Kira2003
DebateTwinz

Is Cardi B appropriate for the radio?

DebateTwinz has forfeited round #1.
Started: 5/17/2018 Category: Music
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Kira2003

Con

Cardi B should not be on the radio, she swears in almost all her songs and the songs are all about her fiancee Offset. You hear his name about 16 times in "Bartier Cardi" and she Kind of didn't give enough credit to 21 Savage.
Posted by Kira2003 3 years ago
Kira2003
I think that is fairly true, to be honest!
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
Well society is way past Victorian England standards. And in America there was rather extensive censorship laws for obscenity for a while, though I think they've faded quite a bit.
Posted by Kira2003 3 years ago
Kira2003
This is directed to Cardi B, not everything in general and they are getting very lazy about bleeping out words so little children who are in the car can kind of pick up on the word itself. I do not think Cardi B should be played on the radio unless they really start bleeping out swears.
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
Well if they bleep it out, it can't really be considered appropriate. Seems a bit iffy to me though. They allow plenty of cursing in music that you can buy yourself, cursing in movies. Not sure there'e cursing on TV though. It seems an odd contradiction a bit.
Posted by Kira2003 3 years ago
Kira2003
Yes, it is and they bleep it out.
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
Is cursing in music allowed on the radio where you're from? If yes, I'll take the debate.