Anonymous
Leaning

Is Debate. Org Dying?

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Updated: 2 months ago Status: Voting Period

Pro

I think it is for numerous reasons:
1. The topics are getting boring and not interesting enough.
2. There are no original debate topics (at least ones that are not trolls).
3. Lack of potential for future debaters.
4. Other generic topics have been done to death.
5. Spam in debates (which is annoying).

I will expand upon these 5 reasons in round 2.
Now, I wait for con to challenge me!
Leaning

Con

Dying implies that the site will get worse, That it will end, I would think.

But I submit, This is not the case.
DDO's 'quality is far from it's finer heyday, I'll admit.
But that is to say DDO is a shadow of it's former self, A low functioning debate site, Not that it is dying.
It still see's traffic, Still see's use, Even if it's a crik, And no longer a river.

Points 1, 2, 4.

Minimum wage is to low in the US.
Even 13 years ago, This debate topic can be found, Some debate topics are recipes though, Rather than the same old pie. And for the creators and contenders of some debates, They are as fresh as the day they were made. For they themselves are involved for the first time, In learning, Debating the merits of such a system.

Swimming is most definitely a sport
The debate was accepted rather quickly, And has progressed rather quickly, For those involved, It's of interest, And has served a purpose.

We need voter ID
Might be big in the past, I haven't read. But it's certainly a modern topic, Voting law and policy, Discussed as it is, In the USA.

I could go on, For there 'are many debates.
There's variety enough, Interest enough, Topics new to individuals.

New people are 'still coming onto this site, Even years after it lost it's visible moderators, And suffered it's current state of spam.

5. Spam in debates (which is annoying).
That 'is annoying, But it doesn't mean the site is 'dying.

Pro

Here are my rebuttals:

"But I submit, This is not the case.
It still see's traffic, Still see's use, Even if it's a crik, And no longer a river. "

First of all, You made a spelling error (I don't know if that's intentional or not). Second, To say that a website is dying doesn't just have to do with low activities. There are bugs on this website. I tried starting a debate yesterday, And before it started, It was somehow "removed by customer support". If you're going to say that the website isn't dying, It has to have a lot more interesting debates, Not just recipes instead of the same ole pie. A chef doesn't solely cook many varieties of pie. That is far from the capacity and potential of a very talented chef.

I get that they are "as fresh as the day they were made", But you got to have more than just making a few diverse pies. As a chef, You got to make stews, Roasts, Appetizers, And everything else.

"There's variety enough, Interest enough, Topics new to individuals. " Yes, But you can't just stop there and be content with what you have, You got to have more. You can't just have trains that just run on coal and wood. You also need better trains that run on electicity and such.

"5. New people are 'still coming onto this site, Even years after it lost it's visible moderators, And suffered it's current state of spam. "

Well, That is true. If a website like this must recover, Find better moderators, And get rid of every bit of spam on this site.
Leaning

Con

Which word was misspelled?

Again, The 'quality of the site, Does not mean it's dying.
Even 'with bugs, I can see this site functioning for 'years still.
It's possible your debate was removed because of the badly designed in site protection against ads,
Also possible the invisible moderators found your debate obscene, Without knowing the 'content of your debate, I couldn't say the reasons.

Honestly, On this site, Seems enough variety to interest people to accept and comment upon topics.
Debate, "There's no such thing as a good cop. All cops are bad people" by user Angiex0
Was apparently was interesting enough a topic, That the user DrTim wants a rerun.

If there needs to be 'more variety, People are limited only by their imagination, And technical difficulties of site.
Which I say again, Has not 'stopped traffic to the site.

The site 'would be better without all the bugs, Spam, And trolls,
But I disagree with the contention of this debate, That DDO is 'dying.

Pro

You may not agree with the notion of this website dying, I may agree with what you are saying.

This debate is mainly just a matter of opinion, It was a fun one though.

I thank you for engaging with me and this is the final round.

Vote either Pro or Con, If you agree or disagree with this notion.

That's all!
Leaning

Con

Indeed, Final round has arrived,
Topic was interesting enough that I accepted,
Something to think about.
Posted by Stonks_and_Ethics 2 months ago
Stonks_and_Ethics
Haha fools. Debate. Org is already dead, We're basically just in a cemetery. I like this cemetery tho.
Posted by Leaning 2 months ago
Leaning
Several Google searches later.
Hm, Seems crik isn't acceptable spelling of crick.
. . .
Guess I should have just used the word creek, Instead.
Posted by DeletedUser 2 months ago
DeletedUser
I will accept any challenger.