Juanmiguel
carnew

Is 0 a number?

Juanmiguel has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Juanmiguel

Con

Let's first keep things simple. And I hope most of you would root for me once you've read my point. Yes, the "number" 0 is widely used in mathematics but hear me out first..
Let us first go in the real world, in the real world you would not use 0. You would not say "I have zero oranges in this basket." you would simply say "I have no oranges.". Furthermore, the definition of number is 'an arithmetical value, expressed by a word, symbol, or figure, representing a particular quantity and used in counting and making calculations and for showing order in a series or for identification.', while the definition of zero is 'no quantity or number'. By that sense, if you're saying that zero is a number, then how can it be that it has no quantity? Does this mean that the people/person who made zero are/is contradicting themselves/himself?

I find this debate to be rather tricky since zero is part of the real numbers.
carnew

Pro

dude on the keyboard o is OBVEOUSLE a lettor, not some dumb number. lik have you even said the word keyboard before!? ? it has an o and it's a letter, u frickin dum boye. look up an alfabphbet and yalls will see o is a lettor. even he bible uses o as a letter. Danny devito says o is a lettor. don't be a dumme.
Juanmiguel

Con

Okay, I definitely win this round, sir. And I would definitely restart the debate with an another... More preferable opponent. If you were even paying atleast half an attention to my debate, then you'd know that I was pointing out the item 0, as in zero. I get that the two are equally the same when it comes to looks, but please, don't reply if you haven't read my point yet.

Lastly, you have been reported well my friend. :)
carnew

Pro

Okay, I definitely win this round, sir. And I would definitely restart the debate with an another... More preferable opponent. If you were even paying atleast half an attention to my ideals, then you'd know that I was pointing out the letter o, as in OHH. I get that the two are equally the same when it comes to looks, but please, don't reply if you haven't read my point yet.

Posted by John_C_1812 3 years ago
John_C_1812
Is zero a number?

Yes zero is a real number though historically there are limited cultures that had done away with the use of zero and replaced it with a mathematic principle to express the absence of all self-value.
Zero has a conditional quantity as it relates to other total numerical values. The first example our number ten with the second example the number one-hundred. The zero interprets a self-value mathematically in real life, how? It is the 0 that makes the number 1 a 10 and two zero"s that make the number 1 a 100. The translation of value expressed is by addition using basic principle, these values are 9, and 99.

What you can also look at is a circle which has three-thundered, sixty degrees with no numerical zero. There are many theories most of them relate to Sumerians astronomy.