FanboyMctroll
eagleman21

Immigration DOES NOT work

FanboyMctroll has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

FanboyMctroll

Pro

Immigration DOES NOT WORK, all it does is create failure to assimilate, spontaneous ethnic segregation, adaptation problems such as school drop-out, unemployment, and high crime rates. Real integration is impossible when ethnic groups are encouraged to cling to customs, practices, even languages from their homeland

If multiculturalism is right because minorities feel better among themselves, why have mass immigration at all, since it must obviously make everyone miserable?

In North America we are attempting to convert a republic, European and Christian in its origins and character, into an egalitarian democracy of all the races, religions, cultures and tribes of planet Earth. We are turning America into a gargantuan replica of the U.N. General Assembly, a continental conclave of the most disparate and diverse peoples in all of history, who will have no common faith, no common moral code, no common language and no common culture.
eagleman21

Con

The United States has no official religion. The United States has no official language. America has created to be a melting pot of ideas and cultures. There has not been a single country to accept as many immigrants as the United States has.

To be honest with you, when you criticize the United States by saying it is becoming, "continental conclave of the most disparate and diverse peoples in all of history" I feel prideful that I live in a country that is turning into that.

What is your data to support the idea that immigration does not work? Ethnic segregation was entirely due to redlining practices that occurred in American cities. High school drop out rates have no correlation to immigration, neither does high crime rates.

What makes America special is the obsession with freedom. In a free society, there will be clashing of culture, there will be problems but that is simply a part of living with other humans. Nobody is encouraged to do one thing or another when they enter this country besides be the best person that they can be. In my opinion, not trying to be rude, but it is wildly against the spirit of this country to say some of the stuff you are saying as well.

I am, I guess curious, as to what you're trying to say?

I am a Libertarian, so I believe that anyone should be able to live freely as long as they respect other people's ability to do the same. In that, I include anyone that may not identify similarly to me culturally. In America, we are attempting to become more diverse because diversity is a great thing if you allow other people to live freely just as you are allowed to. Your issue seems to be with the freedom to live as one wishes to live in this country, but America is built on the idea that we all should be able to live freely. While that hasn't always been a reality for many people, we as a nation are growing closer and closer to that end goal.

As to your final comments, it sounds like you want a place where everyone thinks the same way. If that is the case then I'm sorry but this country is not going to ever be that way, and if it is then it will not be America anymore.