MEMERDANK
DrAnomaly

Is Abortion Murder?

MEMERDANK

Pro

Yes. Duh. Abortion is murder, period. Abortion is a horrible practice that is murdering someone who could have been a benefit to the world.
DrAnomaly

Con

Hello, I'm undecided on the issue of abortion. First, before we begin we must define murder. I'd like to posit that murder is: The unjustified/immoral killing of another being. When I respond to your arguments I will put them in a syllogism, so I'd like to request you to write them that way. If you don't, it's okay.
MEMERDANK

Pro

Abortion is killing a living being. When you commit abortion, you are doing so without an opinion from the victim. The victim is then being cruelly being prevented from living. Some might say that the baby has no functioning organs for the first months inside the womb. However, when you are preventing the life of that baby, you are preventing it from having a life. Depriving the baby of it's potential as a living being is being prevented. This is the same as killing the baby or murdering it. What is the difference if you kill it right after it is born than if you kill it before it is born? You are breathing and living every moment and at every moment, you have the potential to live the next moment. The baby has a potential to live, taking that away is the same as if you stabbed a person at 32. You are ridding them of their potential to live which is murder.
DrAnomaly

Con

Your argument in a syllogism:

P1. Abortion is killing a living being
P2. Killing another living being is immoral (murder)
C . Therefor, abortion is murder/immoral

I'd like to challenge you on premise two. Is killing a mosquito morally wrong? Of course not. Just because something is alive does not mean that it is wrong to kill it. I take it you're not a vegan? Also, killing being immoral is an inconsistent proposition, your body kills organisms within itself all the time. Life cannot be the attribute that makes a being morally responsible, or morally protected.
MEMERDANK

Pro

Killing something like a mosquito is not wrong. Let me say this, you have a life at a moment. You have a chance of living at the next moment in life. Preventing that chance of living is murder. Abortion prevents life. Abortion is therefore murder.
DrAnomaly

Con

"Killing something like a mosquito is not wrong."

"Preventing that chance of living is murder."

Do you even logic bro? That is a clear contradiction. What separates a mosquito from ourselves?
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
+Dr. Anamoly,

You wanted to do another 5 rounds. I made the debate for it.
Posted by harrynguyen 3 years ago
harrynguyen
It is no more difficult than accepting abortion
Posted by DrAnomaly 3 years ago
DrAnomaly
Murder is by definition wrong.
Posted by MEMERDANK 3 years ago
MEMERDANK
Also, something about the logic of my argument.
I said that killing a mosquito is not wrong.
I also said that abortion is murder because it prevents life.
That is not a contradiction. I did not say that killing a mosquito is not murder. I said that it was not wrong. I also did not say that abortion is not wrong. I just said that abortion was murder.
Posted by MEMERDANK 3 years ago
MEMERDANK
Sorry about the bad quality of my responses. I am very busy right now and cannot afford a second.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
+ Pro

Check out the debate I had with Con and see if you can learn information from that.