Osaki_YT
zapshe

Is AI a threat to humanity?

Osaki_YT has forfeited round #2.
Started: 8/13/2019 Category: Technology
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

Osaki_YT

Pro

AI really is a threat. It will end the humanity. I remembered watching the Robot Sofia. When a reporter asked: " Will you destroy all humans? " And she said : "Yes. " And even Cleverbot (found on internet), If you ask: "What happened to Ben? " She'll say : "He drowned. " Spooky enough. Not a coincidence. NOT. AT. ALL. And if you ask: " What happened to Jack? " She'll say she killed him.
zapshe

Con

AI is not even close to being a threat to humanity. Sofia was programmed for the sole purpose of interaction. It's a robot, And doesn't even understand what it's saying. If a baby said, "destroy all humans! " - Would you suspect the baby is evil? Or that it heard it somewhere and repeated it? Cleverbot is also programmed to communicate with people.

Unlike those two, Siri from Apple is designed to give responses that won't be illegal or offensive.

To be pretty honest, If you're scared of CONVERSATION AI, You've got your priorities out of order. Why aren't you looking into the AI which controls street lights, Guides planes, Etc. . ? I'll tell you why, Because they don't give a sense of humanity like Sofia and Cleverbot. Those were programmed for communication, Therefore you have a false impression.

Those robots, Even IF they wanted to murder everyone, Wouldn't be able to. They neither have the means, Understanding, Or even control over it's body to do anything like that.
Posted by zapshe 1 week ago
zapshe
This website is just broken. I clicked "Post Comments" only once, But it did it 3 times. But as anc2006 said, The site failed to realize 3 times wasn't enough.
Posted by anc2006 1 week ago
anc2006
Zapshe, Only if I can vote you, I will.
Posted by anc2006 1 week ago
anc2006
""you spammed this three times, Your calling me a retard nigger? "

No. He typed 1/100 of the insults needed to describe you correctly.
Posted by Dr.Franklin 1 week ago
Dr.Franklin
you spammed this three times, Your calling me a retard nigger?
Posted by zapshe 1 week ago
zapshe
Franklin,

You're just a mentally unstable retard
Posted by zapshe 1 week ago
zapshe
Franklin,

You're just a mentally unstable retard
Posted by zapshe 1 week ago
zapshe
Franklin,

You're just a mentally unstable retard
Posted by Dr.Franklin 1 week ago
Dr.Franklin
zapshe,

Your just a low iq nigger faggot droid
Posted by zapshe 1 week ago
zapshe
"YES, Finally someone gets it, Hooray! "

Well, AI is certainly more intelligent than you anyway.
Posted by CraneTechnique 1 week ago
CraneTechnique
I can't take this debate because it has a chance to both destroy humanity or help it depending on how things go down.