WarTurtle10101
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Immigration

WarTurtle10101

Con

Hello I am here as con to oppose immigration, I am doing debate this year and the resolution is about immigration so I am hoping this will help me with that. Let this be what we debate about. You may also if you wish pick a certain part about immigration that you would like to stick to just use the first round as an acceptance and state if you would like it to be a more certain topic of immigration. And if you do please state what it is. Thank you, let this be a fair match and stay on the topic.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Pro

Hello, WarTurtle10101!
I'm here to propose and support the idea of borders that secure our country from drugs, illegals, and terrorists. We don't want these people to wreak havoc on our day to day lives with drugs, bombs, and criminal gangs like MS13.

My next round, I will claim that these illegal immigrants are the reason we had drugs like cocaine, math, and heroin, Terrorism like 9/11, and criminal gangs like MS13. Then, I'll provide sources and explanations beyond the opposer's (con's) argument in the next round.

So, I await your first argument Con.
WarTurtle10101

Con

Well first off I would like to say that 9/11 wasn't a cause of illegal immigration, all the terrorists were on student, tourist, and business visas. So your border would have done nothing to stop it.

Foreign-born terrorists who entered the country either as immigrant or tourists, were responsible for 88 percent (or 3,024) or the 3,432 murders caused by terrorists on U.S soil from 1975 through the end of 2015. 154 foreign born terrorists caused those deaths. Only 10 of those 154 terrorists were illegal immigrants.

You stated "Illegal immigrants are the reason we had drugs like cocaine, math, and heroin," first I shall state that I believe you meant to say have drugs like instead of had, because trust me we still have drugs. Also I looked it up and there is no such drug as math, so I have decided that you meant meth. So continuing with what I wanted to say, you stated illegal immigrant are the reason we have cocaine. That actually isn't true. Coca leaves (where cocaine comes from) was first discovered by the Spanish army when they were taking over Central American Indians. Soon after a German chemist Albert Niemann discovered the way to make cocaine how we all love it now. It wasn't until the 1880's when cocaine became popular, and the reason it became popular is because a Austrian psychoanalyst Sigmund Frued used it constantly and told the whole world that it was amazing. In 1886 the drink Coca-Cola was created which included cocaine in it. Coca-Cola was started in the U.S. and it was very much legal, and not brought in by illegals.

In the United States in the 1950s, legally manufactured tablets of methamphetamine (Methedrine or Meth) became readily available and were used non medically by college students, truck drivers, and athletes. There's proof illegals didn't bring Meth into the U.S.

Heroin also if you look into it ( I would but I have homework to finish up with so I just clarified that it wasn't) brought to the U.S. by illegals.

As for the MS13 gang. Yes I fully agree that it is a horrible gang that does horrible things. But also I don't believe a border wall will stop them. If they want to do something bad they can do it. When someone is that messed up and crazy to murder, rape, and steal without any thought of it being wrong won't be stopped by a wall.

Thank you and I await your sources and explanations.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Pro

Here are my sources to support my stances:
[1] http://www.pewresearch.org...
[2] https://fivethirtyeight.com...
[3] https://www.reuters.com...
[4] http://www.heritage.org...

These sources state the facts about illegal immigration, how Donald Trump's plan to deport immigrants can help stop gangs like MS-13, and make the Border Patrol much, much stronger.

There, I provided sources and explained!
Next turn, con.
WarTurtle10101

Con

I see you have dropped majority of what you previously stated, probably because all your statements were false.

You are saying that MS-13 will be stopped by the border patrol, but still I will say it is impossible to stop evil, when they are that corrupt. They will always find a way in and nothing will be able to stop them. Yes there would be illegals and immigrants that would be stopped but you can't stop them all, not to mention the cost of making said border patrol.

From the amount of school I have I can't say much more but I think I made my point.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Pro

Thank you for your argument, but that's entirely false when you say we can never stop evil. Of course we can stop evil, we just have to be willing enough to kick out all illegal immigrants.

Without further a do, here are my rebuttals.

1. "I see you have dropped majority of what you previously stated, probably because all your statements were false." Like I stated before, it's entirely false to say that we can't stop evil in our society, of course we can stop evil, we just have to be willing enough to kick out all illegal immigrants. You don't know that. Also, I didn't drop any arguments, I just gave sources and explained those sources, you didn't take it seriously.

2. "You are saying that MS-13 will be stopped by the border patrol, but still I will say it is impossible to stop evil, when they are that corrupt. They will always find a way in and nothing will be able to stop them. Yes there would be illegals and immigrants that would be stopped but you can't stop them all, not to mention the cost of making said border patrol." It is never impossible to kick out MS-13 because their a gang of illegal immigrants, also other gangs with illegal immigrants. There is plenty of money in the world to cover the building of the wall, making us safer as a whole. Border patrol will be a lot stronger if there is a very big wall.

3. "From the amount of school I have I can't say much more but I think I made my point." Is this seriously a debate about intelligence or is this a real debate about immigration? You really made no argument with this statement.

4. "Well first off I would like to say that 9/11 wasn't a cause of illegal immigration, all the terrorists were on student, tourist, and business visas. So your border would have done nothing to stop it." You really support what happened on 9/11, not our national security. I'm not talking about just a wall, I'm also talking about a very strong border patrol. 9/11 should've never happened, we should've had a strong border patrol, also a big wall, we shouldn't have done nothing about it when it happened.

5. "You stated "Illegal immigrants are the reason we had drugs like cocaine, math, and heroin," first I shall state that I believe you meant to say have drugs like instead of had, because trust me we still have drugs. Also I looked it up and there is no such drug as math, so I have decided that you meant meth. So continuing with what I wanted to say, you stated illegal immigrant are the reason we have cocaine. That actually isn't true. Coca leaves (where cocaine comes from) was first discovered by the Spanish army when they were taking over Central American Indians. Soon after a German chemist Albert Niemann discovered the way to make cocaine how we all love it now. It wasn't until the 1880's when cocaine became popular, and the reason it became popular is because a Austrian psychoanalyst Sigmund Frued used it constantly and told the whole world that it was amazing. In 1886 the drink Coca-Cola was created which included cocaine in it. Coca-Cola was started in the U.S. and it was very much legal, and not brought in by illegals." You talk about cocaine's history but never accept the fact that Illegal Immigrants are responsible for three-fourths of drug possession charges in 2014. [1]

Also, Cocaine is illegal, and it always will be.

Source:
[1] http://www.washingtonexaminer.com...
WarTurtle10101

Con

First of all I must say I enjoyed this debate very much as it was my first one with this website. Secondly the reason I stated that you dropped some of your topics was because you didn't bring them up fully. In the Debate Club I'm in if u drop an argument it basically is dead and ur not allowed to bring it back up. Thirdly I really do not support anything that I am stating I'm just stating to counter what your saying.

The reason I didn't bring up what the status quo is on illegals bringing in drugs was because you stated "the reasons we had(have) drugs. So I took it as it being how they originated.

You also stated "it's entirely false to say that we can't stop evil in our society, of course we can stop evil, we just have to be willing enough to kick out all illegal immigrants." The one way to definitely not stop evil is kicking out all the immigrants. You can not look into the future and see all happy people because there are no more illegal immigrants. And then on top of that the amount of money needed to deport illegals is tremendously large. [1]

Well I really enjoyed debating with you and am pleased that you defended the topic so well because of how I support it. and wish you the best of luck with the voting.

http://money.cnn.com...
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Pro

I had a wonderful debate with you, and it has been nice debating with you. I like that you counter act nothing just to make your argument.

My conclusion is that deporting all illegal immigrants can stop evil in this country and drugs are brought by illegal immigrants. You only made arguments as "counter claims." You can always counter claim whatever I argue, but it doesn't necessarily make your argument true, it just means that you're just counter claiming it.
But it has been an honor debating you and I also hope you the best of luck in the voting period.

Have a nice day!
Posted by WarTurtle10101 1 year ago
WarTurtle10101
Ah that makes sense thank you I appreciate it. Even if it doesn't benefit me. It's nice to know that this site is moderated.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: breakingamber// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments), 1 point to Pro (S&G). Reasons for voting decision: Both groups used reliable sources, but Pro used better grammar and spelling, likely because Con was using a phone, but that is no excuse in my eyes. Both sides had very good conduct, but Con was a better debater in my opinion.

[*Reason for removal*] The voter is required to do some specific assessment in their RFD. For S&G, that requires explaining how the spelling and grammar of a given debater made their argument hard to read. For arguments, that requires specific assessment of the arguments made by both sides. The voter does not provide such an assessment.
************************************************************************
Posted by WarTurtle10101 1 year ago
WarTurtle10101
would someone mindexplaining to me where the vote went
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 1 year ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@breakingamber go fvck yourself.
Posted by breakingamber 1 year ago
breakingamber
Congratulations Warturtle! That was a very good debate for your first one.
I voted you down for grammar and spelling, but I always do that for phone users; sorry. However, your arguments were sound.
Posted by WarTurtle10101 1 year ago
WarTurtle10101
I say I did a pretty good job
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@WarTurtle10101 you tell me if you did it right or you missed something.
Posted by WarTurtle10101 1 year ago
WarTurtle10101
lol I believe that I did that correctly. Or did I miss something?
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Well, okay.
Only two can play in this debate.
Posted by WarTurtle10101 1 year ago
WarTurtle10101
Personally I am only against illegal immigration, but I don't have a full opinion yet because of my age.