe in worldwide peace of any kind, None.

Take one lucky guess as to who the happiest peoples/ countries on the planet are and have been for decades?

Who said "the state owns everything" I get it, YOU do. Wow.

"Nothing to kill or die for, And no religion, Too" NO RELIGION?
Damn right. With religion in play, There can be no worldwide peace. None.
"And nothing to die for? That's just BS. "
You take one less of a thing to die for which is a nonsensical idiot unproven storybook character god of print only and the stupidity of religion off the table.

Well actually we CAN stop violence.
About 2 months ago on PBS's Nova, There was an episode on that very same subject of violence. About 10, 000 years ago roughly 1 in every 15, 000 was murdered. Today it's roughly 1 in every million that's murdered. The reasons are 1. Skulls have evolved and along with them testosterone levels have dropped dramatically, Thus violence has dropped dramatically. 2. Government and equality have been put in place in comparison to where there wasn't any. 3. The Hitler's, Hong Xiuquan's, Pol Pot's, Stalin's, Mao's etc etc etc are not happening anywhere close to what they were and leaders of peace are popping up.
Mateo-W

Con

About 10, 000 years ago roughly 1 in every 15, 000 was murdered. Today it's roughly 1 in every million that's murdered. "
No CRAP that it's gone up to 1 Million. Not only do people become more settle, There's a population that grows. 10, 000 years ago, There's been an estimated 10 Million of Human Population, And now there's 7 BILLION people on the planet, So yes, Murder has gone down. But that never, Never, Never, Means that violence can just. . . Disappear. And the fact that you think we can just give up religion. . Is INSANE. All the bloodshed, Like the holocaust, Will just go to waste. All the peoples blood? Wasted. All the great people who fought back for what they believed in? Wasted. All we have done? Wasted. Hell, If the U. S. Didn't fight back, You'll be living in a concentration camp for all I care. I mean, Look at Hong Kong. The reason they are fighting back is because Communist China is ACTUALLY TAKING WAY THEIR RIGHTS. Sometimes, Violence HAS TO HAPPEN.
Also, Hearing more song than me doesn't give you anything.

3. The Hitler's, Hong Xi'an's, Pol Pot's, Stalin's, Mao's etc etc are not happening anywhere close to what they were and leaders of peace are popping up. " - That doesn't mean that it could happen, Nor mean that it could happen again. Look at the tensions with the U. S. And MULTIPLE other countries. Look at China, Causing war with their own people. Look at Russia, Where their Dictator made it so he could stay in office till he's 83! LISTEN TO YOURSELF.

I really wish all countries we're like the US, Because then, The world will be a lot like what you imagine it.

I like what you imagine.

But sometimes, The world isn't always nice.
backwardseden

Pro

Nevermind. I'm not going to argue with you. You are 16 years old and you know nothing and yet you pretend that you know everything that there is to know in the universe including 2 + 2 = 5. Your mind is already set. I will not change it. Peace will not change it. You have the mind of a preschooler still cuddled in the womb making feeble attempts to justify violence and hate. Bye.
Mateo-W

Con

That seems somewhat inappropriate for an argument. I have said all of my thoughts and opinions, And you just can't get over the fact that I'm 16, And, I don't know everything. The reason I was in this argument was to learn your thoughts. Why do you believe this? How could this affect my belief? Etc. So, Now that all of my knowledge was wasted, Lets get on to what you said;

1) Sadly, No, I don't think that 2+2=5

2) My mind isn't set. So. . . You still got an argument to change if you like. It better be a good one.

3) Preschoolers can't be in a womb. Because they're. . . Preschoolers.

4) If they WERE feeble, Just destroy my arguments. It's not looking good.

5) I really don't think my arguments were feeble. I had a lot of info backing me up, And I am ENTITLED to justify violence and hate. Kind of makes the reason we're having an argument. Or else, There will be no argument. . .

Well, I'm done. For now
Posted by backwardseden 1 week ago
backwardseden
Here's my top 12 (it was top 11 but I decided to add Inherit the Wind) and they haven't changed in probably 15 years or more. Sure, There are some obvious point blank films that are instant classic masterpieces, However these films changed my life.
1. Ran (Criterion Channel)
2. Hair
3. The Wages of Fear (Criterion Channel)
4. Koyaaniaqatsi
5. Yojimbo (Criterion Channel)
6. Children of Paradise (Criterion Channel)
7. Ugetsu - https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=h58eATm8knA (also Criterion Channel)
8. Alexander Nevsky - https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=LpVtoUFKZ7w (also Criterion Channel) (legendary battle on ice sequences plagiarized by Ralph Bashki in his film "Wizards" filmed in the summer with styrofoam and a truly great classical score by Prokofiev)
9. Danton - https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=4B7RApdrIfs (also Criterion Channel) (English dubbed version and it's not bad)
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=u-b7Rtu-nuk - (English subtitled)
10. Planet of the Apes
11. Thin Red Line
12. Inherit the Wind (Amazon Prime)
Posted by Hezikiah 1 week ago
Hezikiah
The Harry Potter series was better. . .
Posted by backwardseden 1 week ago
backwardseden
LOTR are films that will easily be forgotten about within the next 20 years or less. Peter Jackson was not a good choice to direct them and the only reason he was, Was because New Zealand had the perfect country to film them in with great backdrops, Mountains, Grasslands etc. He was in the right place at the right time and New Zealand's top director at the time. In the hands of a master director who could have and should have handled better dialogue, Spfx and acting these films could have been instant masterpieces. I also think that Ian McKellen was horribly miscast as Gandalf and Patrick Stewart would have been absolutely perfect. But what do I know? It sparked all of these fantasy films to boot because they made a lot of moolah. Btecha anything in a good 30 or 40 years after these films have aged, They will be remade.
Now I liked the cartoon a lot especially as a kid. But Ralph Bashki in being the sweaty piece of rare end wipe that he is, And impossible to work with only did the first one and a half books and then gave up. Then did a few other obscure films and one short and retired.
Posted by DrSpy 1 week ago
DrSpy
Lord of the RIngs/The Hobbit?
Posted by backwardseden 1 week ago
backwardseden
Hannibal Lecter really didn't do it for me because actual serial killers are normal sociopaths and psychopaths and get angry at that moment in time if they even get angry at all. With one blink you knew Hannibal was pure evil so it didn't work. The Joker, No not really. And I thought Batman Begins was a far superior film to The Dark Knight. Darth Vader was pretty damn good absolutely but "could" have been nowhere (one never knows) without Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress even though the character was not in the film though R2D2, C3PO, The Princess, Obi-Wan and plot lines all were. Die Hard. The first time I saw it = ehhhh. The second time I liked it a lot better. Now I'm a very bad scum sucking leech that hasn't seen The Harry Potter series except for the first 2. I simply got tired of them in a super fast hurry.
What are a few other of your fav films and do you watch any foreign films?
Yeah, I gotta say that Parasite is a masterpiece and am glad that this film especially broke through. Before that the next masterpiece I thought was Bladerunner 2049. In other words, There's not too many masterpieces that I think are as such and they don't come around too often.
Posted by Hezikiah 1 week ago
Hezikiah
How about Hannibal Lecter, The Joker, Darth Vader, Hans Gruber, Voldemort?
Posted by backwardseden 1 week ago
backwardseden
Good morning. Well you know Orson Wells was literally given the entire kingdom to make Citizen Kane and boy did he. But yeah I agree with you he did make a lot of classics. My personal fav of his is Touch of Evil, That fat pig of a man is my choice for the greatest villain that film has ever seen. Then comes Lady Kaede in my fav film of all time Ran (what a super b**ch), Then Henry Fonda as Frank in Once Upon a Time in the West and then Robert Mitchum as Reverend Harry Powell in The Night of the Hunter and everybody else as far as villains, Though there are great ones to be sure, They pale in comparison.
Posted by Hezikiah 1 week ago
Hezikiah
There are people who claimed Orson Welles went downhill after Citizen Kane. That is inevitable after you make the greatest movie. But he also made The Magnificent Ambersons, The Third Man, The Stranger, Moby Dick to name a few.
Posted by backwardseden 1 week ago
backwardseden
Le boo. Fell asleep for a little while. I can't get Criterion Channel to work through Firefox, Google, Or a newly upgraded Microsoft Edge. So I'm just going to give up on the Citizen Kane. Besides, I've seen it multiple times. It clearly is one of the all time greats and for obvious reasons. Shows the mastery of Orson Wells. Though I do consider Touch of Evil to be even better. I mean that fat pig of a man I consider to be the greatest villain in screen history!
Posted by DrSpy 1 week ago
DrSpy
FYI re Citizen Kane. I just tried it on Opera, Firefox, And Chrome. Works for all of them
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 week ago
dsjpk5
backwardsedenMateo-WTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro called Con a 16 year old as an insult. That's poor conduct.