shyamjaxsnipe
yardyknow

Is Donald Trump fit for the presidency of the United States of America

shyamjaxsnipe

Con

Donald Trump is the 45th president of the United States. During first 100 days as president of the United States Donald Trump was already one of the most hated people in our nation. Donald Trump is not morally nor mentally fit to be our president. Trump has insulted women in the most vulgar language. When Trump was asked about this he quickly changed the subject by saying the what Bill Clinton was far worse. Bill Clinton was still a good president and he never insulted women. Bill Clinton never talked about women in a horrible manner. All Clinton did was have a relationship with another women and even so it was Monica Lewinsky who tried to seduce Clinton. Donald Trump cannot face the truth, He refuses to become a better version of himself and by doing so he puts our nation in grave danger.
yardyknow

Pro

I will accept your challenge, However, First I will make some stipulations. Being as that I hate the current president, And do not believe the presidency to be a virtuous or honorable position, I will not be being arguing on behalf of Donald Trump's reputation, But rather that he is no different and as contemptible as other recent presidents who were apparently 'fit to lead. ' I will not make any opening arguments this round to allow for my opponent to make any adjustments they feel necessary because of my stipulations. Thank you.
shyamjaxsnipe

Con

I agree with my opponent that Donald Trump is not "fit to lead" so I will change the argument to "Donald Trump is possibly the worst president in American history. " Is that fine.
yardyknow

Pro

Yes, But as we have already used up two rounds I think it would be better if you challenged me to a new debate on that new prompt or vice versa.
yardyknow

Pro

yardyknow forfeited this round.
Posted by Vorhut 3 years ago
Vorhut
This is more of a Yes/No question. Is Trump fit to be the president of the United States? Anyone can lead, Its whether people are willing to follow that's the question. Seeing as we've had presidents with mental illnesses/disabilities before, And most if not all of presidents have engaged in questionable behavior both before and during their presidencies, It's not far fetched to say that Trump is qualified simply for being able to breath. The US constitution clearly outlines the requirements, And only says that a President is unfit for his position should he become incapacitated, Which can be something such as coma or illness affecting cognitive abilities such as Alzheimers. Whether you love, Hate, Or have no opinion of Trump he fulfilled the requirements to become the President of the United States of America given by the constitution. Now whether he keeps the presidency after the Presidential Election of 2020 is up to the voters. As someone put it, Trump won not because he was a great person, But because his opposition put forward a bad candidate who won their primary under dubious means, Discouraging support for the voting process, Thus tilting the election in Trumps favor.

There's also been a proliferate increase in "Black Propaganda" a term describing how people will create propaganda that supports their opposition, But frame that support with the goal to harm not help. A recent example being several "left-wing" activists posing as Russian supporters and spreading bigoted propaganda while vocally supporting a Republican candidate to encourage opposition to the candidate. In the Information era, We must be wary of the over abundance of information and come to clear reasonable conclusions even if the conclusion result in a different opinion. Unfortunately many people have resorted to dirty underhanded tricks in order to "win", While politics has always been a dirty game, The actions of these few people continue to discourage participation in the voting proces